collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funskool ponies  (Read 48 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Funskool ponies
« on: Today at 07:03:23 AM »
Hello everyone,

I was thinking about funskool g1 ponies.  I found out that they were created in India. Is that what mkes them sought after? I They don't seem to different than the regular cc core ponies. Am I missing something? I would love to hear about what makes these funskool ponies popular.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Luke
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funskool ponies
« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:46:47 AM »
Only the first 6 ponies were made which makes them hard to find. And high priced.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Funskool ponies
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:02:33 AM »
They were one of the earliest nirvana ponies to be talked about really. I mean, I don't even want to use the term Nirvana because that term didn't exist back then. I feel like a lot of the knowledge around them from then may have disappeared over time, since they don't get a lot of discussion now there are more jazzy variants to talk about. But we were definitely having conversations about Indian ponies before Argentina and Colombia, and even Greece became prominent in the discussion.

I haven't seen them mentioned in a very long time though.

I used to shove pictures of variants on my website, long before the Nirvana Gallery or the term Nirvana was a thing, because I collected Italian ponies and there wasn't anywhere else really dealing with variants - but I never knew a whole lot about them beyond them being made in India under licence. And there only being the first six.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal