collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 45875 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012
« Reply #1695 on: July 26, 2012, 01:17:49 PM »
No, no seller is thinking "I'm going to sell this pony for 99c." But the nature of an auction is that people bid whatever they are willing to pay. If people are willing to pay $90 for a Ditzy, then that is their prerogative. I don't think those sellers are doing anything wrong - there's no rule that says everyone has to sell this pony only for her list price. I think it's incredibly rude and naive of people here to be attacking ebay sellers because BUYERS are the ones driving the price up. Sure they're making a profit, but they aren't demanding that profit. People are choosing to pay those prices.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:22:26 PM by NoDivision »

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: July 26, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »
How much does she cost on HTS? (when she's available that is). Curious to know how much sellers on ebay are ripping people off by... definitely will never own her with those prices :huh:
$19.99. Plus tax and shipping, she came out to $30.37 for me. So, yeah, eBay is a hugeeee ripoff right now.

Just a comment about ebay being a ripoff... There have been a lot of negative comments about people selling these ponies on ebay and getting a lot of money for them. Now, the people listing her with really high BiNs might be more guilty of being greedy, but a lot of the ponies selling on ebay are auction style. And a huge majority of the ones I've looked at have started right around list price. So if the people bidding on them cause the pony to shoot up to $80-90, I don't think it's fair to be all hating on ebay sellers. Pony fans are doing this to the prices, not the sellers.
I didn't mean to come across as hateful to the sellers. The only ones I have a problem with are the ones that have 5 of her, each with a BIN price of over $100. You're right, it's the bidders who drive the prices to the moon. However, I still say that $90 for a $20 toy is a ripoff, regardless of who drive the price up.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1697 on: July 26, 2012, 01:59:11 PM »
It may be a ripoff, but it's a self imposed ripoff. There are those who will happily wait for the prices to come down, as many here are choosing to do, but there are those who are happy to pay the higher price tag. So I don't think either buyers or sellers should be judged because someone wants an item badly enough to pay that amount.

Offline Moss

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: July 26, 2012, 02:01:07 PM »
It may be a ripoff, but it's a self imposed ripoff. There are those who will happily wait for the prices to come down, as many here are choosing to do, but there are those who are happy to pay the higher price tag. So I don't think either buyers or sellers should be judged because someone wants an item badly enough to pay that amount.
Yup, I agree completely. How people want to spend their money is their own business. Sometimes the fans of something are their own worst enemies :P
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

SerendipityCake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1699 on: July 26, 2012, 02:04:22 PM »
Hi guys.

Just butting in here to say that congrats to everyone who got Miss Hooves (I got mine this morning- all that not sleeping paid off!), and good luck to those who are still looking for her.

I've actually been stalking this thread since Friday or so, and never really worked up the drive to register an account and post until this morning when I saw that they had put her up (relatively) pretty stupidly early for most people! Even though I've never talked to any of you guys, I was pretty frantically going, "Oh crap! Snapdragon and Beverly and svleonard and Phoenix aren't on!" and trying to figure out if there was a way to get more Derpies for you guys or something.  >_<

I don't know if Hasbro will put more up, but what helped me (in addition to just never sleeping very long and setting alarms) was my fiancĂ© helped me find an add-on for Mozilla that will auto-refresh a page for you at certain intervals- I eventually settled on every 10 seconds, but for a while there it was going at every 5!  XD It's called (predictably) Auto Refresh. I'd leave Bubble's window open autorefreshing in the background and have something else in a smaller window to do while I kept an eye on her.

I ended up panicking when she came up though- I forgot to turn off auto refresh and was wondering why the add to cart button wasn't working, and then I think my cart glitched out like a lot of people's did the first wave, because whenever I clicked "Proceed as Guest" it just took me back to my buggy little cart (not showing shipping). Fortunately, I had Chrome installed and that worked. I thought I was going to faint by the time I got my confirmation email I was so dizzy!

Also, I know someone in the thread was saying they hadn't gotten their email- mine actually showed up in my spam folder for some reason, so you might check that.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:12:14 PM by SerendipityCake »

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #1700 on: July 26, 2012, 02:07:01 PM »
well, everyone has their own idea of how much they'd spend on any particular pony. I think $80 for mimic is a rip-off, but hey, that's just me and my personal price limit. 
"he who has the most money wins" with ebay, and right now there are a lot of people willing to spend x (where x= their personal price limit) amount to get this pony. The way I see it, she is an exclusive. So her price *should* be higher than normal. Look at previous event ponies, now also consider there are 2 markets after her. (collectors and bronies)
Like everyone else has said, the price on these exclusives spikes every year after the event and then dies down a bit with the hype.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: July 26, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
Yeah, finally got the confirmation email...bought her at 0908 est.. sigh of relief...hope to see them put her back up for those of you who missed her.

I only rolled out of bed this am because my  3year old had to go potty, fate had a hand in that one....
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1702 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
Autorefresh is a great thing! The best way I have figured out to do it using auto refresh is to have the page open in two tabs. Be refreshing on one tab, and the other normal ready to get her in your cart and go to checkout. That's a great tip though! I hope she comes up again for those still waiting.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: July 26, 2012, 02:27:21 PM »
Does anyone think they will be up again?  Or are they finally out?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SerendipityCake

« Reply #1704 on: July 26, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
Does anyone think they will be up again?  Or are they finally out?

Someone on another forum said they emailed Hasbro and got this:
Hello,

Thank you for your email as well as your interest in our products. We apologize, but we do not anticipate any additional SDCC exclusives becoming available on our website. However, we may find that we have additional duplicate orders in the system that must be canceled. Should this happen, the item you are inquiring about may appear on our site in an extremely limited quantity. We cannot guarantee that this will happen, nor can we give any estimates as to when this may happen. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Personally, I think that they might have a few in the end to put up simply because I think people still would have tried to order several. I mean even though I knew they'd just cancel duplicate orders, I was STILL tempted to order, like, fifteen of them to sell to fellow Derpyfans at cost. XD

Gogobinsin

« Reply #1705 on: July 26, 2012, 02:52:16 PM »
Yup, I agree completely. How people want to spend their money is their own business. Sometimes the fans of something are their own worst enemies :P
Sorry when I was asking how much they cost on HTS and saying ebay was a rip off I did mean just the BIN prices, I saw one for over $150 BIN the other day :huh: But yeah a lot of auctions are really high cause people are willing to pay that much - nothing to do with the seller and that's the buyer's choice to bid that high :) Apologies :blush:

BeverlysLittlePony2012

« Reply #1706 on: July 26, 2012, 03:00:55 PM »
Bad news, everypony...

Hello Katie, Thank you for your email as well as your interest in our products. We apologize, but we do not anticipate any additional SDCC exclusives becoming available on our website. However, we may find that we have additional duplicate orders in the system that must be canceled. Should this happen, the item you are inquiring about may appear on our site in an extremely limited quantity. We cannot guarantee that this will happen, nor can we give any estimates as to when this may happen. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.The team at HasbroToyShop.com would also like to thank you for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated during this busy time!

:(

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1707 on: July 26, 2012, 03:10:46 PM »
I suspect there may be a few more trickle in, but with each wave they release there are fewer and fewer chances that there will be any duplicates.

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: July 26, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »
Congrats to everyone that was able to get her today!  Hopefully there will be another round for some of you who missed her. My :muffin: Pony has been out for delivery all day and she still isn't here. I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave for the weekend before she arrives. FedEx is so frustrating.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SerendipityCake

« Reply #1709 on: July 26, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
I'm actually wondering if- after my pony ships- if a new wave pops up, can we order again? If I catch her for sale again, I'd love to snag one for one of you guys who couldn't get one.

Also, man, 9 am EST is a really terrible time for her to go up! What the hay, Hasbro. I wonder if there's a program or add-on or something that'll text you if she comes up in stock again...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal