collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Value help please, argie auction lots?  (Read 426 times)

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Value help please, argie auction lots?
« on: April 11, 2015, 07:16:46 AM »
I saw a few argie babies on e-bay that I have been drooling after.
Especially one of them, an MIB white argie baby starbow
Do you think 300$ + shipping is a fair price for her?

Would actually prefer to find one loose, if I do get this one I would consider it an investment if I need cash later on (and would atleast want to be able to get the money back).

I also saw this lot with 10 argies for 1000$ (should be easy to find if searching for argie MLPs).

Only interested in the babies though, so I would sell the rest. Do you think the price is fair? It seems very high, especially since they are not in top condition. Then again, I would not be able to tell how popular they are/selling prices myself.

Would be very thankful for any help, so I can avoid doing something stupid!  ;)

**edited, removed the links**
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:21:56 AM by IreneL »

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Value help please, argie auction lots?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 09:08:15 AM »
Ok I'm not an Argie expert but I feel like the MOC Baby is priced too high. I think the highest I'd pay for her would be $150. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the MOC Argie babies seem to be quite popular for a Nirvana. I bet if you were patient and waited a cheaper one would come up.

As for that other lot, I've been drooling over it myself. If I could drop $1000 at one time on ponies I'd go for it. It equals out to be $100 each which I think is about right. Some would fetch more, some less so I believe it balances. I'm drooling over that Lickety Split, I so want her!!

If you are able to spend $1000 in one lot I'd say go for it.

(Also quick note, you're not allowed to post live auction link unless they are your own so I would edit if I were you ;) ).

Good luck with what you decide :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Value help please, argie auction lots?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 10:32:19 AM »
Thank you so much for your advice! :)
No argie Starbow MOC for now then, and it did feel way too expensive for one single pony anyway.

Hoping for more opinions on the bigger lot, either way I will have to think carefully about it! I am not in any way rich, lol! And it is an insanely huge amount to spend on ponies in just one purchase.
Do you think the adult ponies could sell for around 600$? Or are the babies more expensive? Just to get a clue if it would be possible to get some vacation-money back before the summer or not!  :P

I think all the babies are adorable! *drools* :blink: my collection is mainly on the baby blossom-pose, and with the quantity it develops to it is a lot more fun with lots of colour variations and ponies that stands out despite all of them being the same shape! And I love the "mini"-variants of the more regular adult ponies, and also the unique argie ponies. Could hardly get better! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal