collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Commercial Archiving  (Read 2708 times)

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
Re: MLP Commercial Archiving
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2020, 08:29:12 AM »
I have been collecting G3 commercials for the nostalgia myself off Youtube and have several videos that have now been removed. I also have one ad in my native language (Estonian) of Good Morning Sunshine.

I have three to four versions of the Cotton Candy Cafe commercial and some more Ponyville ones. Also a bad quality Sing and Dance Pinkie Pie. If you are interested in anything, let me know! I can send you the folder with everything I have.

Also, there are commercials that I remember were available on the official MLP site but now seem to have dissapeared into the void. I remember the Walking Sweet Steps one and while other Ponyville ones are available, I have not managed to locate the one with Teapot Palace.
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2020, 09:39:38 AM »
I've been collecting these as well and I think I might have a few you don't have. Some of these are in the middle of other commercial compilations though.

Sorry if I posted any you already had. I don't have a way of isolating these out of the batches. I've uploaded a few myself (the 2nd edition Princess Pony one is my upload) and I also have a VHS from Kim with commercials, somewhere. If only I could find out where it went. Great work, I'll be following this.

Thank you so much, I didn't have these! I'm working on separating all of the videos into individual files, and I'll have those uploaded to the Drive folder when I'm done.

I think the Water color babies is in with some other commercials that play bits of different ones all together. I’ll keep looking and see if I can find it .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4sRYoOk7bo

This one came up while I was searching. I’m not sure if you have it already but I’ve never seen it before.

Ponyfan

I've also never seen this before, this one's pretty cool. Thanks for the link!

There are a ton of links in this thread for non-English-speaking electronic ponies.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,399977.0.html

Here's Dream Valley's commercial list. There's no video, but there are lyrics, and  it could act as a checklist of sorts. I already know it's incomplete, since there is more than one version of the Baby Ponies commercial; still, it does give you something to work with.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130101012425/http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/commercials_list.html

I love commercials! I'd really like to see them archived.

EDIT: Peruvian Commercials! I didn't see them on your list.
Show Stable and Ponies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsS54gyUBi4
Baby Buggy and Baby Ponies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXaxezdAQEM
Speaking of German, this one is a commercial for the wave 1 Rainbow Ponies; it appears to be a dubbed UK commercial due to the style.
https://youtu.be/jbJbJORKV50?t=21

These will all definitely help, thank you!

I have been collecting G3 commercials for the nostalgia myself off Youtube and have several videos that have now been removed. I also have one ad in my native language (Estonian) of Good Morning Sunshine.

I have three to four versions of the Cotton Candy Cafe commercial and some more Ponyville ones. Also a bad quality Sing and Dance Pinkie Pie. If you are interested in anything, let me know! I can send you the folder with everything I have.

Also, there are commercials that I remember were available on the official MLP site but now seem to have dissapeared into the void. I remember the Walking Sweet Steps one and while other Ponyville ones are available, I have not managed to locate the one with Teapot Palace.

I would love to see the folder, if you don't mind.

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2020, 11:59:10 AM »

I would love to see the folder, if you don't mind.

Here's the link. You have to download the videos to see them though. Hope this helps!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Nr_fwdhlvzxM6i5DSXmpSUx7-JA9XDtQ
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline Lilja

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »
I love the animation used in the G1 commercials! It's so much more nicely animated than most of what could be seen on the TV shows! I'm glad people are making an effort to preserve them, because it would be really sad if these animations were lost. I wish the commercial for the first set of Rainbow Ponies was uploaded somewhere. The animation from it was also used to promote Escape from Catrina (most likely before any animation work had been done on it) on a RaMC VHS tape, which is why some people like to speculate that it's footage from an unreleased Rainbow Pony special (but I think it's fairly obvious the animation was made to be used in a commercial and nothing more).

Quackers really had an anime moment in this one :lol:

Kinda amazed Toei was still creating animation for G1 MLP commercials as late as year 7 with the Fancy Pants/Baby Brother one (the backgrounds Toei made for their MLP stuff are unmistakable). Even if there were fewer and fewer as time went on.

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 12:38:36 PM »
Just seeing this thread now. Nice to see you found my upload of an American G2 commercial. When I found out it was buried in an upload of Cartoon Network ads, I jumped right on grabbing it. I don’t know how many were made for the U.S., but there was also a McDonald’s commercial. It used to be on YouTube (along with a separate upload of the one I have), but the channel it was on got taken down. It might be buried in another video of ad breaks somewhere, but I haven’t gone digging for it.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 05:33:24 PM »
I love the animation used in the G1 commercials! It's so much more nicely animated than most of what could be seen on the TV shows! I'm glad people are making an effort to preserve them, because it would be really sad if these animations were lost. I wish the commercial for the first set of Rainbow Ponies was uploaded somewhere. The animation from it was also used to promote Escape from Catrina (most likely before any animation work had been done on it) on a RaMC VHS tape, which is why some people like to speculate that it's footage from an unreleased Rainbow Pony special (but I think it's fairly obvious the animation was made to be used in a commercial and nothing more).

Quackers really had an anime moment in this one :lol:

Kinda amazed Toei was still creating animation for G1 MLP commercials as late as year 7 with the Fancy Pants/Baby Brother one (the backgrounds Toei made for their MLP stuff are unmistakable). Even if there were fewer and fewer as time went on.

I love that Quackers!!! Where did you find this screenshot?

Post Merge: December 29, 2020, 05:34:09 PM

Just seeing this thread now. Nice to see you found my upload of an American G2 commercial. When I found out it was buried in an upload of Cartoon Network ads, I jumped right on grabbing it. I don’t know how many were made for the U.S., but there was also a McDonald’s commercial. It used to be on YouTube (along with a separate upload of the one I have), but the channel it was on got taken down. It might be buried in another video of ad breaks somewhere, but I haven’t gone digging for it.

You may be able to get a copy of it from the Wayback Machine, if you still have the URL

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2020, 07:00:28 PM »
You may be able to get a copy of it from the Wayback Machine, if you still have the URL
Unfortunately, I lost the URL.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline NanoRuby

• Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 12:37:30 PM »
Thank you SilverHorsey, there were quite a few there that I didn't have, that was very helpful.

I'll keep an eye out for the G2 McDonald's commercial, maybe go through some McDonald's ad compilations to look for it.

Everything in the Google Drive folders should be updated now, with more commercials added and some more cleaned up. I've got some free time coming up so I'll be cleaning up a lot more of the commercials soon. I've also updated the Google Doc to include links to the drive folders, a thank you section and a list of commercials to look out for.

Thank you again everyone for your help!

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Rhaegar

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2021, 02:59:56 PM »
Here is one of the ones in the Dream Valley list:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAyc-Nt3Z_s

These too maybe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Hv1Fa97uA&list=PLJaxi6-h-Fk2mtAFBvMiqISLLZG4kuNsG&index=61&t=305s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4sRYoOk7bo&list=PLJaxi6-h-Fk2mtAFBvMiqISLLZG4kuNsG&index=94

I don't see it in a quick search but I can vouch for the existance of the baby pony commercial with the "cutest ponies under the sun" lyrics, this is the verison I have somewhere on a VHS from Kim. I've also seen the rainbow ponies commercial, which does include the same animation as the end of Rescue from Midnight Castle.

And not a toy commercial per say, but this might be of interest to people here: 1987 French Toy Fair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jllWWJszxwo&list=PLJaxi6-h-Fk2mtAFBvMiqISLLZG4kuNsG&index=33

I have a few other non-Hasbro commercials/news clips saved featuring ponies if anyone is interested in those.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 04:05:36 PM »
what a fun project, thank you so much
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal