collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay sellers who can't answer simple questions -- funny:)  (Read 3223 times)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay sellers who can't answer simple questions -- funny:)
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:18:21 AM »
Recently I wrote to two different eBay sellers about their lots--thought I'd share.

Lot #1 - Dream Castle

Vale: Hello, could you tell me if the castle has any cracks, and which hinges on the connecting walls (if any) are broken?  Thanks!

Seller:  i don't know how it was originally set up, so i cannot answer the questions

[Hmmm . . . didn't realize the configuration of Dream Castle was rocket science . . .]

Lot #2 - A lot of ponies where the seller says "an extra pony will be included"

Vale: Hello, could you describe the extra pony the lot will include?

Seller:  hello buyer, honestly I dont know what the name of the extra pony is

[How about "the pony is peach with pink hair and a pink hearts symbol"?]

Sheesh.  Do these people actually want to sell their lots? 

:)

[Moving to PC ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:01:21 PM by ValeofSpring »
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
lol..I saw that lot with the statement an "extra pony will be included".

How about you take a picture and add it to the listing? :blink:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
How much you want to bet the "extra pony" is a McDonalds pony, or a fakie?
If they're unwilling to show/describe the pony, I would suspect something less than desirable...

Moondancer115

Omg are you sirieus  :lmao:
How can you not know how to put together dream castle! Jezus those people have the brains of a donkey (don't know if it maked sense in english in my country when soneone is dumb you say he is as dumb as a donkey  :P).

Like you said DO THEY EVEN WANT TO SELL???

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I completely understand that many ebay sellers are not collectors and in many ways dont have a clue about ponies...but they are SELLERS surely as such  you should make an effort!

Ebay makes me do this :pullhair: and this  :argh:  a lot cause so many sellers seem to be a little bit this  :nuts:
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

KiwiSquirtBottle

"Dear sellers: can you take photographs that show what you're talking about, please?" >.>

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
I know the feeling, even the easiest questions are to hard for them to answer....
I always thought I was the only one having that problem xD

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
*headdesk* I have to wonder if they realize they're hurting their bottom line with this kind of stuff. It's like sellers who start off the pony descriptions with things like "she looks dreadful," or "this pony is really beaten up". I mean, I certainly wouldn't advocate for misrepresentation, but there's a way to frame even a manky pony in positive light while still being honest about the condition. "Well loved and in need of some TLC" or "a great candidate for a serious restorer" sound much better than "really dirty."

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
the silliest one I've had lately:  "can you tell me if any of the ponies have haircuts,chew marks, or pen marks?"

reply:  "I don't know, I don't collect them.  Look at the pictures."

not knowing if the hair is cut I can understand, but um, is it really *that* hard to tell if they've been chewed on or written on?  If I could tell from the very fuzzy pics, I wouldn't ask. :/
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Flickerswift

Maybe the Dream Castle seller is working for one of those "Sell it on Ebay" places and isn't allowed to mess with the item once it has been photographed? (Trying to see the best in people here, heh.)

As for the person who cannot read and/or understand your second question, I don't know... I think people just want to sell things and not bother talking about them. I'm sure if most of the people on Ebay could get rid of the "Ask the Seller" button they would.

Offline PonyMonsters

• MOC Swirly Whirly
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Proud Swirly Whirly hoarder!
    • View Profile
Facepalm!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
When there are high price or overseas auctions I really want, I ask the seller simple question(s) to see if they even respond and then to see how they respond. If they can't do either then I pass on the auction. It's not worth the hassle after the auction ends and there's a problem.

I hope you were able to find the info you needed or find a better seller for your items! I'm so glad for the Arena, I've had much better luck with B/S/T here!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
...I'm sure if most of the people on Ebay could get rid of the "Ask the Seller" button they would.

As a seller (and a buyer), I definitely wouldn't want that.  You run the risk of a problem transaction if buyers can't ask about things that might be important to them.  Communication between both parties should always be encouraged. :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Flickerswift

Re: Ebay sellers who can't answer simple questions -- funny:)
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »
...I'm sure if most of the people on Ebay could get rid of the "Ask the Seller" button they would.

As a seller (and a buyer), I definitely wouldn't want that.  You run the risk of a problem transaction if buyers can't ask about things that might be important to them.  Communication between both parties should always be encouraged. :)

I agree with you. I'm just saying a lot of ebay users are lazy and they think if you don't like/can't tell enough about what you read in the description or see in the picture, don't bother bidding. I've had sellers tell me that exact thing before.

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
the silliest one I've had lately:  "can you tell me if any of the ponies have haircuts,chew marks, or pen marks?"

reply:  "I don't know, I don't collect them.  Look at the pictures."

not knowing if the hair is cut I can understand, but um, is it really *that* hard to tell if they've been chewed on or written on?  If I could tell from the very fuzzy pics, I wouldn't ask. :/

Oh my, how many times have I had this identical interaction?  I'd say more than 50% of the time I ask a question, I get something like this.  Just pick the pony up and examine it for pen/bite marks!

Also, in asking the seller to id the extra pony, of course I'm hoping the seller will say something like "she's a light green unicorn w/ gem eyes and a bird on her bum."  HA!  It *was* probably a fakie or McDonalds toy.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal