collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Woah Toywiz...seriously?  (Read 2040 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: Woah Toywiz...seriously?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »
 :shocked:
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Ianthe99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 05:30:31 PM »
I pass 'em up at thrift stores from time to time.. I have most of that set.. probably paid under $5 for mine..

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 05:59:31 PM »
Wow. . .

I had most of the castle from the thrift store for awhile.  I think I paid around $15?
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 06:03:19 PM »
Is it brand new in box? It looks like they only have 1 in stock. Toywiz always gets pretty crazy with prices when they have low stock of something that's in higher demand.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »
Is it brand new in box? It looks like they only have 1 in stock. Toywiz always gets pretty crazy with prices when they have low stock of something that's in higher demand.

Yes but the key there being if its in high demand....I understand the economics of it if something is super sought after - such as the prices they were charging for the SDCC 2012 pony but for this castle which most of us have passed up at some point seems weird. Just because its low in stock doesnt mean its worth a fortune.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 01:22:52 PM »
Sounds about right.  When the wave 3 blind bags came out here, they were selling them individually, and the price was determined by which pony it was. Big Mac was 8 dollars.  In fact if you search MLP there now, not only are they still doing that with blind bags, they're parting out those sets of three also. BB size Zecora is $8!  The rest are $7 while AJ, Pinkie, and Rarity from the sets are $4 :enraged: I think they're losing their marbles because they have the full sets for sale also closer to the normal price.

OK I better quit looking at that site before I get super mad. The Wave 4(yellow) BB Luna and Celestia are $25 (Cadence is only $6).

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 01:47:53 PM »
ye um bit of a rip off...........

but sadly you know that eventually someone is going to come along and pay what they are asking it is just a matter of them waiting.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 02:10:57 PM »
They probably jacked the price up hoping someone has it on their Christmas list...

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
yikes what do they think it is made of gold? unicorn horn powder?

:lmao:

Seriously! I often see that set (or large portions of it) at Value Village. I could make a fortune at those prices.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

ToyWizBebs

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 06:59:40 AM »
Yikes guys, you caught a typo there. I'm sorry I haven't been by to see the thread sooner - the Christmas season is wild in toys! We fixed that though.

I saw up in the thread a note about the odd pricing on split sets and opened blind bags, so I'll mention that too. We split or open a lot of things, not just MLP, because customers requested it. Using the blind bags as an example, there are a lot of people who want certain characters, while other ponies are "filler" that few people want. So let's say a customer wants 1 or 2 popular characters and no others. They could buy a handful of bags and hope for the best. Or spend a more money to buy a full box and end up with a lot of common ponies they don't want or need. Or we give the option of just buying the exact items, even though the price for a guaranteed rare or desirable one is higher.

Those in-demand ponies are priced higher to compensate for the ones we'll never sell or will end up being clearanced or donated. In any blind mix (from any manufacturer), there are always a lot more filler items than popular ones. They do that to keep people buying more packs to get the item they want.

When we break open a box, be it pony figures or cards, we open an entire case at once. That means we are now the customer with the pile of less popular items, so we scale the pricing to level out demand.  Otherwise, those popular items would simply be gone right away and the rest would gather dust for all time.

For some people, getting the exact item they want is worth paying a bit more. Others prefer the fun of finding out what's in a pack. So we offer both.

Everythings Peachy

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2012, 07:45:16 AM »
I got this set for $10 I wonder if it will ever sell? :shocked: I mean $500 what in the.....

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »
I got this set for $10 I wonder if it will ever sell? :shocked: I mean $500 what in the.....
Well, as our ToyWiz contact said, it was a typo. Although, now it's indeed sold and out of stock. Did someone really paid US$500 for that? Or did the new revised price result in a purchase immediately after?
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

ToyWizBebs

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2012, 08:29:23 AM »
I just had it pulled til someone can fix it - I don't know the right price to change it, but I didn't want to just leave it hanging out there. The buyer will fix it at some point, though right now we're all swamped!
 :)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »
I just had it pulled til someone can fix it - I don't know the right price to change it, but I didn't want to just leave it hanging out there. The buyer will fix it at some point, though right now we're all swamped!
 :)
Can't blame you. Christmas is a busy shopping season. It was smart of you to take it out. Thanks for the heads up bebs, and don't take the thread personally. Just another person pointing out the "woah" moments on Toywiz XD
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

ToyWizBebs

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 11:18:30 AM »
No worries :) I don't take it personally at all. Just thought it deserved an explanation though!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal