collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 45848 times)

BenightedMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012
« Reply #1740 on: July 27, 2012, 01:18:14 PM »
Count me in too! :hiya:

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1741 on: July 27, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »
Although she was never officially available to buy here I'm still seeking her..some day Derp.y! .. I'd like to be added to this list if it means anything :blush:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1742 on: July 27, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
I know people are upset not to have her, but I really wish people would stop getting angry with Hasbro about this. I think they did the best job they could in this situation. They put all the extra ponies up online. They imposed a limit of one pony per household so people couldn't come in and grab a ton of ponies to scalp, which meant more people had the opportunity to get her at a fair price. And then every time there were multiple orders they relisted the extras to give more people a chance. I'm sorry that people who wanted her haven't gotten her - but she is a limited edition exclusive item. She was going to sell out, that's the nature of it. I think that given the limited run Hasbro handled these sales really well to try and make things fair.

It's so true! It's almost like people missed out on a really cool pony that they've been wanting for a long time, and are upset by it! It's like ... who gets irrational when they're upset? Who does that?

:iconclap:

They handled it poorly. They shouldn't have made a wait list they didn't honor, they should have a better program that picks up duplicate orders before they get made, they should have done a lot of things.
Was that snarkiness and sarcasm really necessary? You just admitted yourself that people are being irrational about this, and then you try to defend it?

I'd love to see you try and run a multi million dollar corporation and do better. Hasbro didn't HAVE to limit the number of ponies people could buy, they didn't HAVE to keep extra ponies back to sell online. They could have easily sold every single one at SDCC. They could easily have let people buy 10 ponies so very few of us would ever get to see one. The fact is they tried to make this pony available to as many people as possible. And through it all it seems like the customer service reps have been polite and trying to be as helpful as possible in a difficult situation. And yet people here feel the need to throw mud at a company that was sincerely trying to do something in their fan's best interest.

I can understand people being upset, but as far as I'm concerned, there's no need to be irrational about it. Plenty of people missed out and have handled the situation with maturity.

I have nothing more to say on the subject, because it's clear some people will keep beating this dead horse and I'm not going to have a circular argument. But I just want to say, since I know Hasbro reps sometimes read this board and I'm sure it's disheartening to come and see so much criticism, that I think Hasbro did a really good job with a very tough release.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:39:08 PM by NoDivision »

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 27, 2012, 01:56:35 PM »
The only thing I think they should have done differently would have been to give a set time/date for her to be on their site, whether through a general announcement, or emails to customers with accounts on HTS or something. Plenty of other companies with SDCC exclusives, like the site where people got Scarah post-Con, made announcements like this. I think it would have made the whole process easier, not to mention it would have eliminated all of this waiting and refreshing.
The reps handled it well, though, and I think they did their best with what they were given information wise. I'm not always sure how "in the loop" CS people are, but the Hasbro people I spoke with/ emailed gave decent information. I know some people were annoyed with the copy paste responses, but I felt they were relevant to my questions and thorough enough to satisfy me.

Blurgh, now I'm waiting for shipping confirmation. This is just as bad!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 27, 2012, 02:16:38 PM »

:muffin: Pony -must've- been well stocked for her to sell out every time within ten minutes on HTS.

And no, this isn't sarcasm.

Bronies are a fandom within the hundreds of thousands, most likely much more. The majority of them live in the US, with a small slice living in the UK and other countries.

Since this HTS only ships to the US, that takes a portion off who's gonna order, but not much.

Almost all of those bronies were probably stalking to get Ditzy Doo as well.

Then, you add in collectors.

A much smaller portion, but still a fraction to be considered. Again, around a good half of them stalking Ditzy Doo.

This pony was meant to be an exclusive. It's not likely they would stock within the hundreds of thousands.

Also, if she had a set time, the pony would probably sell out much, much more quickly, probably far less than 10 minutes.

or maybe i'm just overestimating here, but meh. ._. not many people are complaining about how many are stocked, but i'm just throwing this out there. XD

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 27, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »
I know people are upset not to have her, but I really wish people would stop getting angry with Hasbro about this. I think they did the best job they could in this situation. They put all the extra ponies up online. They imposed a limit of one pony per household so people couldn't come in and grab a ton of ponies to scalp, which meant more people had the opportunity to get her at a fair price. And then every time there were multiple orders they relisted the extras to give more people a chance. I'm sorry that people who wanted her haven't gotten her - but she is a limited edition exclusive item. She was going to sell out, that's the nature of it. I think that given the limited run Hasbro handled these sales really well to try and make things fair.

It's so true! It's almost like people missed out on a really cool pony that they've been wanting for a long time, and are upset by it! It's like ... who gets irrational when they're upset? Who does that?

:iconclap:

They handled it poorly. They shouldn't have made a wait list they didn't honor, they should have a better program that picks up duplicate orders before they get made, they should have done a lot of things.
Was that snarkiness and sarcasm really necessary? You just admitted yourself that people are being irrational about this, and then you try to defend it?

I find it ironic that you're pointing out my 'snarkiness' when one of your earlier replies included calling everyone who disagreed with you "rude and naive." I was trying to use sarcasm to illustrate why I thought your point was wrong; I'm sorry if you were offended.

My feeling is - if I already had my pony, or didn't care about the pony, this thread would probably be hugely annoying to read through. And that's okay - everyone has threads that annoy them. That is why I would not read it, or put the people who annoyed me on 'ignore.' I don't feel the need to show up and tell other people that their whining, which is confined to one thread, is annoying me.

People are disappointed; if a company's lack of foresight prevented them from getting something they wanted, very badly, they're inevitably going to be annoyed at the company. This happens to companies all of the time, every day of the year. Companies are used to criticism, or to people disliking them; it's kind of the nature of the beast. Hasbro isn't going to cry if people say mean things about them on the internet.

Hasbro brought this on themselves, by managing it in a not-ideal fashion. (Having a 'secret' wait list, then canceling that list without warning, not having better safeguards to prevent double-orders, not giving a release day for when the extra toys would go up, so on and so forth.) Do I disagree with Hasbro? Of course. But literally no one in this thread is talking about harassing Hasbro, or sending them hate mail, or anything out of the ordinary to express their displeasure. The people who are upset are ... venting about Hasbro, on a public forum. How very dare they?

tl;dr I'm still not friendos with Hasbro, and if my hateful gifs offend them, I invite them to send me an email of dissatisfaction and we can discuss our mutual dislike of one another in a mature and adult manner.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 27, 2012, 03:19:59 PM »
I think the wait list was just a rumor. When I called CS, I was told there wasn't one.
link

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 27, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »
I think the wait list was just a rumor. When I called CS, I was told there wasn't one.

There's people posting on other forums saying that they got on them, though. And wasn't there a TF forum that said there was a wait list?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Moss

• Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 27, 2012, 03:27:47 PM »

There's people posting on other forums saying that they got on them, though. And wasn't there a TF forum that said there was a wait list?
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure, but most of what I saw about it was, "I heard on xyz that there was a wait list." I, personally, only saw one person claim on EQD that they got on a list by calling. I tried that around when the comment was posted, and was told it was non-existent.
link

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1749 on: July 27, 2012, 03:35:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed the wait list was not true.  I have to agree with NoD.  I think Hasbro handled this very well.  I've worked in call centers before, I can imagine the phone calls and emails they were getting about this grey peg.  I was very surprised and very impressed that Hasbro took the time to go thru and cancel duplicate orders.  In the end, she's an EXCLUSIVE.  That means she's only made in limited quantities.  If everyone had one, she wouldn't be an exclusive. 
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: July 27, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
This isn't really about her being an exclusive though. It's about things like people waiting in line for nothing at comic-con or them not giving a real "release" date. I feel what happened at the fair was pretty sad too. They could have handled it a lot worse but there are some obvious things that could be improved.
I also wish they would care a bit more about non American fans, like Mattel does. We didn't have any chance.

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 27, 2012, 04:25:11 PM »

When I first heard of the wait list I thought that it may of possibly been a few people's desperate attempt to make the people after Bubble lose hope in the stalk so they'd get first dibs on her when they were put back up. Shame on them if that was the case!

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 27, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »
And so would I like to be on the list. :P I guess start a new thread for it?

This is what I got so far:

List of people who never got to get a D.Ditzy Doo and are seeking one.

Snapdragon
Starly
BeverlysLittlePony2012
egyptiondragon

A thread like this would be most suitable in the Wanted forum :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 27, 2012, 07:15:05 PM »
Yeah I feel bad for the Hasbro reps who *were* threatened and harassed. Not by anyone here so to say, but you know they were.

The thing is, the hype around her will die after awhile and I think she will still be attainable one day.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 27, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
I'm sorry to everyone that didn't get one. I bailed early in and bought mine for big bucks on ebay. sigh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal