collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning Pearlized Ponies?  (Read 119 times)

Offline Amebaby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Cleaning Pearlized Ponies?
« on: July 17, 2022, 02:35:06 PM »
I have a pearlized baby firefly i got last year, she has a few surface marks, nothing serious and on any other pony wouldn’t be an issue for a magic eraser

but is it safe to use a magic eraser on pearlized ponies? i want to be absolutely careful with her and i can’t find any guides on cleaning them anywhere, can someone help?

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning Pearlized Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 04:00:54 PM »
I’ve never used a Magic Eraser on a pearlized pony, but I probably wouldn’t try it.  Even if it doesn’t remove much of the paint, it’ll probably dull it, even with a light touch.  I’ve cleaned mine with my bare hands and some dish soap, and the results were very good. If you’re dealing with just regular surface dirt, you can probably get decent results without the magic eraser.  If you need a bit more scrubbing power than your bare hands can provide, try using a paper towel with some dishsoap on it.

Offline chichiri_chan

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning Pearlized Ponies?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 02:17:17 PM »
I got a Pretty and Pearly Baby Sea Shimmer that I cleaned with Magic Eraser once... She went from pristine pearlize to spotty pearlize.  :cry:

She only had mild surface dirt when I cleaned her, so the damage was absolutely not worth it.
If I could go back in time, I'd tell myself to gently wipe her down with a microfiber cloth or something. Maybe.

On the other hand, I have a Beautiful Bows that desperately needs to be cleaned.
So I'd love to know if there is a safe way to give a pearlized pony a "deep" clean.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal