collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A question of timing?  (Read 890 times)

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
A question of timing?
« on: March 07, 2016, 11:44:32 AM »
I haven't had an issue with the post yet but I've a customer waiting on a pony that seems to have disappeared. Through the customs form I can see the last point it was scanned in the US.

My question: how long does it take to ship US to Germany?

Order date Feb 8, shipped same day, hit international customs point February 10. Nothing since and customer getting antsy.

I buy international quite a bit now and understand that it could be anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks on average but I don't think that they do. I gave them the customs form number and told them that it's likely okay but sometimes it's a little slow. That was last week. They're back questioning again and I don't know any more than they do at this time. I don't know what to tell them and am upset that they're not happy but there's literally nothing I can do at this time.  :cry:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A question of timing?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 01:26:56 PM »
I have sent internationally before, but not nearly as often as I have received items here(USA).  I generally consider after the 2 month mark to be the point when I think a package might not arrive.  I have had things take that long before.  It's sadly gotten more common since they started messing with the post office in this country.  I once bought two separate auctions from the same seller in Germany a week apart.  I won, paid for, and received the second auction a MONTH before the first auction straggled in - and they were sent from exactly the same seller and location, just a week apart.  Sometimes things just get caught up at the post office.  Just last week I had a package shipped from Chicago to California show up in Hawaii.  Stuff gets rerouted to the wrong place all the time.

Two months is on the late side of normal.  If you go beyond that, it could still arrive, but it's looking less likely with each passing week.  Though I have gotten an item that went beyond 3 months, so it's possible.  I'd tell the buyer that it could just be hung up in customs, and that I wouldn't start really worrying until it's been in transit for over 2 months.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:33:09 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 04:10:52 AM »
Two months is on the late side of normal.  If you go beyond that, it could still arrive, but it's looking less likely with each passing week.  Though I have gotten an item that went beyond 3 months, so it's possible.  I'd tell the buyer that it could just be hung up in customs, and that I wouldn't start really worrying until it's been in transit for over 2 months.

:nod:  I agree. The post is crazy slow and messed up at the moment wherever we live. I'm in the UK. A friend sent me a parcel from ..I dunno ..less than 2 hours drive away, 1st class. It usually gets here next day or day after. It showed up a week later along with something else I'd ordered for my kitty which was posted at the same time and by the same method. That's within the same country.
Add PO cut backs,  international destinations, customs, the refugee thing, and the dodgy weather into the mix and you could definitely end up with a very late parcel.  International  post -as you know- can be fast or reeeeeaaaally slow. Your buyer has proof that you posted. They also have plenty of time before they would have to think about opening a case for a missing item. I'd apologise again - its frustrating for both seller and buyer when the PO messes up- and encourage them to be patient for a bit longer. Let them know that the paypal deadline is much longer now (you can tell them know how long if you like, if you think they are itching to open a case- they may not know its been extended) and that its not unusual for mail to be delayed or for scans not to be done as often as they should. Its only been around 4 weeks. 6-8 weeks is slow but not that unusual  :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »
I have had a few international packages lately that have done the same thing, or they get to US customs but never say "enroute to destination country". If you sent the package with priority mail, or tracking you can call the 800 customer service number for international usps questions- it seems to help a lot! The first time I called was about a package that had been sitting in the wrong country for several weeks, within a week of the call it was back on track and delivered. The last 2 I called on took 2 days to reappear and get to their destination. It is not a claim, just an inquiry, and they simply email the last place it was scanned to see what happened  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal