collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your new Favorite Friends Set (Chrysalis Set) and their hairstyles!  (Read 3144 times)

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I say cut it if you will prefer it that way. :) You are best to have the pony in the style which will please you the most. The set is going to get a massive release and be owned by a lot of people so I would not worry about them being hard to find or super expensive in the future.

I would never deliberately cut the hair of a pony but I understand for a lot of people the style or show accuracy is important so I understand the desire to cut it.

It's not just show accuracy--it's also because the G4s are too slow for that long crazy hair sometimes.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I say cut it if you will prefer it that way. :) You are best to have the pony in the style which will please you the most. The set is going to get a massive release and be owned by a lot of people so I would not worry about them being hard to find or super expensive in the future.

I would never deliberately cut the hair of a pony but I understand for a lot of people the style or show accuracy is important so I understand the desire to cut it.

It's not just show accuracy--it's also because the G4s are too slow for that long crazy hair sometimes.

Ok...yeah...you need to explain the too slow part :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

phoenixsoul85

• Trade Count: (0)
I'm a little miffed that people have got these sets from TRU already.  I preordered it a while back and it says it won't ship until the middle of next month.  I assumed that was the release date.  Grrr.  I would have just gotten it in person if I would have known that.

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

Sorry, had a long day. The hair is too long for the little ponies. And what's more, the hair is too thin to be that long!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile

Sorry, had a long day. The hair is too long for the little ponies. And what's more, the hair is too thin to be that long!

Ahh...I am with you now. And yes I agree for many of them the hair is very thin in comparison to length - more volume would have been nice and I dont understand why they could not have chopped hair at half the length and doubled up on what is rooted instead.

I was hoping for some secret knowledge about the speed at which a G4 will travel in comparison to other generations.
Loa is my love god!

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

Ahh...I am with you now. And yes I agree for many of them the hair is very thin in comparison to length - more volume would have been nice and I dont understand why they could not have chopped hair at half the length and doubled up on what is rooted instead.

I was hoping for some secret knowledge about the speed at which a G4 will travel in comparison to other generations.

I would expect G4s to be fastest. Looking at the other gens' wings, I'm not sure they can really fly. I think G1 wings are like ostrich wings--vestigial. As to G3 wings, I think they seem better adapted for use as flippers, like penguin wings.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Very nice.  Congrats.  This set doesn't hit the US until the middle of next month.  I'm sure you will get more responses though!

I'm in Oklahoma right now, and I got them from TRU. We're usually about that last to get anything, so I'm guessing they're out in a lot of places.

WHAAAAAAAT????  Where in Oklahoma?  I'm in Tulsa and our TRU has been bare for months! 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile

I would expect G4s to be fastest. Looking at the other gens' wings, I'm not sure they can really fly. I think G1 wings are like ostrich wings--vestigial. As to G3 wings, I think they seem better adapted for use as flippers, like penguin wings.

Pony science...I like it!
Loa is my love god!

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Very nice.  Congrats.  This set doesn't hit the US until the middle of next month.  I'm sure you will get more responses though!

I'm in Oklahoma right now, and I got them from TRU. We're usually about that last to get anything, so I'm guessing they're out in a lot of places.

WHAAAAAAAT????  Where in Oklahoma?  I'm in Tulsa and our TRU has been bare for months! 

Run to 71st and Memorial TRU! They've got everything in right now. Then style their hair, take a picture, and let me see what you're doing with their hair! I also need to know what you're doing with ShadowDash's hair!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile

The closest TRU to me does not have the set-  I pre-ordered the set ages ago and haven't received it.  It seems to me that people who pre-ordered the set last month should be getting their ponies at least around the same time as the stores.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
I cant wait to get to a TRU and see what they all have :)

PolkaDot99

This is the only picture I have on my computer but I will take more in the morning

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Love the way you did their hair. :D I can't wait to find the set and remove the silly paper accessories from them. :P
~Foxtale~

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

Run to 71st and Memorial TRU! They've got everything in right now. Then style their hair, take a picture, and let me see what you're doing with their hair! I also need to know what you're doing with ShadowDash's hair!

::gasp::  I'm at 71st & Yale right now!! 

phoenixsoul85

The closest TRU to me does not have the set-  I pre-ordered the set ages ago and haven't received it.  It seems to me that people who pre-ordered the set last month should be getting their ponies at least around the same time as the stores.

Wouldn't that be nice Galactica?  So much for PRE-ordering to get it upon release.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal