collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 45902 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is hasbrotoyshop down for anyone else right now?
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2012, 07:19:54 AM »
hmmm the HTS is refreshing smoothly for me now. Did we lose all the campers?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline RavenFeather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2012, 07:22:03 AM »
Man I do not look forward to running around trying to find all the new releases that are coming out! All the stores on the north side of Chicago are kind of terrible in regards to stock and finding stuff.

Same here, especially for that Toys R Us set with Nightmare Moon! I missed the pre-order for it.

My local Target is awful, and the Walmart is even worse. A brand new Target opened up not too far from me though, so I'm hoping their stock is better since it's new.

My local Walmarts are both very well stocked.  Well part of that is because I work in the toy department of one of them! XD  And it seems most stores around here keep very good stock, I already saw the flower fillies and bridlemaids sets at Target and ToysRUs.  Not the singles yet though.  I have learned something though in the year since I started working there, we have a TON of bronies in this town!  I have met 15 so far!! ^_^  I guess maybe that is why all the stores are so well stocked?  There is a very high demand for it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2012, 07:23:18 AM »
Man I do not look forward to running around trying to find all the new releases that are coming out! All the stores on the north side of Chicago are kind of terrible in regards to stock and finding stuff.

Same here, especially for that Toys R Us set with Nightmare Moon! I missed the pre-order for it.

My local Target is awful, and the Walmart is even worse. A brand new Target opened up not too far from me though, so I'm hoping their stock is better since it's new.

I have a Target within walking distance of my apartment and it's really hit or miss. One Target won't have anything new while the one 2 miles away will. It's interesting to me how that happens and I hope the new Target works out for you. :)  The Toys R US stuff will be interesting. There is one sorta close to me and the other is way off in the north suburbs. :/ I'll be hoofing around a lot unless they restock the collectors set. If they do then I'll definitely save myself some grief and order online.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2012, 07:25:37 AM »
Mannnnnn, got to go to class now!!!!  I won't be able to concentrate because I am thinkin' 'bout ponies!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2012, 07:27:52 AM »

Yeah, I noticed that. I clicked on refresh and it took like 2 seconds.

I'll probably head to Wal-Mart and Target this weekend to see if they've added anything new yet. Probably not, though. The midwest seems to be the last to stock anything new. Last time I was at Target, the toy section was a mess and most of the stuff they had left was on clearance, so I guess they're close to doing the reset of the toy section. Last time I was at Wal-Mart, they had a bunch of wave 3, 4, & 5 singles, the Glimmer Wings, talking Pinkie and a bunch of the Pinkie Pie & Sweetie Belle set. Oh, and a box of wave 1 blind bags. I remember last year, Wal-Mart didn't add any new stuff until around mid-September, where Target had all the new stuff by the beginning of August.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2012, 07:30:56 AM »
Running smoothly now... not sure if that's good or bad.

But look who decided to join the camp!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:35:12 AM by Mosspath »
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline ebmerc

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2012, 07:32:09 AM »

Yeah, I noticed that. I clicked on refresh and it took like 2 seconds.

I'll probably head to Wal-Mart and Target this weekend to see if they've added anything new yet. Probably not, though. The midwest seems to be the last to stock anything new. Last time I was at Target, the toy section was a mess and most of the stuff they had left was on clearance, so I guess they're close to doing the reset of the toy section. Last time I was at Wal-Mart, they had a bunch of wave 3, 4, & 5 singles, the Glimmer Wings, talking Pinkie and a bunch of the Pinkie Pie & Sweetie Belle set. Oh, and a box of wave 1 blind bags. I remember last year, Wal-Mart didn't add any new stuff until around mid-September, where Target had all the new stuff by the beginning of August.

I'll let you know if I see anything ShortyBoo. You're around Chi-Town right? Maybe when one side of the city stocks the other will soon follow. :) I'm on the extreme north side next to a whole lotta burbs so I check within the limits and outside of them.

Flutterblossom

« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »

My local Target is still carrying Canterlot items (they're not even on sale yet)! I have only found a Talking Cadance there, and that's about it. Their pony section is very small. There is another 2-level Target about 15 min away that always has a LOT of pony stuff in stock. They had so much Canterlot stuff on sale, that they moved some of it into a different aisle because it wouldn't all fit in the regular section!

My local Walmart is horrible mostly beacuse its very dangerous and a lot of homeless people beg there. It is also very dirty and gross, and yet the Target across from it is clean and safe. So I don't usally go to Walmart.

My Toys R Us is good though. They always seem to have good stock, but I think the bronies are buying everything from it, lol.

Offline Ice Crystal

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2012, 07:34:12 AM »
So I'm guessing the newborn pony dolls don't sell well? Every time I have gone looking for ponies, no matter where I am, I have seen that same Sweetie Belle, and it's been this way since early last year. That talking Pinkie Pie was quick to join her, and now Sunny Daze as well.

I haven't seen the new newborns (Rainbow Dash and Spike) in stores yet. Have they even been released?

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Flutterblossom

« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2012, 07:35:56 AM »
So I'm guessing the newborn pony dolls don't sell well? Every time I have gone looking for ponies, no matter where I am, I have seen that same Sweetie Belle, and it's been this way since early last year. That talking Pinkie Pie was quick to join her, and now Sunny Daze as well.

I haven't seen the new newborns (Rainbow Dash and Spike) in stores yet. Have they even been released?

I have seen them both at TRU.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2012, 07:37:19 AM »
Target- takes months to get in new stock. Saw the luggage ponies a while after they had already been found elsewhere
TRU- one is better than the other, though they're both hit or miss.
Walmart- best option, though gettting worse.

I feel like the pony sections in all of my local stores are shrinking.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Ice Crystal

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2012, 07:37:59 AM »
hmm, no wonder then. I haven't been to a TRU in over a year. ):

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2012, 07:40:03 AM »
Just in case people didn't see my edit, in 2007 I ordered my ponies at 2 PM Pacific Time, which would be 12 noon Eastern Time, I believe.    But I also think I ordered the ponies after coming back from lunch, so it's possible they were put on HasbroToyShop a bit earlier than that.

The TRU near me shut down. :/  But there is a Target opening just a few blocks from where I work!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2012, 07:41:52 AM »
Oooo and it is getting closer to noon! ^.^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2012, 07:42:34 AM »
I kind of wish I still had a TRU nearby, but really I haven't missed out on much. The one that used to be within walking distance from where I live closed a few years ago (they actually closed a ton of Chicago area TRUs around that time) and Best Buy is now in the building. I worked there as a Seasonal worker for two years in a row (I wanted to be hired on, but I didn't work the right shift to be noticed by the right managers, apparently) and I had a tendency to spend most of my paychecks there. Everything was so expensive, though. I still have Target, though, which is across the street from where TRU was and they usually have just as big of a selection. And Wal-Mart is just a few miles down the road.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal