collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bubblecup/Ditzy Doo/SDCC Pony Re-release?  (Read 14556 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bubblecup/Ditzy Doo/SDCC Pony Re-release?
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2012, 07:15:57 AM »
Although tao bao often has new releases I don't think its a sign of her rerelease. As much as it would be great for everyone to have her it would be unfair to a lot of collectors that have her. My hope is they come out with a regular size brushable. Wouldn't that be awesome?
~Foxtale~

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
maybe they are normal sized? but they look like stylin ponies
Normal sized ponies don't have those wings!
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2012, 08:53:56 AM »
I hope they go with Bubble-something or Ditzy Doo for a FS/$5 brushable and keep the eyes straight so people can leave their Lily Blossoms be and we can get past the taboo.
You're kidding, right? So many people would be upset if her eyes were strait. Her eyes are what makers her special.

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2012, 09:00:32 AM »
I hope they go with Bubble-something or Ditzy Doo for a FS/$5 brushable and keep the eyes straight so people can leave their Lily Blossoms be and we can get past the taboo.
You're kidding, right? So many people would be upset if her eyes were strait. Her eyes are what makers her special.
And Lily Blossom is PURPLE.

Do people become color blind for :muffin: Pony and Lily Blossom sometimes?
That, and Lily Blossom has PURPLE eyes and not yellow. x.x
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Malicieuse

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »

She also appeared on the show with straight eyes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BerryPunch

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 09:03:59 AM »

She also appeared on the show with straight eyes.
Mostly before the crew acknowledged her.

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »
please stay on topic. I see where this is heading and it will be locked if it goes there. Thanks!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

BerryPunch

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
please stay on topic. I see where this is heading and it will be locked if it goes there. Thanks!
*sigh*

I want I re-release of :muffin: Pony but with accessories like the other fashion styles. Like a bubble dress and some muffins.

Maybe a muffin hat. XD

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2012, 10:27:20 AM »
Old stuff is always showing up on Taobao. About a year ago a bunch of old fair ponies (the peacock ones) showed up in large numbers. Also, G3s are all over the place there, too.

I don't think they would re-release a special edition pony again. That would negate its specialness.

Cherry_Sunset

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
She was a Con exclusive, and if other Con exclusives didn't get mass produced, neither will she. I imagine that they will not have her in stock and just keep that picture there to boost their image, and hopefully people will buy their other items. There has been that other seller on Taobao with Fashion Styles and a prototype Celestia in front of the leather jacket, and I kept asking for :muffin: Pony and white Celestia but they never came in stock.

If they make a playful pony version of her, I'd say call her Bubbles, because, well, I don't have a problem with either of her other names, but in my opinion, Ditzy Doo could be just as offensive of a toy name as :muffin: Pony Hooves. They both imply that she is a clumsy pony, whereas, Bubbles is a safe name, and it's cute! They could even go with Bubblecup since other G3's have been reworked with G4 :) Also, they could make her eyes not as derped, almost to where it looked like a factory defect instead of it being deliberate, and I honestly think that could work as to avoid controversy.

DirePony

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2012, 10:43:16 AM »
I paid $125 for my pair of SDCC :muffin: Ponies ($50 for the first one and $75 for my second one) and I would have no issue with them rereleasing her. I don't buy ponies as investments I buy them because I enjoy them. And if the SDCC version devalues due to a rerelease then so be it. Especially if she gets a true FS release with accessories.

That being said I seriously doubt that Hasbro is rereleasing her. The issues with her name and eyes are something I don't think Hasbro wants to deal with. My guess is that this was some additional stock that the seller had. Just a couple of months ago they were a couple of prototype :muffin: Ponies that popped up on eBay from a Chinese seller so they are still out there. And there is always the possibility that these are "lunch time specials." I am not sure if that is a term used in the MLP community but basically it is where the factories continue to make figures while they are supposed to be closed or on a break. These toys are unofficial and sold through outlets like Taobao, eBay, etc. As an example the wrestler Jeff Hardy was supposed to have a figure in the first wave of Mattel Elite WWE figures. He left the WWE and his figure was cancelled. But some of the figures made their way into collector's hands. These figures were going for $800 so one of the factories in China realized this and started making more figures and now there are all over the place and can be had for around $20.

popyduggan

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2012, 10:48:47 AM »
Well, that's true, but if Ditzy's eyes are different than :muffin: Pony's then they can re-release her with that minor name/eye change so they can cash in and not clash with SDCC :muffin: Pony buyers in theory.

I'm also fairly certain she won't be rereleased, and BP I always stop and lol whenever I see your avatar's little cartoon face :)
He left the WWE and his figure was cancelled. But some of the figures made their way into collector's hands. These figures were going for $800 so one of the factories in China realized this and started making more figures and now there are all over the place and can be had for around $20.
Naive me bought one for $282 in 2010 because I thought the supply would dry up...ha!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:05:15 AM by popyduggan »

BerryPunch

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2012, 10:49:13 AM »
If they did re-release her, I want her to still be nameless. I don't like Bubbles (pretty un-creative), don't like Ditzy (separate pony), and other people don't like :muffin: Pony. It would not be good to give one side's ideas superiority. Do what they did with the Funkos, (even though it says :muffin: Pony one the stickers).  ;)

Well, that's true, but if Ditzy's eyes are different than :muffin: Pony's then they can re-release her with that minor name/eye change so they can cash in and not clash with SDCC :muffin: Pony buyers in theory.

I'm also fairly certain she won't be rereleased, and BP I always stop and lol whenever I see your avatar's
little cartoon face :)

My headcanon is that Ditzy is the :muffin: Pony recolor with the purple hair in WWU, as they show her flying with a whole bunch of birds. It would be cool for them to make all of the :muffin: Pony recolors. There is a light blue maned one and a red maned one, as well.

Thanks, BTW. I like chubby pony faces. XD
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:52:16 AM by BerryPunch »

Pinecone

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »
I personally think that if they made another non-art collector pony, they should make Minty.

BerryPunch

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2012, 02:03:17 PM »
I personally think that if they made another non-art collector pony, they should make Minty.
With sockies!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:08:31 PM by BerryPunch »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal