collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Custom Pony Tumblr - Seeking submissions  (Read 555 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
My Little Custom Pony Tumblr - Seeking submissions
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:18 AM »
The banner in my signature will take you to my tumblr. I use this tumblr as my main way of selling my customs and getting commissions. I post works in progress as well as finished works, when I have them. When I don't have them, I keep a queue filled with custom ponies I find all over the internet. I'm careful to link back to the original source when possible. If anyone here has checked out my tumblr, you may have recognized ponies of yours, or ponies of others from the forums. I found those ponies through Deviant Art, and used only the ones who had tumblr sharing enabled.

If you would like to submit a custom to be added to the queue, or even submit an add for your customizing services, I really encourage people to go to my tumblr, and check out the link on the right that says "Submit a Custom Of the Week". If I get a lot of submissions, I will post them more than once a week! For your convenience here is a link straight to submissions!

Be sure to include important info like prices and how people can contact you for commissions, if you like. If you just want to show off something you are proud of, that's cool too!

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: My Little Custom Pony Tumblr - Seeking submissions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 03:08:36 AM »
Yay! CoinoperatedGirl Submitted a beautiful pony to my tumblr and it has debuted tonight!

If anyone else feels like showing off their ponies please feel free. If your lookin for commissions, this isn't a half bad way to attract customers. My tumblr is tiny compared to most Internet blogs, but it has 145 tumblr followers and averages about (actually ill fill the numbers in when I get home. I can't remember now!) I'm just looking to point out that it's a decent sized crowd for a targeted audience. And I'd be happy to display your commission ads or customs or whatever.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 03:20:40 AM »
Not to be rude, but I just wanted to point out that saying its for "Bronies Everywhere" really does not encourage me to follow/submit/etc. I am not a brony and do not wish to identify as one/be called one. I know others feel similarly. If I were a customizer I wouldn't submit my stuff because I'm 1) not a brony and 2) wouldn't only work for bronies.

But judging by the :muffin: Pony post its geared towards bronies specifically anyways so its probably best I stay away regardless. Still figured it would be worth pointing out to you that saying its "for bronies" would alienate some.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 05:32:27 AM »
That's quite alright. It's a bit of an attempt on my part to capitalize on the popularity that the new cartoon has garnered, while showcasing older generation ponies as well in a positive light. There is a lot of hate for the older ponies (Hippopotamus Ponies anyone? Beaten House Wives?) and I feel that showing off the beautiful customs displays them in a brighter light and shows how loveable they are.

I can understand how people would not want to be associated with a fandom that appears to be populated mainly by guys. However, many girls I know prefer the term Brony to alternative fan names. And I prefer to try and perpetuate the idea that being a pony fan, a brony, is about more than only liking friendship is magic.

My outlook is not for everyone, but thank you for kindly sharing your view on the subject.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal