collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: are sparkle ponies immune to cancer?  (Read 2518 times)

YellowCat

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: are sparkle ponies immune to cancer?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »
My Sparkles all look great too, even my childhood Sky Rocket who went just about everywhere with me from the ages of 3 to 6.  Although her body is a little bit cloudy, probably from wear.  I also have a childhood Glow N Show who has head body mismatch- her head is darker than her body, but that could be from me taking her in the bath.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
I have never found cancer on mine.

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
psst: someone put a sparkle pony under a black light! It will tell all!
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 08:04:02 PM »
I don't have any on any of mine either! Excellent :) This means my beloved favorite transparent ponies will last for a long, long time (science willing)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 08:58:30 PM »
Yeah now that you mentioned it.. The sparkle pony I found at a flea market was in extremely good shape.. Almost mint o.o

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »
Yep they stay nice
Why is it cancer seems prone to white bodies and the blue ones?

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 09:05:53 PM »
Yeah.. I see that my HK bowtie has a cancer spot. My italian one does not. Maybe it's what is in the dye they use for the plastic. Actually I'm not even sure how they made the ponies. o_o

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 11:49:20 PM »
Hrm, come to think of it, I've never seen a Sparkle pony with cancer. Same with the Glow n' Shows, which I think are made up of the same kind of plastic as Sparkles.

If I were any good at chemistry, I'd dedicate my life's work into creating a formula that would prevent age spots/cancer in all ponies. Then get a Pony Peace Prize. :lol:

Thats a fabulous idea!!!!

Post Merge: September 30, 2013, 11:51:22 PM

psst: someone put a sparkle pony under a black light! It will tell all!

oooh that sounds fun! :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:51:22 PM by lindsayrose1985 »
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

High Flutter

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 01:04:14 AM »
Sticky?! Really?!  Gah. I never thought pony plastic was the kind of plastic that deteriorates in that manner.  That shouldn't happen.  Not to toys released as collectibles - which includes every mlp pony released.
Pony cancer is bad enough.

Also the black light comment was interesting.
Pony cancer glows under uv light?  That's part of pony plastic breakdown?  Fascinating.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 03:19:15 AM »
Sticky?! Really?!  Gah. I never thought pony plastic was the kind of plastic that deteriorates in that manner.  That shouldn't happen.  Not to toys released as collectibles - which includes every mlp pony released.

Pony cancer glows under uv light?  That's part of pony plastic breakdown?  Fascinating.

But MLP were never released with the intention of being collectibles. The were and are first and foremost toys. I am sure if you told Hasbro 30 years ago these ponies would still be around and in "collectors" hands they would have scoffed a little and then told you they could not promise the toys would last that long. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 03:36:43 AM »

But MLP were never released with the intention of being collectibles. The were and are first and foremost toys. I am sure if you told Hasbro 30 years ago these ponies would still be around and in "collectors" hands they would have scoffed a little and then told you they could not promise the toys would last that long. :)

Very true stinkycat I know that I played with my ponies in the early 1990's they were definitely marketed as toys for over 3's and I got my first pony at age 5....she was definitely well played with and yet I still have her!
If hasbro knew the 'collectability' of the g1 I'm sure that the price would of been higher lol ;)
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

High Flutter

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 06:10:20 AM »

Very true stinkycat I know that I played with my ponies in the early 1990's they were definitely marketed as toys for over 3's and I got my first pony at age 5....she was definitely well played with and yet I still have her!
If hasbro knew the 'collectability' of the g1 I'm sure that the price would of been higher lol ;)

When I say COLLECTIBLE I'm thinking more along the lines of *Pokemon - Gotta Catch Em All*.

Not *collectible* per se, but many types/variations of the toy are released, and kids (or rather their parents) need to buy the next new ponies.

"Look mum!  The new Happy Tails ponies!!!"
"Wow!!  Look at those Sparkle ponies!"
"Can I buy unicorn Fizzy?  She's a Twinkle Eye pony just like in the movie!"

They are ALL collecting type toys.

True, people can collect any toy, but buying the Toy Story toys is different from buying the endless variations of Barbie.

Now, if only I could make myself realise that I DON'T need every pony I see...... Hmm... excuse me, any parents here..?  How do you deal with your children when they NEEEEEEED something?    :blush: :P ;)

I think every person here knows what I mean, right?  :blush: ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:13:22 AM by High Flutter »

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2013, 06:27:30 AM »
The black light comment was more of a interesting thing I found out with pony cancer xD I have a G1 Baby Moondancer that I was able to mostly lighten/fade her cancer patches but when I put her under a black light... she looked like a cow! Apparently Cancer and some other pony afflictions may show up better under black light but I have yet to really try it on a lot of ponies. But it's still fun to see them under a whole new light!
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2013, 06:52:53 AM »

It makes you wonder if Hasbro learned from this and has done something different with the plastic in the G3 and G4 ponies. They definitely are different, but I wonder if they are more long-lasting. I guess we'll find out in 30 years :)

In 30 years I hope my G1 ponies will still be okay. I don't think I could handle slowly watching them fall apart. Although, I am when I think about it. After 16 years of being a member of the online MLP community, I've watched some of my perfectly flawless ponies grow cancer spots and develop regrind and plasticizer leak. It will likely only get worse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 08:24:46 AM »
Don't they get sticky sometimes though?

I thought it was only the G3 sparkle ponies that get sticky over time, though I could be mistaken.

I examined my Twinkler yesterday and feel like even if she did have have age spots, pindot or other mould invading the plastic, it would be really hard to tell!
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal