collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on Thundercloud  (Read 491 times)

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
PC on Thundercloud
« on: June 24, 2015, 08:59:58 AM »
Could someone please help me with the current value of this gentleman? :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think the overall display condition is nice, but not for the picky collectors.

Body:
Colour difference between head and body, more noticeable on one side.
Two regrind (or just pink?) marks, one can be seen from the front in pics, the other one is a line close to the cutie mark, not visable from the "good side"
Two barely visable tiny grey/brownish dots that could possibly be pony cancer, I can´t tell myself, I only mention them since I know some people are very scared of pony cancer, if the words alone would bring down the value? 
Hair:
Nice and shiny, bit with a bit of dryness at the end of both mane and tail
Eyes/freckles:
Close to perfect, can´t find any flaws
Marks:
Good but some very small scratches on "bad sides" cloud and a little bit rubbed in the rain and a tiny scratch in cloud on the "good side"

Help please?  :lookround:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:02:38 AM by IreneL »

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
Re: PC on Thundercloud
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 10:06:34 PM »
I hesitate to offer an opinion as I'm not an expert on prices nor super-actively buying MBs right now (*sigh* life......) but I will anyways as I do try and keep an eye out. He's likely between $45 and 60 for the condition he's in. He's always worth more if he's pristine and almost every Thundercloud I've seen has at least a small age mark on the underbelly. I don't know what the pink is but I don't think it's regrind? Maybe... It's not in the right spot for hair leaching. The head-body missmatch is the kicker. Right now there's a lovely rehaired boy out for a very reasonable price but I've not snatched him up for the weeks I've been watching him because of a severe missmatch. That is less evident on your boy but still unsettling for pickier buyers. (like me sometimes.... ^^; ) If you're auctioning, start from just below or at your threshold where you'd be OK if your boy sold. If you're willing to wait on a better price, set a price you think is favorable to you but be willing to be talked down to a slightly more fair price for the buyer.
Enough from me!  :work:

Good luck!
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 01:29:26 AM »
He looks pretty decent for a Thundercloud  :lol:  I'm  also no expert but Thundercloud is the last boy I need and I have been watching his auctions. He seems to go from at least $40-$90 depending on condition. A minty one is anyone's guess (does that even happen?!). So yeah, I'd expect to pay at least around the $50-$60 mark for one like him. But then I am based in the UK and these prices may be slightly lower than his international value.  ;)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 08:18:44 AM »
Thank you both for your replies! :)

I am located in Europe aswell so your estimate should be pretty accurate.

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 10:21:42 AM »
he's one of the two last ones I need.  *grabby fingers*
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 05:05:35 PM »
The best Mountain Boy I think :P

His issue is always head/body mismatch or age marks - which your guy here is suffering from. A nice TC with very minor head/body mismatch but no age marks will be about the $70-75 mark. With this ones problems plus the regrind, I think he will bounce down to $45-50.

However as with any super popular and hard to find pony, you may find he does a little better because suddenly he is within the budget/target of people previously unwilling to pay a minty pony price.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal