collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 50642 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1140 on: October 15, 2023, 07:53:10 PM »
Little hacks at stuff, see Trivial Complaints also.
I found a cute bottle I want to keep which had paint chips, but all on the one paint colour, so I painted over that with a close enough colour. It dried so I can stash it in the Last Box.
My towels are drying nicely, & the one I hung over the bathroom door is completely dry & packed in the Last Box.
Lagging behind on the internet stuff, but that's the price I pay. I still come here & go to Discord & check emails, but the Reddit stuff has been neglected, & I have a load to watch on Youtube every time I go in there (at least I can crochet while catching up there).
Today: RECYCLING!!! Sorting rubbish, doing dishes, seeing support worker & sending skip stuff off wi her, also what to do wi bikes (they can leave for a bit but I'd like them to return, though who can store them???).
Yep I'm busy, yep it WILL be worth it!!!

HOM hope you feel all rested & relaxed xxx
Beth YAIY!!! And enjoy the soup!!!
Beldarna rest up when you can xxx Colds make you tired as your body uses energy to fight them!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 17, 2023, 05:00:21 AM »
I got the recycling out!!!
My support worker came & took the stuff to the skip!!!
My coffee pal & her partner took my bikes into their garage!!!
I made coffee morning, & took the reuseables there for the blessing table!!!
Also got messages & electric (I'll need to get that every two weeks now...)
AND I cleaned myself & my hair!!!
I'm now working on bottle transfers. I want only one bottle of conditioner out if possible!!! I still like the two shampoos: one quick & generic for cleaning, one for a final go & a nice scent. The current second one is citrus & lovely.
I also got my dishes done!!!
Today, laundry (clothes). I did a sleeping bag the other day too. I also moved the last thing from the bathroom path out of the way.
I'm getting there!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1142 on: October 17, 2023, 06:46:07 AM »
Gooooooooo, PBW! :cheer:

I'm feeling better than before but still not great. I need to take a break from my Halloween swap pony. I think I'm concentrating too hard and making things more difficult. I'm not sure what I'm doing today. Maybe some laundry and clean up the kitchen.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1143 on: October 18, 2023, 03:25:19 AM »
I tried to read this morning but fell a sleep. I've been sitting and sleeping at an odd angle for close to two hours as one of my cats slept on my lap. My back is hurting a bit, lol. I'm on the mend from the cold, but still freezing and sweating on and off but my biggest concern is the razor sitting in my throat. I'm thinking lunch is approaching and I need one that is kind to that razor.. it should be pancakes right? With ice cream? :biggrin:
I hope I get some much needed energy afterwards. I want to Diamond Paint.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 18, 2023, 09:37:51 AM »
Woo, PBW you're on a roll!! :cheer: :cheer:

:hug: to Beldarna and BC, hope you're feeling better soon <3 (mm pancakes!)

Theatre weekend in London this weekend for me, must start packing! As soon as I finish catching up on the internet ;) Sunset Boulevard tomorrow (I won tickets in their lottery, I'm so excited!! :frolic: I hope they're good seats, won't find out until we get there), shopping on Friday, and Saturday is Back to the Future Day! I need to get back to wrestling with... errr, fixing up my hairpiece for the cosplay I'm doing :p Looking forward to it but gosh I hope this silly hairpiece cooperates with me today xP

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1145 on: October 18, 2023, 02:46:59 PM »
I'm really disappointed that the prednisone isn't making me feel much better this time. It usually takes all my pain away, but my hips and lower back are still very sore and it's hard to walk. Also my head feels weird, like all the blood is rushing to it. If I move too fast or turn my head I get auras.

Today I did get the kitchen partially clean. Still need to wash dishes but I just don't feel like it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 18, 2023, 07:20:05 PM »
BC, Carrehz, I am!!! And I have the go-ahead!!! The work starts a little later (1st November) but is still a go!!! Cheers so much!!!

BC I hope you feel better!!! Sometimes meds take a while to take effect xxx
Carrehz sounds like fun!!! Enjoy & hope your project cooperates too!!!
Beldarna, take it easy. Pancakes wi lemon juice & honey sounds good xxx And if the diamond painting relaxes & doesn't strain your eyes too much, go for it!!!

CRASHED OUT!!! But I got the visit & they said as mentioned above!!!
More things arrived yaiy!!!
I finished ball 2 of the current scarf, come ON scarf!!!
Got clothes laundry done. Just need to dry them now...
And caught up wi Reddit a bit

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1147 on: October 19, 2023, 08:50:23 AM »
I do feel better today. I'm glad you get your renovation, PBW :)

Guess I'll do the dishes today, maybe shower. Otherwise I'm working on my swap pony.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 19, 2023, 09:01:27 AM »
Ponybookworm, thanks :). I managed to finnished one painting yesterday and started another one today. But it goes slowly, I get tired easily.

I've been binging a brittish doctumentary series today about people meeting their partners on social media and getting killed by them. Seems like I struck gold with the one I met. Had a good talk with hubby about random things today as well :). My throat is still soar and my nose stuffed but no more fever. I ran out of ginger so need to get more of that somehow.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 20, 2023, 04:23:56 AM »
It’s been a bit! My blood pressure has been crazy high lately and I’ve been sick from it, especially after my last eye treatment.

That being said, I’m gearing up for Pride this weekend and a Halloween party the next.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 20, 2023, 04:38:21 AM »
Still stuffy nose and soar throat but the energy is coming back! I managed to walk to the store in the snow and buy some much needed groceries. Ninja is bored and want to go out. The sun is shining so he thinks it's warm and summery. I'm considering taking him out.. he will be so surprised by the snow. He does not like it so I think it will be a quick outandin. I have a borrowed book on the e-reader that expires in three days that I need to finnish. I usually read it on the train but with being sick I'm so far behind.. so must read. Not a bad must do-list :). The snow was wonderful to walk in by the way.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 20, 2023, 09:46:05 PM »
BC glad you're feeling well!!!
NovelNerd, get well soon & enjoy xxx
Beldarna glad you got out & are recovering xxx

Went out on Thursday. Partly regret it due to weather, partly glad I did due to its getting worse since. Went to three shops, got a couple of small treats & some essentials, as well as food & finishing the gift card off. I had to eat in the cafe attached to one shop as the others were all shut. Got the snake thing AND some plughole clearer. Started wi the plughole clearer when I got home. Also got some cosy leggings & some messages.
Meanwhile I finished another scarf & am well on the way wi a matching hat. I want that & another hat done at least before the month ends for Blythswood. I found some hat templates I can use as a rough guide to what size I need to make them, & according to my head they work.
Just more crochet & rinsing off stuff for a bit until the weather settles down (hope it's better by Tuesday). Even a few packages are delayed by the storms!!!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 22, 2023, 06:55:05 AM »
I finished the hat!!! And a second is well on the way!!! The last bits were fiddly but WORTH IT!!! I just need to stick to a certain amount of stitches in the ribbing & sorted there when I do the second (6 looks good)

BC: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :tort: :birthday:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1153 on: October 22, 2023, 11:12:23 AM »
Thank you :accomplished:

I visited my mom. I didn't have too hard a time walking, but my shorts kept wanting to fall off :lol: Guess I lost more weight than I realized. It is so bright out there though! Even with my sunglasses I was squinting and trying not to close my eyes. Being mostly a shut-in they aren't used to that.

I got some coupons in my email for my birthday :) One is a free item from Bath & Body Works plus 20% off. I'm thinking of buying a candle and some lotion. I can get a free cake from Publix and some flowers, but it's not close. The money I'd have to spend on a ride would be more than buying a cake and flowers from Walmart. I think maybe I'll get a couple slices of cheese cake :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 22, 2023, 06:34:45 PM »
BC, I wish you a happy birthday in this thread too! :good: :heart:
Glad to hear you were able to visit your mother! :heart:

My Sunday was spent sleeping for a long time. :zzz: That's why I can't seem to go to sleep, even though it's night now.  :biggrin:

One day I should visit the cemetery to take small spruce branches and heather to the graves of my grandparents and my grandmother's parents. I'm afraid that the ground is already so frozen that I can't even dig a small hole for the heather. Why didn't I go earlier in autumn when it wasn't minus degrees yet. :pout:

Oh and changing winter tires! Fortunately, this is handled by a car repair shop. ^^; I just suspect that those old winter tires are no longer suitable, so we have to buy new ones. Goodbye money! visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 07:13:28 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal