collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 622
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Healthy Pony.. .Team Pony Sign Up  (Read 21942 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony.. .Team Pony Sign Up
« Reply #270 on: November 03, 2017, 12:07:26 AM »
Ponyfan - I blame this time of year for the unhealthy temptations, everywhere I go I can smell delicious things cooking... it taps at your brain and makes you crave that little treat...

Crowning_Glory - that soup diet sounds intense - I am not surprised that you don't fancy eating it! My Mum used to make a similar soup, very nice at first, but 5, 10, 15 bowls later... 

My hacking cough has gone! My chest feels much better and is 99% less wheezy when I breathe. I still have the blocked left ear that "pops" when I blow my nose or bend over... but them shuts itself off soon after  >_<  so I am still a bit deaf and crabby at not hearing people talk so well. 

I have been 2+ weeks off gym but have tried to keep to my daily 1200 calorie limit, perhaps going over by 100 or 200 calories which kind of equates to "maintaining" weight instead of losing it. I will not lie, I have been TOO SCARED to check my status on the scales-of-doom.

Wearing stretchy, comfy clothing has also meant that I cannot tell if they have become loose or tight on me. Another reason why I love this season - you can layer up on clothes and it is more forgiving at hiding wobbly bits  :lol:

Anyway, at least I have tried my best while being ill, it just means that when I start gym again I *should* lose any excess a bit quicker. We'll see. I tried a pushup yesterday and my muscles did not ache (like last week) so I think my recovery is *nearly* done! Just waiting on the ear now, no way can I do running or bendy moves with all that internal rattling going on!  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #271 on: November 03, 2017, 08:15:47 AM »
To defeat the scale of doom, add layers. Sweaters shoes purse, anything you can...get on scale. Strip down and see that you lost way more than you think:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 03, 2017, 10:47:07 AM »
To defeat the scale of doom, add layers. Sweaters shoes purse, anything you can...get on scale. Strip down and see that you lost way more than you think:)

Aha, I LIKE your thinking!  :devious:

I actually did step on the scales (in just my nightgown!) and held my breath (why?!?) aaaaand....

omg

I have stayed the same weight since my last weigh-in 3 weeks ago - I am really pleased! Damage-limitation has worked!
I tried a tiny jog home from the school-run, the stamina was still there but the wheezy lungs did not like it, so I stopped. At least I know that my body has not forgotten what exercise is!  :lol:

Spent the day leisurely cleaning my kid's room - our house can suffer from damp from condensation (awful 1970s building design) so I do a special deep-cleanse every few months with anti-mould stuff on the walls and especially around our windows. I changed her curtains for a pretty pair of vintage Laura Ashley ones and I did a bit of DIY too - the windows are dormer windows (flat-roof extension poking out of the triangulated roof) and their construction was not done well - the walls here are way too thin and un-insulated forming a "cold bridge" and condensation loves to settle there. I bought some sheets of expanded polystyrene and have placed them loosely against the window-wall. It is a cheap experiment just to see if it will have any effect in stopping the "sweaty" wall. So far so good, but it is early days!  :biggrin:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 03, 2017, 12:51:06 PM »
Glad to hear you're getting better Glitterball.

That's awesome that you're getting your goals done Crowning Glory!

Ponyfan, sometimes I feel like I'm not being a good healthy pony either, but then I realise how far I've come since the very beginning, and that makes the setbacks easier.

I also want to apologise for not being around much, I had an amazing weekend, then was thrown headlong into my new job, right in the deep end. It's really tough, both physically and emotionally, as the schedule is really tight. I don't like being behind schedule, so it hammers my anxiety. I'm struggling, but it's getting easier. Our boss is really good too, he actually brought in a consultant, to observe and make notes on how our jobs can be easier, since the new schedule only went live this week with most of the new staff. I think once everything is streamlined, and my memory clicks in, it could be an okay job for a while.

As for being healthy, I'm doing LOTS of exercise, but skimping on the healthy food. I just can't keep my energy up otherwise. I'm living on muesli yogurt bars (so much sugar) and coke for energy! On my days off I'm trying to be healthy though, yesterday I made an omelet, and just drank water, but I spent most of the day resting too!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:58:27 PM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2017, 01:10:38 PM »
Glad to hear that you are settling well into your new job, Stormness_1, it is always tricky when you are thrown into something new! I hope you are not feeling too anxious and that the routine gets easier to handle  :cool:

Re: snacking - have you tried a low-fat yoghurt? The high-protein may help you to feel a bit fuller for longer? When I used to work shifts I would have one of those Muller fruit corner things - not sure if they sell them in Aus? Anyway, they seemed to hit the spot and not make me crave extra nibbles!  :biggrin: Good for you getting lots of exercise, I need to up my game soon, I have a mini milestone I wish to hit by Christmas... to lose just 5 more pounds... *sigh*

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 03, 2017, 09:57:52 PM »
Thanks everyone. There is a lot going on in real life right now and I think that's a contributing factor to my motivation loss and also being sick twice within a short time didn't help as when I am really sick I find it hard to eat healthy food.  Looking back over where I started I have made a lot of healthier changes. Yesterday a co worker offered me a chance to have some candy, cheese balls, Cheetos, popcorn etc.. and I refused because I wasn't really hungry at the time. I guess I'm feeling a little down lately and it doesn't seem like I am making progress.

Stormness 1, I have the same issue. My days off are usually healthier than my non work ones. Starting something new is always hard at first especially if you're still trying to figure things out and then everything changes all of the sudden.

glitterball, cleaning the room and putting up extra insulation sounds like a tough workout.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #276 on: November 03, 2017, 11:51:10 PM »
I bought some sheets of expanded polystyrene and have placed them loosely against the window-wall. It is a cheap experiment just to see if it will have any effect in stopping the "sweaty" wall. So far so good, but it is early days!  :biggrin:

Hey, glad you're feeling a bit better.  I'm still ill, had a day off yesterday to rest.

Sounds silly but have you checked any gutters are clear? Hope the polystyrene works, although in a house fire it could be :enraged:

I had sweaty walls but managed to dry my house house out 1. repairs to loft plumbing, guttering and sumps 2. hot summer with all the windows open 3. anti mould paint 4. maintaining ventilation
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 04, 2017, 12:10:08 AM »
Artemesia Floc - the guttering is far away from the problem area - it's deffo the thin, cold walls (that also heat up too much in the summer, leaving the room very warm at night) and yes, the fire hazard is scary but it is only 1 wall and not near anything hot / electrical. It's also shielded by some strategically positioned Ikea Kallax open-shelving  :lol: Sorry to hear that you are still ill, get well soon!

Ponyfan - life is tricky at the moment, sending you good vibes to keep positive!  :hug:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2017, 12:43:53 PM »
I hope you’re feeling better Artemesia Floc. Thank you glitterball. Life is still a little stressful.

I walked 4 miles today and although I didn’t measure the salsa I had at lunch, when it was gone I didn’t get more.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 06, 2017, 02:44:46 PM »
Well done Ponyfan with the walking and portion control!  :ohyeah:

Feeling much better today but still have that feeling of water sloshing in my ears...

I got a text message today from a friend who does craft sessions at her house + she invited me over for a small meet-up with other ladies (she is a Stampin Up demonstrator, so we were doing papercraft and stamping tonight). It really cheered me up, what with the relaxing chatter and the fun of making things! Plus there were two nurses there, so some of the conversation got a bit bawdy - which was fun, haha!  :devious:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2017, 03:45:48 PM »
So I am through my scheduled roster, but now have somehow managed to pick up two more shifts, so I'm still super busy the rest of the week. And next fortnight my rostered hours have doubled, so it seems they like me? Fingers crossed I can learn the schedule and get it down pat, they've given me heaps of day shifts which are the hard ones, so I'm praying I can get my head around it sooner rather than later! Once my hours have steadied, I want to start a better exercise routine again, but I try to always take the stairs at work whenever I'm not pushing a trolley, and working on 2 levels, I'm taking the stairs a LOT!

Glad everyone is getting through their illnesses and starting good habits. It's the last month, we can do this!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #281 on: November 08, 2017, 05:55:39 PM »
Hi:) mostly knitting. I finished the birthday present but have not sent it. I am almost done with a holiday order. Need it done by Sunday. I have a hat to finish by thanksgiving...arg.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »
I'm still keeping up with daily posts on social media. I also went looking for list organizers, and found Trello. So I'm using that to track all my ideas, and what status each is at (designed, working, need to photograph, need to list, things to buy, etc). Plus it has an app, so I can update on my phone, or access from work - all lists in one spot and can't get lost.

ETA as promised, Floofer pics!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 06:56:39 PM by Kiwi »
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #283 on: November 09, 2017, 08:16:01 AM »
FLOOFER!!!!! HE IS SO CUTE

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 09, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »
Sorry for the lack of posts. I have more or less kept up with house cleaning. But walking, not so much. The snow came at the start of the month, and I lack motivation (and comfortable/safe snow boots) to walk out there.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal