collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2013 Ornament Swap **all shipped! Waiting for last box to arrive!**  (Read 40672 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Ornament Swap
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2013, 02:02:14 PM »
I'll have my form up by this weekend! Lol just gotta get to my computer. I'm usually mobile and not so easy mobile.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 11:46:39 PM »
Here's my answers

1. What colours do you prefer:

I don't really have a preference, any colors are fine.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

I would prefer nothing too religious like crosses or other clear symbols, but I don't mind things that just *can* have a biblical meaning like stars or animals with angel wings and stuff like that.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

Ooh, carousels definitely. And animals in other forms, like reindeer, (rocking) horses, birds... The one animal that goes above all the rest is the pig, I simply love them. Usually it's best to stick with either realistic or simplified (think gingerbread cutter shapes) animal designs, but I'm gonna trust your judgement. Other than animals, I really like all vintage style stuff and everything that sparkles and glimmers in the christmas lights. Also, all things candy and gingerbread are nice. I really only dislike a couple of themes, specifically babies (they creep me out) and ornaments with the current year printed on them.

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

I like chocolate, toffee and everything super sour. Peppermint candy canes taste really good around christmas time as well.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

Hmm, I guess I don't really have a preference here either. Use your own judgement.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?

If you are happy to send one, then yes. Ornaments are always quite fragile, just pack it very carefully and it should be fine. Once here, it should be safe.

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

I only really collect ponies, but I do like things with owls, pigs or chow chows (dog breed) on them.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Not any that I've ever heard of.

More answers:

Would you like a handmade garland?

I wouldn't normally count garland as an ornament, but I'm fine with it as an extra. I don't have any tree climbing cats or anything, just a very well behaved (and lazy) chow chow.

How big is your Tree if you have one?

I think our tree is usually something like 2 meters high, and I also have a small table top one.

Would you like a pony ornament? If you would like one would you prefer a handmade one or a store bought one or does it matter?  If store bought would you mind a G4 one?

Preferably no pony ornaments, sorry. I try to keep things traditional and not have any fandoms present on my tree. Pony stuff is fine as an extra though.

When it comes to extra stuff would you prefer like candy and little trinkets or would you like a smaller ornament or tree decoration piece instead?

I'm going to let my partner decide. I'm okay with either. I would also be absolutely fine with something like tea as an extra (I drink a LOT of tea.)

Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite favors?

Tea and cocoa. My favorite tea is Earl Grey, but I also like trying new flavors. Bags and loose leaf are both okay. Coffee gives me a headache for some reason.

Do you like advent calendars?

Sure, I have a chocolate one every year. It's a nice way to start the day.

Disney?

I would prefer not, for the same reason as MLP.

Incense?

Have to say "no" here too, I have kinda sensitive nose.

Favorite pony:

Mine is Fizzy, has been since childhood. She was also the first one I got when I started my g1 collection again. I generally like all the green ponies, and twinkle eyes are my favorite set. Also, unicorns. All these also aply to my second favorite and my avatar pony, Mimic.

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories that you wouldn't mind receiving?

I'd be happy to get any G1 accessories really. And I can never have too much ponywear, I'll take any extra parts you may find.

Which Christmas-related extras would you like to receive? (Snowglobes, crafts supplies, cards ...whatever comes to your mind!)

Supplies for making cards would be a definite hit.

What animals do you like and would you like them as ornaments?

I like all animals, I'm actually studying veterinary medicine. Favorites are: pigs, owls and other birds, reindeer, goats, dogs, donkeys and (carousel/rocking) horses. Again, go with things that are elegant, adorable, realistic, simplified, beautiful or vintage-like, rather than cartoony and funny, and you can't go wrong with any animals. I promise.

Do you have kids/live with any kids?

No, unless my furry kid or my teenage little sister count. You don't really have to get anything for them though, my dog is terribly picky and my sis can do her own swaps if she wants to.

Pictures of my tree or ornaments?

I don't have any photos, but you really don't need to worry about getting me something I already have. It's not gonna happen.

Do you collect MH? If you do are there any MH items you're looking for (cheap enough to be an extra maybe?) or do you like handmade clothing? This can also go for the pony people would you like some holiday pony wear?

I don't collect MH, but handmade ponywear is welcomed. I love dressing up my ponies.

Do you have pets?  (Info about your pets please if you feel like sharing) Would you like little treats or things for your pets? What do they like?  Oh how big are they? Would you like a little sweater or something (probably mostly dogs I don't think cats wear sweaters)?

I do have a chow chow, but you really shouldn't get anything for him. He is very picky about things he eats and toys he plays with. He would be so mad at me if I tried to put a sweater on him, he's always hot because of all the fur. I on the other hand would love anything related to the breed, ornaments, stickers, anything.

Would you like any baked good? What type of stuff do you like?

I like everything when it comes to baked goods. It's just that sending them via mail all the way from wherever my partner lives is probably going to be a bit tricky. Cookies or something else that doesn't mind being on the road for a week or so could work. Maybe even macarons, those are just heavenly.

Would you have any interest in a pony rehair as an extra? If so what are some colors you like and a few ponies (not super pricey please) that you might like a rehair of?

I have to say no. You see, I'm a bit picky when it comes to rehairs, and I like doing them myself, the way I want. Baits are welcomed though.

Would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?

Yeah, of course. No need to stress over something like that.

Would you like a pickle as an extra?  I mean an ornament pickle, not a real one.

Sure, and I would not mind real ones either, if you figure a way to send them to me  Generally speaking, all things traditional in other cultures are welcomed, just add a note explaining the back story, so I'm not left puzzled.

My hobbies:
Drawing, reading (mostly Agatha Christie and other mystery novels), baking and card-making. I also love to clean and restore ponies

Do you like ornaments that are hand-crafted or made of natural materials such as fabric, felt, wood ... etc.?

Yep, I do. I especially have a soft spot for fabric things because I cannot sew myself. But any materials are fine, plastic too.

Dear partner would you be ok if your box only contained 2 ornaments if they where expensive ones?

Sure.

So...could you elaborate on things you like.  For example, would you like things that are pretty but not themed?  Such as glass ornaments that are beautiful and neat shapes but otherwise aren't painted with specific pictures or anything?  Elegant simplicity?

Hmm, well generally yes, I do like simple and elegant. And those ornaments are very pretty.

Mince Pies?

I've never had any, but I would love to try.

would you rather have lovely extra's or over-budget but perfect ornaments?

No preference really, I'm happy with whatever my partner chooses.

Dear partner, if I find an ornament close to what you like, but is simple, would you like me to decorate/paint it so that it more closely matches your tastes? -  I am crafty and good with painting details.   

If you are crafty and have inspiration, then sure, I would love that. Just don't feel obligated. I do like to add ribbons and glitter and such to ornaments, to make simple things more festive, but then again I also like simple and clean.

How do you feel about plastic ornaments (or - basically non-breakable "glass" imitation ornaments)?

I'm fine with them as long as they are pretty and go with my list.

Examples
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:12:05 AM by Doedeardarling »

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2013, 03:17:08 AM »
Yay! I love ornaments!

My current ornaments are mostly traditional Christmas colors: bright red, green, white, gold, and silver. Anything glittery or sparkly is always lovely. I don't mind getting other colors too, especially bright cheerful colors.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

I celebrate Christmas, but I would not be opposed to an ornament representing any kind of religious winter holiday. I admire all the different winter holidays and think they all have their own beauty and wonderful history. If my partner celebrates a different winter holiday I would love to get an ornament representing their holiday or soemthing they do to celebrate it. I also would love any ornaments with Santa Claus or reindeer or any of that more "commercial" side of Christmas. :)

Pretty much anything! Reindeer are my favorite, I also love penguins, candy canes, snowflakes, anything wearing a santa hat. Ooh, a carousel ornament would be cool, or a pony themed ornament would be awesome too (My fave is G1 but I also like G3 and G4)! I love cats and pretty much all animals, so animal themed ornament would also be welcome (especially if they are wearing a santa or elf hat). I also love plants, and would love any winter plant themed ornaments like hollies, pine trees, and poinsettias. I love things that are homemade, especially when made out of paper, wood, or fabric (including felt), or other natural materials. I wouldn't mind a regular plastic round ornament that is gussied up if my partner needs something easy.

I have celiac so I cannot eat candy that has gluten in it (which is in wheat, barley, rye, malt, and oats). I love Dove dark chocolates, or any dark chocolate. Pretty much anything chocolate I will eat. I'm not a big fan of fruity chocolate, I do like toffee or caramel or peanuts or tiny bits of almonds in chocolate. I also like fruity chewies, like melon ring gummies or starburst or skittles or fruity mentos. I also like minty chocolate. Candy canes I love to get around the holidays, especially those peppermint tootsie roll pops. The caramel apple suckers are super yummy too.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

Whatever my partner wants to do I would be happy with.

I would prefer not to get glass ornaments since I have three little kids, a cat, and a dog that all like to break ornaments. ;) I also would prefer not to get ornaments that are heavy (like ceramic) because I get a real tree and heavy ornaments would have to be banished to the middle of the tree where the branch is thick enough to support it.

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

I collect G1, G3, & G4 ponies, G1 LPS, Ever After High dolls, I don't collect but love Disney Princesses, and would love any of those reflected in ornaments or extras. (I don't collect G2 LPS but their stickers and artwork are pretty cute).

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Other than breakability I don't think there are any issues with materials (unless you are making an ornament filled with gasoline or decorated with xacto blades, in which case I think the post office may have issues with that ;) )

Partner questions:

Would a made Garland count as ornaments too? I’ve been making a beaded garland and wondered if anyone liked them too?

I don't really use them on my tree, but I love the idea of putting them in the window! O think I would prefer an ornament over a garland for the swap tho, unless my partner made me a garland with ponies on it! :D

I would just like to know: What size is the tree that everyone has?

We always get a real tree, as big as we can afford which is usually about 6 or 7 feet. Someday I will have a house with a huge entryway and get one of those 30 feet Christmas trees! ;)

Would you like a pony ornament? If you would like one would you prefer a handmade one or a store bought one or does it matter?  If store bought would you mind a G4 one?

I would LOVE a pony ornament! Store bought or handmade, both would be loved. G1, G3, and G4 I all love.

When it comes to extra stuff would you prefer like candy and little trinkets or would you like a smaller ornament or tree decoration piece instead?

I’d be okay with candy or smaller ornaments/tree decoration pieces. The little trinkets not so much, although I do like keychains and stickers, and I wouldn’t mind getting dollymixes or petites as extras. I would love to get candy canes or peppermint candy as an extra!

Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite flavors? For Coffee - ground or whole bean? For Tea - bags or loose leaf?

I do not drink Coffee or real tea, but I do love herbal teas and hot cocoa! My favorite herbal tea is chamomile. I can do loose or bagged. I love all flavors of hot cocoa, minty flavors are my fave.

Partner, do you like advent calendars?

Yes, I LOVE them!

How would you feel about a Disney themed ornament?

I love Disney! Especially Mickey Mouse and friends I would love to have on my tree

Could you post a picture of your tree if you have one? Or some of the ornaments you have? For example...if you like disney ornaments, I want to make sure I don't get one you already have.

Most of my ornaments are plain circular ones. The few specialty ornaments I have are either handmade or from my childhood, so chances are whatever you get me will not be something I have. ;) I’ll see if I can find a pic of our tree last year, I know I took one with the kids in front.

Incense?  Yes or no? What sorts of scents do you like?

I’m not sure about incense, the only stuff I’ve smelled is the mall-type stuff and I really didn’t like it. I do love aromatherapy, but I try not to burn too many things since I have allergies and my son has asthma. Smelly things like the Scentsy stuff or candles I love, especially winter holiday scents or fruity scents.

Who is your favorite pony?

I had to answer this question for another swap and it was hard to choose! I have a lot of favorites, really.
However, I do adore all of the babies, especially the newborn babies, they are my Achilles heel. I also like all the Sparkle ponies, Twilight probably being my favorite of those. I also like all the rainbow ponies, and all the twinkle eye ponies. Cotton Candy is a favorite too. Of the G4s, AJ is my favorite.

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories that you wouldn't mind receiving?

Yes, I love little MLP accessories and such! Any baby accessory, I’m nuts about those! Pretty much any piece of ponywear, even just shoes (and that goes for G3 and G1). The little accessories that come with the G4 sets and singles are adorable, especially the little dishes and suitcases and stuff. Homemade accessories I’d happily take as well!

Which Christmas-related extras would you like to receive? (Snowglobes, crafts supplies, cards ...whatever comes to your mind!)

Craft supplies, yes! I can never have enough felt or embroidery thread. Rhinestones and cute buttons are always fun to get. I love snowglobes but they tend to get broken in my house. Stickers are always good! Gift tags are fun! I like pretty much anything Christmasy.

I would love pretty much any animal on an ornament, especially if they had a santa or elf hat on! Cats are my all time fave, I also love dogs, rabbits, birds, penguins, reindeer (I love reindeer for Christmas!), polar bears, brown bears, jaguars, foxes, goats, chickens, horses, pigs, cows… I could go on but I guess I’ll stop there. :)

YAY or NAY to ones that have past years on them?

I’m not a huge fan of ornaments that have years on them but I wouldn’t mind a cool older one with a past year on it, especially if it was a vintage pony one!

Are you okay with spiders?

Not a big fan of spiders but a cute sparkly one I’d be okay with, especially after reading that cute story.

Yes! And I love them all and wouldn’t give them up even for ponies! :D
I’ve got a 6 year old son, an almost 5 year old daughter, an almost 2 year old daughter, and a 15 week prego belly (don’t know for sure if it’s a boy or girl yet). All of them love ponies (hee hee), especially my son (much to the shame of my hubby and my own delight). His favorite character is Rainbow Dash, and my almost 5 year old’s favorite character is Twilight. My almost 2 year old likes G1s more than the new G4s, especially the big brothers (she has good taste). Any of them would love to get coloring books, stickers, or anything similar.

Do you collect MH? If you do are there any MH items you're looking for (cheap enough to be an extra maybe?) or do you like handmade clothing? This can also go for the pony people would you like some holiday pony wear?

Yes, I do collect MH! I would take any shoes, jewelery, or clothing, I am obsessed with doll clothing and accessories. I also would love anything handmade! That goes for ponywear too! Especially if it’s something for the holidays!

1) Do you have kids? If so what ages? Do they have any specific interests ect? Would you like some sort of piece reflecting your kids (and if you do maybe a little info about them so I can look)

See above for kiddo info. They all like ponies. My daughters both also like Monster High and Barbie. I’m not quite sure what a piece reflecting them would mean… And my hubby’s not comfortable with me sharing pics or their names on the web very much, so better pass on that one.  However I can add that my son LOVES numbers and math, my daughter loves princesses and fashion, and my youngest daughter is the family comic. ;)

Do your kids like ponies? If so which ones and if you got lots of kids oh goodness.

Yes they do! They mostly watch the G4 FiM show and love that. (see above) my youngest prefers to play with G1s. They don’t have too many ponies of their own, I mostly let them play with mine (with supervision :lol: ). My daughter does have two G4, Cherry Berry and unicorn Twilight. My youngest also loves any kind of plushies/softie/anything soft and squishy.

Do you have pets?  (Info about your pets please if you feel like sharing) Would you like little treats or things for your pets? What do they like?  Oh how big are they? Would you like a little sweater or something (probably mostly dogs I don't think cats wear sweaters)?

Yes I have several pets! I have one cat who is very old and pretty cranky to anyone but me. I also have a sheltie who is on the older side too, but very sweet. He has pretty fluffy fur and does not really look good in a sweater (I have tried…). He would be a pretty good sport about wearing a hat, though, and he looks adorable in bandanas. I also have two gerbils (not much you can do there, they would eat any clothing before they wore it), and a small flock on chickens. I would love to have a pair of pygmy goats, in which case they would look ADORABLE in little sweaters, but alas, I have not brought the hubby to the point of accepting those…yet.

I do love baked goods, but I am allergic to gluten and so cannot have anything made with wheat, barley, rye, malt, or oats (unless they are specifically processes gluten free, like Bob’s Red Mill has). I love cookies! I could eat cookies all day long. I also love cake, but I think that would be pretty hard to mail. ;)

Would you have any interest in a pony rehair as an extra? If so what are some colors you like and a few ponies (not super pricey please) that you might like a rehair of?

Absolutely! Pretty much any G1 with an alternate rehair would be cool! Or any of the ponies on my wishlist (in my siggy) rehaired I would love. I love babies very much, so they would be fun to get rehaired or alternate rehaired! I have several but it would take too long to list the ones I’m missing I can never have too many!
Partner, would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?

Absolutely!

Would you like a pickle as an extra?  I mean an ornament pickle, not a real one.

Sure! I think the pickle tradition is pretty funny and interesting, I wouldn’t mind adding one to my tree!

I have a question for the group:  What are your hobbies?  Be it one or many, perhaps a gift could help you out with your passion!  (I guess this would go along with the theme aspect, but it doesn't have to.)  Such hobby related presents I'm talking about are  seeds for those who garden, scrapbooking supplies for those who scrapbook, baking stuff for those who bake, etc.

I love to sew the most! People clothing, doll clothing, and ponywear mostly, but I’m also getting into plushies. Fun buttons, tiny doll notions, fabrics with tiny prints for doll clothes are always welcome. I can never have enough felt, I love felt, every single color!
I also like to scrapbook and papercraft, but don’t have as much time for that lately. I wouldn’t mind getting stickers, die cuts, or other such paper crafty stuff. Sticky backed rhinestones are always a favorite of mine. :D
I also love to garden, I would love any fun flower or veggie seeds that grow in zone 8.
I am a newbie to pony and doll customizing, I would love to receive any color of hair for rehairing, I would love to increase my hair stash. Or other customization goodies would be welcome too!

Do you like ornaments that are hand-crafted or made of natural materials such as fabric, felt, wood ... etc.?

I LOVE these kinds of ornaments!

Dear partner would you be ok if your box only contained 2 ornaments if they where exspensive ones? off course there will be extras and such its just ive seen some beautiful ones that I think you would love but they are pricy lol

Sure! I am totally good with whatever my partner wants to do!

So...could you elaborate on things you like.  For example, would you like things that are pretty but not themed?  Such as glass ornaments that are beautiful and neat shapes but otherwise aren't painted with specific pictures or anything?  Elegant simplicity?   This sort of thing:

Those glass ornaments are gorgeous, but unfortunately my kiddos would break those in a heartbeat. The style is very pretty though! If you found them in a shatterproof form I would take them in a heartbeat! Anything that’s shiny or sparkly I love! :D

How do you feel about plastic ornaments (or - basically non-breakable "glass" imitation ornaments)?

These are what I use on my tree! I have three kids and a cat so all my ornaments are the “shatter proof” kind. I have gotten some of the regular round imitation glass ornaments at Target that I love, some are covered in glitter and some are shiny like a glass ornament. I’m not too picky I think. Although I have quite a few of those regular round ones already, so probably special ones my partner picks out I would like the best. I don’t have any of the funky shaped ornaments, like teardrop shapes or the funky “reverse hourglass” shape (I’m sure that’s not the proper word for it) so I would love any of those! (especially if they are glittery, shiny, or metallicy!)

Partner, if you could pick one ornament that you've seen in store/online to receive in this swap box, which would it be?

This is a toughie, I’m pretty easy going and would love anything my partner gives me. I love felt birds, I could never have too many of those on my tree (I only have one now anyway :P )! I also would love a pony ornament of pretty much any kind, since I don’t really have any of those. The new G4 ones are pretty cute.

Have you ever eaten one of those mini fruit mince pies?

No, but if my partner made/found some gluten free ones I’d be willing to try!

Dear partner, if I find an ornament close to what you like, but is simple, would you like me to decorate/paint it so that it more closely matches your tastes? -  I am crafty and good with painting details.

Absolutely!

I think it would depend on the ornament and the extras. ;) If you’re talking baby pony accessories as extras, I may jump on taking those instead of an over the top ornament. But a super lovely ornament would be just as welcome as extras. I’d be okay with whatever way my partner feels inclined to go on that.

Also, dear partner, do you have pierced ears and do you have metal sensitivities?

I do have pierced ears, but I do have some metal sensitivities. I think it’s just the “cheap” metals my ears have a problem with. Most earrings I can wear just fine. They are the one piece of jewelry I wear regularly!

For those who are gluten free, can you post some favorite treats and goodies that fall into that category?

You may not want to get me started on this one. ;)

Glutino makes some yummy treats, like their chocolate or yogurt covered pretzels, wafer cookies, “oreo” cookies. Pamela’s makes super yummy cookies, I LOVE their pecan shortbread cookies! I think it’s Safeway that makes some really tasty flourless chocolate cookies that are SO delicious! Annie’s make some yummy chocolate and vanilla bunny cookies (similar to Teddy Grahams). Caramel corn is one of my favorite treats and as long as they didn't add wheat or malt to the caramel for some strange reason is gluten free!

Udi's makes really tasty chocolate and lemon strussel muffins, which for me are a treat!

If you are up for a little easy baking I can give some more suggestions.

One of my favorite treats my mom always made at Christmastime are pretzels (Glutino’s gluten free ones are super delish!) with a rolo on top and you stick them in the oven for just a few minutes so the rolo gets soft, then you smush half a walnut on top and let them cool. It is a super simple treat but so yummy!

http://www.cookingbythebook.com/recipes/glutenfree-lace-cookies/
This is a link to gluten free lace cookies, I made these recently and they were simple and SO delicious. They reminded me a lot of caramel popcorn. She sandwiches two of these cookies together with chocolate, which is also delicious, but we ended up eating them all just plain cookies! ;)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies-recipe/index.html
These are some flourless peanut butter cookies that are super simple to make. I make these with my kids a lot. We have given them to teachers and friends and they all tell me they are the best peanut butter cookies they have ever had.

I'll have to dig around and see if I can find links to more recipes.

New question: Do you like Santa Claus merchandise?

Yes I do! I love Santa and his reindeer and elves and all that fun stuff! I would not mind getting merchandise that is Santa Claus-y

Fuzzy Socks? Would you maybe like a pair as an extra? (Holiday themed?) If so, what size are your feet?

I love fuzzy socks! I just wear them around the house, but I do wear them a lot because I have all hardwood floors and my feet have no warmth retaining feature. The floors get cold in the winter!! They had some adorable fuzzy holiday socks in the dollar bin at Target. My shoe size is a 6 (I have fairly tiny feet). I wouldn't mind getting some that are bigger so I can turn them into doll or pony sweaters. :D

Do you like stickers? If so what types, themes, etc?

Yes I love stickers! Especially pony stickers, but I also love animal or Disney or anything cute. :D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:27:24 AM by Katgyrl »

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »
Yay!  Approved! :hearts:  I'm so looking forward to this!

My favourite colours for the holiday season are light blue, bright blue (like my deflocked-Ribbon avatar blue), lavender, white, and silver.  It makes me think of a crisp, quiet winter morning. ^.^  Sparklies too... first, 'cause you can never have enough sparklies!  But also because it makes me think of sunlight on new snow.  We always called it diamond snow when it glittered so. :snow:

Oooo... I don't want to tread on anypony's toes, but I'd really prefer not to receive overtly religious ornaments.  We try to keep the winter holidays wintry, since my family follows a variety of different religious paths, and keeping it sort of neutral tends to keep everyone, er, calm.  Santa and reindeer and things like that are fine, though - my son's still a believer in the Jolly Old Elf. ^.^

Reindeer are a definite theme here, along with snowflakes and winter animals.  We also decorate with cartoon characters, some reflecting my son's preferences as he's grown, and some that I adore.  Right now, that means Mario/Pokémon, and ponies of all gens. :biggrin:

I love chocolate + raspberry/orange/lemon/mint, as well as Sour Patch Kids and Allan's Misty Mints.  My all-time favourite sweets are Parma Violets, and British Smarties.  Oh yeah - and candy cane sticks at this time of year!  But I'm pretty easy for sweets - about the only ones I don't like are dark-chocolate-based ones, and sticky toffee.

Hmmm... hard to say for sure.  I'd tend to say something in between - I buy pricey ornaments as easily as I buy el cheapo ones, depends entirely on if they make me smile. ^.^

I'm not really a fan of glass ornaments; I have a few, and while they're lovely, I've shied away from them in large part.  I'm a huge klutz, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me.  Plus, postal service... :yikes:

I collect ponies of all gens (including the much-maligned G3.5!) but especially G1 and G2.  I also collect unicorns and pegasi of various sorts, Filly Princesses, and Calico Critters.  I don't specifically collect but like Japanese stationery and sticker flakes, vintage or vintage-style stickers (à la Sandylion/Hambly Studios), Gachapon toys, and rainbows.  I'd be delighted with either ornaments or extras reflecting these, though it's definitely not necessary. ^.^

The only thing I could find after a quick search of Canada Custom's website was a reference to no coniferous foliage/green cones.  I don't know if that'd apply, but just figured I'd mention it.

ETA:  Good gravy... so many extra questions!  Here you go! ^.^

Spoiler
Would a made Garland count as ornaments too?
Sure!  I've never had much garland on the tree - it's usually too laden with ornaments and other embellishments - but I'd find a place to hang it, that's for sure! ^.^  Like holiday bunting on a window valance, or something. :xmas:

I would just like to know: What size is the tree that everyone has?
My main tree's a big'un, probably about eight feet.  I have a mini one in my son's room, too - sits on his bureau and displays lots of those bitsy wooden ornaments you often find in multipacks... like these:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(His tree's a standard artificial tree, mind you - we only have the ornaments.)

Omigosh, I'd love a pony ornament!  And handmade or storebought makes no nevermind to me - and G4 is fine by us. ^.^  (Dashie's my son's favourite! ^.^ )

Whatever you'd like!  I love surprises, so pretty much anything will be dandy. ^.^

Coffee, Tea or Cocoa? Do you have a preference? Favorite flavors? For Coffee - ground or whole bean? For Tea - bags or loose leaf?
Tea, please!  I love peppermint, chamomile, and Moroccan-style mint green tea especially at the moment, but any kind is yum (except the chai family, if you don't mind :blush:).  Cocoa is good too, as I can share it with my little guy. ^.^

Partner, do you like advent calendars?
You betcha! ^.^  My son and I always do the chocolate ones (found him a Madagascar 3 one this year) in addition to the mega one I do for him.  I scrounge a box that's as big as he is, wrap it in holiday paper, and attach 24 wrapped five-and-dime style trinkets to it... it's been a hit since he was five!  My little guy's developed a huge social conscience, so last year we started a "give a little, get a little" theme to it.  Each day, he gets to pick one trinket, but also a scroll from a little basket attached to it - the scroll informs him of one small donation I've made in his name to one of a variety of charitable organizations he admires. :xmas:  I think he enjoyed the giving scrolls as much as he enjoyed the gifts... except maybe the Mentos. ;)

How would you feel about a Disney themed ornament?
Definite yay by me!  I love me my Disney movies, and I think Tangled's pretty high on my list of all-time favourites of all kinds of movies.  And Disney's Robin Hood (with the foxes) has always been :heart:.

Could you post a picture of your tree if you have one? Or some of the ornaments you have? For example...if you like disney ornaments, I want to make sure I don't get one you already have.
Not going to be easy – we don’t usually photograph our tree.  Most of the pics I have in my album are from holidays spent with my son’s grandparents… :huh:  I may be able to yank the teeny one out of storage and take a mockup shot, but the big kahuna is dormant until December.  Ornaments I already have… I might be able to do that, too.  I will try! ^.^

Incense?  Yes or no? What sorts of scents do you like?
Hmmm… not really, no.  I don’t mind it, I just don’t use it much at all anymore.  I love scented things, though – I love holiday scents at this time of year (cinnamon, mint, apple spice, etc.) but my year-round favourites are citrusy and light floral (if anypony knows The Healing Garden’s green tea therapy scent, that’s my signature scent!).

Who is your favorite pony?
G1 Minty, Medley, Ribbon, and Merry Treats.  I’m also finding myself increasingly partial to G2s lately, though I haven’t narrowed it down to one particular favourite, as they’re all so pretty! :lovey:

I’m sorry to say, I’m not much of an accessories kind of collector... but baby accessories would be delightful (except for the nappies, perhaps ;) ).

I would really, really love Christmassy earrings. :blush:  You know that relative who always dresses up in full holiday fig at family gatherings?  Yeah, that’s me. :lol:  Seriously, though… I have a growing assortment of beautiful earbobs that I only wear this time of year, and I’d be over the moon to add to it! ^.^

I love ponies (no!), horses, unicorns, pegasi, deer, foxes, and dragons.  And I’d love any of them as ornaments!  What a great idea, too… ^.^

YAY or NAY to ones that have past years on them?? Say I find one that fits your wishlist BUT it say 1985 or 1998 on it??
Absolutely YAY!  I didn’t get to get the baby’s first/second/third Christmas ornaments by Hallmark when my son was very small, so when I got into online shopping, they were some of the first things I bought.  Besides, a year’s only a number anyway. :P

Are you okay with spiders as ornaments?
Hmm.  I know that there’s a legend of a Christmas spider, something to do with the tinsel on a tree… I guess it’d depend.  If it’s a glittery, Christmassy looking spider, sure!  If it’s dark and hairy and resembles a Hallowe’en-y tarantula… not so much, I’m afraid. :sheepish:

Yes indeed!  My amazing wunderkind is ten. :heart:  He's my reason for being, and I love him to bits! :tackleglomp:

I’m not a MH collector, alas.  Not much into dolls and no room to put them even if I was, but I like to keep an eye on them (and Ever After High) in the shops, ‘cause they’re so pretty. ^.^
I’m also not hugely into ponywear, but thanks for asking. ^.^

Do you have kids? If so what ages? Do they have any specific interests ect? Would you like some sort of piece reflecting your kids (and if you do maybe a little info about them so I can look)?
Yep!  I have one fantastical little wunderkind of ten, he’s a total intellectual and hugely into Mario, Pokémon, Kirby, and Mega Man games.  He’s also the kind of kid who reads grownups’ maths books for fun. :rolleyes:  Don’t know how that happened, 'cause that's so not me!  Partner, you can certainly make/buy a piece reflecting my little guy, but please don’t feel obliged. :hug:  He’ll be happy if there’s anything edible to be shared! :lol:

Do your kids like ponies? If so which ones and if you got lots of kids oh goodness. :lol:
My son does indeed like ponies!  He likes all gens, knows them almost as well as I do, and his current favourite is G4 Rainbow Dash.  He’s bugging me right now to do my (our?) first custom together, based off a conversation about Mega Man robot masters we had a few nights ago.  You may very well meet him on the Arena on his own username in a few years, if this keeps up! :blink:

Nope, no pets at the moment. :(  Though I’m considering adopting a kitten next year, after my son’s had his surgery and all that’s done and over with… that’s still only in the planning stages.

Baked goods are wonderful!  But I’m always super-leery of sending stuff like that through the post… though if you have a favourite recipe, please share!!  I promise I’ll reciprocate with my holiday favourite from my great-aunt’s stash of super-yum recipes (and I think it could even be tweaked to be gluten-free… I’m slated to give that a try this holiday, to bake a batch for my friend with celiac and see how it goes…). :xmas:

(If you’re not my partner but just happen to be reading my answers :whistle: and would like a copy, feel free to pm me! :heart:  I love swapping recipes!)

Wow, what a lovely idea!  I’d be delighted with a pony rehair as an extra!  Any pony would be dandy, especially if she was glitzed up for the holiday season!  As for colours, my favourites are pretty much the same as my holiday colours (blues, purples, silvers and white).  Now I’m asking myself how come Glory isn’t higher on my favourite pony list… :brow:  But I digress.  Any rehaired pony would be lovely. ^.^

would you be okay with all or most of your ornaments being from the same "like"? For example, say you like a certain movie, tv show, animal, design, etc. would you be okay with your box being themed around that?
Sure!  My likes are pretty diverse, but if you totally get on a roll with one of them, I'm all for it. ^.^

About the pickle:  Would you like a pickle as an extra?  I mean an ornament pickle, not a real one.

We do the Christmas pickle... though with only one child in the house, it's really just for the fun of watching my son hunt like mad. ^.^  So no worries about tracking down a pickle, partner mine.

My hobbies:

Spending time with my son! ^.^
Reading (history, historical fiction, young adult fiction - especially all the dystopian stuff, very neat - and high fantasy)
Hiking
Gardening (indoors, this time of year... :snow: )
Video games (totally into Pokémon X and Y up here)

You betcha!  I love all sorts of natural materials in general (especially for my jewellery), and particularly buri ornaments, and the sorts of ornaments that Dix Mille Villages stocks. :heart:

Dear partner would you be ok if your box only contained 2 ornaments if they where exspensive ones?

I'll be happy with whatever you choose to send me, mystery partner. ^.^  It's not the quantity nor the price tag, after all... it's the thought behind them that counts. :hug:

(And @ Marigold:  On the off chance that you're my partner, those glass ornaments you posted photos of are so beautiful!  I'd hang them in my window year-round. ^.^  They'd probably catch the sunlight and make rainbows all over the walls, too...)

I'm delighted with them!  Sugar = klutz, so, yeah.  Very good idea. ^.^

Partner, if you could pick one ornament that you've seen in store/online to receive in this swap box, which would it be?

Aw... it's actually one I used to have but lost in a move long ago...

But please don't feel obliged. ^.^

Have you ever eaten one of those mini fruit mince pies?

Nope... but I'm one of those fruitcakes who loves fruitcake, so I'd probably like fruit mince pies, too. :xmas:

If you'd like to, sure!  But again, please don't feel obliged. ^.^  Simple is good, too!

I'm happy either way! ^.^  Whatever works best for you, partner (and please don't break your budget on me :sheepish: ).

Also, dear partner, do you have pierced ears and do you have metal sensitivities?

Ooo, good question!  Yes I do have pierced ears - two in each ear - and while I'm not sensitive to any metals, wood-post earrings make me itch. :huh:  And I love earrings, especially now that I have super-short hair and can show them off.  And this time of year, anything holiday-themed or laden with jingle bells is on the bill of fare. :xmas:

For those who are gluten free, can you post some favorite treats and goodies that fall into that category? 
n/a (but I'm keeping an eye on the replies, since one of my friends at work has celiac and I'd love some ideas for holiday noms to surprise her with)

New question: Do you like Santa Claus? 
You betcha!  I'm delighted that my son still believes in the jolly old elf, and if I confess the secret innermost heart of hearts of mine, I think some part of me does, too. :blush:

Fuzzy Socks? Would you maybe like a pair as an extra? (Holiday themed?) If so, what size are your feet?  Yes, indeed!  I'm in the sock swap, but one can never have too many pairs of fuzzy holiday socks.  Or glittery holiday socks.  Or fuzzy, glittery, singing holiday socks. :socks:  My feet are a ladies' size 10, so a 9-11 would do fine. ^.^

b]Do you like stickers? If so what types, themes, etc?[/b]

Good golly, yes!  I love stickers, am not hard to please really.  I always appreciate pony stickers, of course, any sort of cute or kawaii critters, unicorns, pegasi, etc., and any sort of Japanese sticker flakes or sticker sheets.  I also newly adore Chopstixers, which are just to-die-for cute.  (If you haven't seen them, head on over to Fashion Angels and prepare to squee: http://www.fashionangels.com/Liquid-Critter-Houses-Chopstixers-P625.aspx )  I have a small collection of old Sandylion, Illuminations, and Hambly Studios stickers, mostly with unicorns, though those are purely nostalgia. :blush:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:50:53 AM by Sugar »

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: 2013 Ornament Swap **Sign ups open**
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »
I'm so happy everyone is so excited.  I may have started shopping already, though I admit to nothing.  Haha.

Only one new sign up today.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 11:14:33 AM »
Yay for lots of participants!! I'm totally itching to start shopping xD. Lol. I've seen so many ornaments out this year already! Lots of great selection :)

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »
Looking forward to joining in next year! I am too new to meet the criteria for this one sadly, but will watch and live vicariously!

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 01:23:36 PM »
Think I'm just going to watch this one. :P  I've got two trees plus worth of ornaments. Which is enough for any person, really. ^.^
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2013, 11:57:31 AM »
I swear I'm going to fill out my form! AHH.. life keeps interrupting!

I found some cute wrapping for whatever I buy today though! :D

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »
PMing you about joining
Crossing my fingers I can Join  :blush:
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2013, 12:36:15 PM »
OMG Sugar!  :water:

How annoying! I filled out the whole thing and accidentally shut down my computer with saving it or posting it. -_-

Formerly Maddie

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 12:39:39 PM »
lol, that sounds like something I'd do, Maddie.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2013, 12:47:33 PM »
Lol that's just my weird goofyness I guess. Here we go though!

It really depends on my mood. My favorite colors are dark forest green and dark purple

That being said I do like something like pretty light pastel colors, or bright rainbows (I mean come on I collect rainbow ponies).

Yes, please nothing religious whatsoever...at all. I mean not even an angel. Thanks

I typically collect Alice in Wonderland ornaments (I'll make a list/pictures of what I do have) and Gone with the Wind. Sometimes those are pricey, so I also like: Dog ornaments (I have a Schnauzer and a black poodle. The poodle is my baby), unicorns, horse ornaments (I ride western and we bred paints). I'm also an English teacher (or was now just subbing), so I do like teacher ornaments or book type ones ect.

My partner last year was so creative and found me a cute mushroom ornament and a big watch. They were not even like "made to be Alice ornaments", but they fit the story and my theme and look lovely on my tree. <3

I actually cannot really eat candy anymore. A nice granola bar or something would be nice. If you send candy just realize my wife will eat most of it since I cannot. :lol:

I typically buy Hallmark ornaments (again those are pricey not asking for one just giving you an idea what I buy), so I would like maybe one big nice one or a medium ish one. Honestly I'm sure I'll love whatever I get.

It depends. I do have some glass Alice and Gone with the Wind ornaments. I don't mind them, but I usually get the ones that are heavier glass and not a thin glass ball for example. My dogs run under the tree and sometimes things get crazy.

I collect books, Alice in Wonderland, Gone with the Wind, model horses, ponies (of course) and owls. I wouldn't mind them in my box as extras or ornament pieces.

hmmm not that I know of.

Formerly Maddie

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2013, 02:00:54 AM »
Sent my application in. :cheer:

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2013, 02:58:47 AM »
17 participants as of this morning.  Yay!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal