collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay buyer wants 20€ refund of total of 26€  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay buyer wants 20€ refund of total of 26€
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 02:41:37 AM »
I agree with everything written here. Pictures are part of the description and if someone is unsure about something they should simply ask before and not try to get their money back after - what is quite easy when paid with PayPal and most of the time the decision will be in favour of the buyer...thanks to ebay for no seller protection.

I just sold a very nice Strawberry Surprise G1, and I mean really nice, and the buyer first nagged me about paypal payment, what is always suspicious because I don't offer it for buyers within Germany, just because of the ridiciulous fees. Everytime somebody insists on PP I've had problems with the buyers. Last time somebody claimed she received an almost empty package (non pony item) but couldn't even prove that the cardboard box had been damaged because she had thrown it away right after delivery - yeah right...if she had made a complaint immidiately to the post man there would have been something I could have done but this way nothing was possible although I did try for weeks. No pictures, no proof, no refund.

Anyway, about the G1 that sold for just 5€ - I took pictures from every angle, even underneath, and she was in perfect shape. After delivery the buyer claimed that it was discoulered under the mane and it had cuts. Completely surprised I asked her to send me pictures - might have overlooked something, I'm only human. Looking at the pics it was not possible to tell what she was seeing - checked them on different screens, asked other people but no one saw a discoularation. And the "cuts" she claimed where the factory marks on the neck seam where the head is glued to the body!
I told her if she didn't want the pony I'd rather take it back and pay for the postage (what I really didn't have to) and find a nicer home for her but I am not giving her a discount (that is what she was trying to get) on an already low price since the pony is not damaged as she claimed. She was not happy with my answer but told me she wanted to keep it and kind enough to leave positive feedback.
That is why I am also, after 12 years of almost only good experiences, quite sick of EvilBay.
:biggrin:  There is always space for more ponies  :biggrin:
My wantlist http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358238.0.html

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay buyer wants 20€ refund of total of 26€
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 07:48:57 AM »
Oh wow, that's awful.  Also agreed with previous posts.  Those ponies were in great shape, and the neck seam and possible tail trim were clearly visible.  I think he or she is possibly just testing the waters to see if they can get you to give them money back without a challenge on your part.  :-/

I also agree, just politely tell them both possible flaws are clearly pictured, but that you would be willing to accept a return (minus s+h fees) and they must send the ponies back at their expense.  I frankly think they got those ponies at a great price. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:00:58 PM by Nimrodel »
I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal