collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 45897 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Re: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012
« Reply #1725 on: July 27, 2012, 08:22:33 AM »
It's a shame that the limit wasn't 2. I know there's a lot of people here that would have grabbed extras to sell at cost, which is way nicer than what the scalpers are doing. Pony hugs to those who missed her, and I really hope that you find a way to get her!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Celenth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1726 on: July 27, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »
Ugh. :( Missed her the other day since I work late, sleep in late, never thought she'd be listed so *early* (or that alarm would have gotten SET! :) ). But now that the listing's gone.... guess I'm gonna have to see if in 3-6 months the ebay prices drop or some cheaper, unboxed ones appear up for auction.

At least my refresh button will enjoy the break.

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 27, 2012, 09:56:49 AM »
We should make a new thread called 'All :muffin: Pony Lost', for those (including myself) to mourn over the inability to acquire a The Filter Is There For A Reason :drama: Pony Pony :lol:

Online dippindot

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 27, 2012, 10:13:04 AM »
I have to say, my day seems empty and shallow now that the Derp y stalking is over.  I just don't know what to do with myself. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CloudBurst Reference

Signature is rotating, PM for artist info! : )

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1729 on: July 27, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »
I know people are upset not to have her, but I really wish people would stop getting angry with Hasbro about this. I think they did the best job they could in this situation. They put all the extra ponies up online. They imposed a limit of one pony per household so people couldn't come in and grab a ton of ponies to scalp, which meant more people had the opportunity to get her at a fair price. And then every time there were multiple orders they relisted the extras to give more people a chance. I'm sorry that people who wanted her haven't gotten her - but she is a limited edition exclusive item. She was going to sell out, that's the nature of it. I think that given the limited run Hasbro handled these sales really well to try and make things fair.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 27, 2012, 11:11:23 AM »
I know people are upset not to have her, but I really wish people would stop getting angry with Hasbro about this. I think they did the best job they could in this situation. They put all the extra ponies up online. They imposed a limit of one pony per household so people couldn't come in and grab a ton of ponies to scalp, which meant more people had the opportunity to get her at a fair price. And then every time there were multiple orders they relisted the extras to give more people a chance. I'm sorry that people who wanted her haven't gotten her - but she is a limited edition exclusive item. She was going to sell out, that's the nature of it. I think that given the limited run Hasbro handled these sales really well to try and make things fair.

It's so true! It's almost like people missed out on a really cool pony that they've been wanting for a long time, and are upset by it! It's like ... who gets irrational when they're upset? Who does that?

:iconclap:

They handled it poorly. They shouldn't have made a wait list they didn't honor, they should have a better program that picks up duplicate orders before they get made, they should have done a lot of things.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:30:15 AM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SerendipityCake

« Reply #1731 on: July 27, 2012, 11:34:33 AM »
I really have a hunch that different people were involved in this. I wonder if the ones who handled her website launch were the same as those who made the decision to make SO FEW Derpies and not impose more limits at the conventions. The production was poorly handled I think. Granted, Hasbro might have underestimated the popularity of this toy, but it's not like it was unprecedented.

Putting her up so early was also kind of a bad move, I think. Look how long she was up yesterday- nearly an hour! Clearly traffic wasn't at its best then, and while that made it easier for those of us who WERE awake, it was really a poor choice for many people, especially those on the East Coast.

That said, I think the Customer Service reps handled this with grace and sensitivity. For all the copy and paste answers, they seemed, for the most part, to at least reply correctly to concerns, which is more than I can say for a certain MMO I played. While the information they gave us sometimes wasn't...uh...completely helpful ("We don't know when it'll be up!" "Guess I'm not sleeping for a week then!"), it was at least, for what I saw, accurate.

I'm still going to be checking the website just in case, and I'll keep an eye out for any I see on Ebay or Amazon that might be a reasonable price for you guys. I still wonder if she's really gone, or if they just took her down to spare further abuse to refresh keys and help their bandwidth.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:40:27 AM by SerendipityCake »

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 27, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »
Agh, I'm sorry for everyone who could not get one. :<
I got one from taobao trough a friend here at the arena long while ago, so I never bothered with the SDCC/Hasbro-site that I as a european have no access to, even tho her US release was boxed.

..but I was watching this thread and kept my fingers crossed for all you guys. I could not get the MH doll (didn't even try) and a lot of art/designer-toy exclusives I was after, so I know how it feels.. :C

Anyways, I also agree that the way Hasbro handeled it was bad. Like, they made you guys referesh the website for DAYS. That's messed up.
There's a japanese art-toy store I buy from once in a while, and they give a certain time and date when items are put up. Of course it is always a mad run to check-out and my blood-pressure is through the roof for hours before the opening time.. but at LEAST I can set an alarm and can forget about it before and after the sale-time. I think that would have been a better way.. just my personal opinion, tho.

Anyways, snapdragon and others, I'll keep my eyes open for you! I'm on a lot of toy communites, and given her broad fanbase, you'll never know where D. might pop up. :heart:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:12:24 PM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 27, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »
Maybe we should make a small list of people who tried to get a Derp from HBTS and failed who are looking to still get one?
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline xdartfrogx

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I love my frogs and geckos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 27, 2012, 12:14:09 PM »
It makes me wonder how many were actually made...

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 27, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »
Maybe we should make a small list of people who tried to get a Derp from HBTS and failed who are looking to still get one?

I'd like to be on that list! :/
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

BeverlysLittlePony2012

« Reply #1736 on: July 27, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »

Me too!  :(

SerendipityCake

« Reply #1737 on: July 27, 2012, 12:57:48 PM »
Would the list go in a new topic or this one?

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 27, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »

Me too!  :(
me 3

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 27, 2012, 01:01:12 PM »
And so would I like to be on the list. :P I guess start a new thread for it?

This is what I got so far:

List of people who never got to get a :muffin: Pony and are seeking one.

Snapdragon
Starly
BeverlysLittlePony2012
egyptiondragon
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal