collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kids playing with your ponies  (Read 5791 times)

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
Re: Kids playing with your ponies
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 07:49:57 AM »
kids activate my germophobic side. I can't stand to handle anything that kids have touched with my bare hands. Or eat anything kids touched or helped make. I'd have to scrub the heck out of my ponies with bleach if kids got their hands on them, before I'd be comfortable touching them again
there are hardly ever kids in my house, and when they do come by I lock the door to the room where all my toy collections are. I hope I'm not coming off as mean tho, I do have some fakies and doubles of ponies I leave out for the kids to play with when they visit. I like kids ok, as long as they don't touch me, or any of my things.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 08:07:44 AM »
I'm just not a big fan of children.  My uncles kids love mlp and I have thought about bring over some pony's but I'd be so paranoid they'd damage them. 

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 09:21:45 AM »
I actually have 2 sets of G1s.  As I get upgrades for my originals, I set the originals aside.  My most loved ponies from my childhood collection are far from minty.  They've been all over the place and were very well loved over the years.  Those are the ones that I don't mind people playing with.  I've got some thrifted G3s as well, since most of mine stayed MIB.  My cousin's kids have destroyed/lost enough G1 stuff (like almost ALL my newborn accessories, and some of my german baby ponies), that I keep the rest off limits.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »
I wouldn't mind after all the ponies were made for kids not adults to stash away. :lol:  That being said not the wingers though simply because the wings are so delicate, but the other ponies eh go for it.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

GoodyGumdrop

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 09:33:16 AM »
I don't allow children to play with my collection, period. I do keep a few doubles and baits though specifically for visiting children to play with, and the collection stays in a seperate room behind a locked door. If I had any children myself I'd probably end up  buying doubles of toys: one set for my collection, another set for the kids to destroy...errr, play with.

I have  ponies from my original childhood G1 collection that are still in excellent shape, so the thought of small children destroying them horrifies me. My husband has many of his original childhood Transformers as well (which are way more delicate that ponies) and he feels the same way.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »
My kids are older now, so they are allowed to play with all my ponies, including G1s. They like setting them up in the playsets with all their accessories.

So anyone who ever buys my ponies, my kids have handled them at some point. :P
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 09:59:53 AM »
I have my ponies and my 3yo has her ponies, so we play with her ponies and look at mine. She likes to count mine and have me tell her their names. When she gets a little older, we might play with mine, but we'll see. I do love to play ponies with her, though.

It's funny, though, I was in target the other day and the fs luna and celestia set was on sale. My girl LOVES luna and I wanted to get it for her, but I couldn't get them for her and not me, and I couldn't get them for me, but not her, and I couldn't get two sets, so  :(. Lol

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to play ponies with kids!!! Sadly I do not have enough in my collection to use for play, but if I ever get any baity/poor ponies, I would use them.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 11:00:54 AM »
So most of you know that I have 3 daughters who are all pony fanatics (even the baby!), and that I collect G4 ponies for them.  We have playtime where we will all sit with hair brushes and brush and style pony hair.  My middle daughter, Aria who is 6, is phenomenal when it comes to styling!!  I don't let them play with my wingers, save for this one time:

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Sokkis

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2012, 12:06:39 PM »
I'm not sure is it just me, but I don't think kids are that stupid/violent/messy as many thinks they are. :D
If I've said, that play CAREFULLY with mummy's toys, they mean a lot for mum, they get it. They play very nicely. I won't let them get scissors, pens or anything too creative near my ponies, that's the only thing I do. Otherwise I KNOW that they can play nicely with them. :)
Of course they are a bit rough what it comes with their OWN toys, but hey, boys are boys and many toys today are usually very poor in quality...

MimiTheMuse

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 01:34:29 PM »
Back when my cousin was just five years old, I have pictures of him being let loose in my doll/pony room and playing with my ponies and Bratz. My grandparents had come down from Ohio and brought Hunter with them because they were raising him, and they wouldn't have handled it well if I had denied him access. So I supervised very carefully and we did have fun, but I just about got an ulcer that day. >.<

However, next time I see Hunter I am definitely going to bring pictures of him playing with my ponies. He's 12 now. XD

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
My uncle's girlfriend's 8-year-old granddaughter comes over every now and then and when she does, we LOVE playing ponies together. It's so cute... the first things she goes for are the sea ponies and the "night" ponies that have celestial symbols like Glory or Moondancer.

Honestly, she's older and she's aware that they aren't her toys, so I trust her well enough to be careful with them. She's usually pretty gentle so I told her she's welcome to play with my toys as long as she's gentle with them, she puts them back, and she gets somebody tall to get the ones on the top shelf. (We almost had an accident last Easter.)

Oh, and I had a Lemon Drop in my purse that I let my mom's cousin's granddaughter play with when they came to visit. She was about two, but I wasn't really worried. The worst she did was mess up the hair, and really, it's just hair.

The way I see it, they are toys, so they can take quite a bit of play. Obviously I won't let kids get too rough with them because they are collectables, but it's not like I'm collecting antique glass figures.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
First of all, I really REALLY dislike kids. Second of all, NOONE ever gets near my stuff, specially ponies and stuff I adore and want to keep immaculately safe and sound. So yes, no kids will ever lay their eyes on my ponies, even. Which is great, because I don't intent on having kids either (my boyfriend agrees and loves the idea haha).

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »
My kids are older now, so they are allowed to play with all my ponies, including G1s. They like setting them up in the playsets with all their accessories.

So anyone who ever buys my ponies, my kids have handled them at some point. :P

May I borrow your children? They could tidy all those accessories for me :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »
I have a special bin of ponies that friends' kids can play with when they come over. Never my collection.  :lookround:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal