collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay has presented me with a moral dilemma  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay has presented me with a moral dilemma
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 05:33:21 PM »
The note from the sellers kids/seller/previous owner is pretty sweet, and it was nice of them to take the time to write it  :heart:  ... but some people just dont know the flaws they need to be aware of and list when selling ponies. Hopefully the seller will find your message helpful  :hug:  I've had to do that kind of message a few times on ebay, but genuine people will normally appreciate the help and advice. 
 Also -thank you Mercynova - thats really kind of you to offer Water_Fire an upgrade  :hug:  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »
I think they were lucky to have you as the buyer and not some meanie. The note was a really nice touch! :)

I agree with the above to nicely let them know that in the future, more pictures and a more detailed description could prevent an unpleasant experience from others. >_<

Very sweet Mercynova! :)
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »
I vote for leave positive feedback. In all honesty the description was perfect. "Fair Condition" means basically crap in most collector's talk.

Plus, she described some of the flaws you are complaining about and the others you can see in the photo. I don't see a problem at all with the description. I don't even think a note to the seller is necessary. She took a photo of the pony with the worst side showing and describe the flaws that you couldn't see.

Honestly, this looks like a case of the buyer needing to look at the description and photo. Maybe if you take a look at the auction now do you see where the flaws were obvious? Sometimes it's a good idea to blow up a photo and take a close look at it :-)

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 01:21:33 AM »
Guys, I feel a little bit like I'm being harangued for being a complete ogre now. I ADMITTED there was stuff I should have seen, but honestly, I wasn't aware of some of the damage.

I've already said I'll be nice, and I would NEVER leave nasty feedback because I wasn't happy. I'm beginning to wish I'd never asked now, so can we please drop it?

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 03:26:06 AM »
Water_fire, it's a shame some people are making you feel targeted here, asking for unbiased advice is why we have Trader Support, anyone should be able to come here without fear of being slated.

I don't think anyone has done anything wrong here, the seller probably did the best they could with the description but things like "a little faded" will have a very different meaning to different people.

Example: I once bought a pony from eBay that had "slightly offwhite" in the description. I thought nothing of this as most white ponies are no longer bright white after 20- odd years. When said pony arrived however, it was a dark beige color, almost yellow. Now in my mind that is far from "slightly offwhite", and not a collectible pony. But the seller had put it in the description and can't really be blamed either. It's just the way it goes sometimes.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:31:03 AM by little.fox »

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 03:27:47 AM »
I don't think you are being a ogre at all and I disagree completely with leaving positive feedback. You can only see the faults if you look very closely which a buyer shouldn't have to do,  that's not fair condition, it's not well looked after and there are "alterations to the pony" (ie the loss of the eye jewels). I would have been very disappointed to receive that and if these weren't kids I'd be doing a not as described, I can assure you.

I'd leave no feedback at all.

((HUGS)) I hate it when these things happen to me too.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 04:13:38 AM »
Water-Fire I do not think anyone see's you as an ogre.  :hug:  When things like this are brought to Trader Support you are going to receive different opinions.  They are only "opinions" on how someone else might handle the situation.  But I am sorry it is making you feel targeted.

Ultimately it is your decision on how you handle the situation.  I think you have received some good advice from Ringlets and little.fox.  A message to the seller would not hurt, especially if they are planning on selling more ponies.

I honestly do not think they were trying to be dishonest though, it just sounds like they are unaware of how to describe a pony to a collector's expectations. It happens when people are just listing stuff to get rid of it.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.  Again it is your descision on how you handle feedback. But I suggest before you leave a neg. or a neutral that you do contact the seller.  It's only fair that you give them a chance to rectify the situation.  There is nothing like getting slammed with a negative/neutral when you were not given the chance to fix it. They may have a reasonable solution that will leave both of you happy in the end.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 04:22:15 AM »
I left good feedback because at the end of the day, several faults WERE in the listing photo, and it was posted very quickly so I can't complain.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 04:26:56 AM »
Well that was very nice of you.  ;)

I am glad you could come to an outcome that made you feel good. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal