collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93901 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #975 on: September 25, 2023, 07:29:14 PM »
I'm not sure if this should go in WYP or here, but for now I'll put it here.

I mentioned that I got a denial of authorization letter from my insurance company about my monthly shot. I called the clinc where I get the shot the next day and asked if my appointment that was already scheduled was still covered.  I was assured that it was (I had one visit left on my referral)  Based on that information, I got the shot.  I mentioned to the nurse that I didn't get any text reminders for the appointment and the nurse said it was because it was marked in the computer as "hold for authorization."  He told me that the approval came through the week before so everything should be good. I hope they were right, because I will be very angry if they got it wrong, since I kept the appointment based on the information I was told.  My mom says she thinks that the clinc filing for a new authorization might have cancelled out my last referral visit.  I would have never kept the shot appointment if I had known it wasn't covered as the shots are very expensive.  They did say I need a new referral from my PCP for my next shot (I knew that since I used all of my visits.)  so I'm hoping it is covered.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #976 on: September 26, 2023, 07:14:17 AM »
My ears are itchy.

I didn't sleep last night. I couldn't fall asleep and when I did, I woke up right away.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #977 on: September 26, 2023, 02:05:21 PM »
I didn't sleep well last night either. Brain too busy rattling over nothing. Very annoying.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 26, 2023, 03:31:21 PM »
Freaking apple releasing iOS updates like mad lately is making my job so difficult! Two last week and another today?!  :rant:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 26, 2023, 04:16:29 PM »
I'm still a bit worried about the monthly shot being covered by my insurance.  Based on the info I was given by the clinic, it should have been.  My mom has already told me to stop talking about it.:(   

We have plenty of food, but the last several meals have been things my dad wanted.  Today for lunch my mom suggested Hot Pockets but said she might ask my dad to get pizza instead.  When she came back in she had the Hot Pockets and said she didn't ask my dad about getting pizza. 

My dad has worked the fair the last few years, but this year he's not.  I don't really mind, but when he was working the fair, my mom and I did things that we usually didn't get to do.  That's what I miss, being able to do different things.

My dad said he "used Paypal" to buy something on Ebay a while back. What he actually did was open a Paypal Credit account.  He said he tried to pay the bill online and I didn't work.  My mom asked me about it today and it only took a few minutes to find the answer.  He was trying to use a credit card to pay and since Paypal Credit is basically a line of credit, they don't allow a credit card as a payment.

My anit anxiety medicine makes me really groggy the next day.

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #980 on: September 27, 2023, 08:33:31 AM »
You guys are too sweet :hug:.

My stomach hurts.. and I am dead tired. I had a 11 hour shift today due to work on the railway causing me to go by buss instead. I had some beautiful scenery but I had trouble to stay awake. I always fall a sleep on a bus and now I had to work on it and be professional. Luckily I wasn't the one driving lol.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 27, 2023, 12:13:44 PM »
I feel really petty even mentioning this, but a friend of mine posted something on Facebook yesterday.  I wrote a quick response to her as did many others.  My friend gave everyone that posted a reaction except for me.  I'm hoping it was an oversight on her part and not intentional. but it brings up bad feelings over another friendship that dissolved mostly because the other person's person way of dealing with something I said that she got upset about was to ignore all efforts I made to communicate with her "until she got over it." I never even knew that she was harboring a grudge against me about it until I confronted her months later about the lack of communication.  I would try to communicate with her and be ignored only to see her actively posting on Facebook minutes later.   I've tried hard not to assume that just because person A did that it means that person B will do the same, but as much as I've tried, I can't always stop those feelings from resurfacing.   

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #982 on: September 27, 2023, 12:48:32 PM »
I'm sorry that happened, Ponyfan. It seems silly but being ignored or otherwise passed over on social media can hurt too. I think I posted in here when a YouTuber I follow deleted a comment I made on his video, even though I had been commenting and he had been replying until then. I skipped making a comment on the next video, but then started again and he was replying like before. I think the deletion was an accident. It made me feel hurt and confused when it happened though.

Maybe it was just an oversight on your friends part :) but I can understand why you might worry they are acting like your other friend. It's hard to know intent over the internet.

--

My complaint is my eyes are bothering me. They keep getting all gooey like I need sleep but I slept last night and in fact slept later than usual. Maybe it's allergies. Allergy "season" never really stops down here and it's been raining a lot again.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #983 on: September 28, 2023, 09:28:55 AM »
AMAZON! Seriously! I ordered a book from US Amazon as it was an old one and I could only find it there. Today I thought I should check deliverystatues only to find out it had been damaged in transit, returned to Amazon warehouse and canceled :(. I should contact them if I did not get a refund within five businessdays. I checked my bankstatement, no refund. Counted the days, it had been three weeks!
My problem is the customer service! To even find it! Such a freaking hassle! I could write a novella about it. In fact I did it on facebook. But Im still pissed. And afterwards they sent an email asking how the customer service was. The representative five stars. He helped me, even if it sounded like he stood outside in a wind storm. How easy was it to get in contact with customer support? Minus wasn't an option. I could not rate the chatbot. But I told them what I thought in the commentbox.

I'm still out of that book :(.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #984 on: September 28, 2023, 12:20:54 PM »
This isn't trivial but the place were my mom is, Solaris, I pay them every month to cover what the insurance doesn't cover, which is $1,486. But when she was first there for rehab the insurance covered it 100%. When they moved her from rehab to long term care, no one bothered to tell us that she needed to pay. Two months went by until we got a bill. So she is behind two months. She doesn't get much extra money and I don't have any money, so that balance has stayed the same. They want me to pay it off. They know I'm in charge of my mother's money (well and everything else). They keep sending me letters threatening me.

Well today my mom called me. One of the nasty ladies in the business office went to her and told her she needs to pay this off. Then she started asking what my mother is doing there. WTF. It's none of your business, for one thing. Second, why are you even bothering my mom? She can't do anything. I'm the one who handles the money. What, I wasn't scared by your letters so you go to her? Leave her alone! My mom was very upset.

I have explained to these women (there are two, one is *slightly* nicer than the other but not by much) that she will never catch up to the total owed because she doesn't get enough money. If I had extra money, I would put it towards the balance, but I don't. I had called my niece and asked her to pay it, but she never answered or called back. I tried to get a 10k lone from my bank but you have to have filed taxes or have pay stubs. I have neither.

Like, what do you want me to do? Collect cans? Can you even get money for them anymore?!

It's ridiculous. But they really need to leave my mom alone. There is zero reason to talk to her about it :mad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 28, 2023, 01:28:52 PM »
I think my coworker passed something to me. Argh! I’m fighting it though.   :sneaky:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 28, 2023, 03:29:09 PM »
Thanks BC,  I'm hoping it was an oversight too.  We fall in and out of communication for months at time, but she sent me text a while back that said even though we don't text as much as we used to, that I'm still important to her and mean a lot to her. She means a lot to me too, but I get distracted sometimes and forget to text her. 
I'm sorry that the aides are doing that to your mom.  It reminds me of when my grandpa was in the nursing home after a stroke and the local police officers walked in the middle of the night and said "Your son was found dead."  turned around and walked out.  My grandpa had a stroke and although he could still communicate some (although it was difficult) they way it was handled wasn't good.

I was up a lot last night with a cough that wouldn't quit.  Since I was scheduled to work today, I couldn't really take anything to suppress the cough that would make me drowsy.  I finally got up at 5.  I debated going in to work today but decided to go ahead. I only got a few hours of sleep. but this happened before when the air conditioning was out and I did okay.  I wasn't running a fever, sneezing or having a runny nose.  My voice sounds terrible, but I thought that was due to allergies or lack of sleep.   I didn't want to cancel work at the last minute unless it was absolutely necessary.  I rubbed some of my makeup off due to feeling like I needed tissues, which I think was pointless since my nose wasn't running and I wasn't sneezing. I also took a lot of cough drops so I wouldn't cough all day.  I feel a lot better than I did earlier today, so I'm hoping it was just allergies/asthma.   I carry hand sanitizer on my lanyard at all times and made sure I used a lot of it.  I hope someone doesn't complain.  If I really thought that I was coming down with something, I wouldn't have gone in.  I've noticed when I don't tale double vitamin C or my allergy pill. I start to feel run down.   I took a Covid test after I got home, just to be sure and it was negative. I guess I could always say that I thought it was allergies or asthma since I have both. I think it could also be like the time that I was exposed to birds and the cage and surrounding area was so dirty that my voice sounded horrible for the next 2 days, but I got better once I wasn't exposed to the birds for 8 hours a day.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 03:38:29 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 28, 2023, 03:53:29 PM »
Oh no, BC! I feel badly for your mother.  Is she on medicaid?

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #988 on: September 28, 2023, 03:58:29 PM »
Oh no, BC! I feel badly for your mother.  Is she on medicaid?

Medicaid AND Medicare. She still has to give a percentage of what she gets because quote "it's a liability"... whatever that is supposed to mean.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #989 on: September 29, 2023, 04:54:39 AM »
i'm sorry BC. i hope you can work something out with the nursing home. it's horrible of them to treat your mother that way :hug: :hug:

my complaint today is about Amazon and the grocery store. I ordered some lens wipes from Amazon and they delivered the package to the wrong address. i can see in the photo that it's someone else's front porch! they won't send me a refund until a few more days have gone by. their chat box recommended buying another :huh: i just want a replacement. i don't want to spend more money until that happens. i guess they hope people will buy another and just forget about the mis-delivered one. maybe i'll get lucky and the person who got the item by mistake will bring it over?

now to the grocery store. i ordered a 30 pack of wet dog food and they gave me a 2 pack instead. it wasn't a substitution it was just the wrong item. um there's a big difference between a 2 pack and 30 pack of food. i placed a complaint on their website so hopefully i'll be able to get the correct item soon.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal