collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shoe Custome Help - Non-MLP.  (Read 514 times)

UnicornCandy

• Trade Count: (0)
Shoe Custome Help - Non-MLP.
« on: March 22, 2014, 02:03:27 PM »
I'm in need of help.
Thing is. I can NEVER find a pair of NICE shoes, I like, that fit me!

So I've had it - I'm making my own!
I brought a white pair of converse shoes/sneakers/high tops and I want to paint them and add my own designs!

But I have no idea where to start with the painting! I've drew up my designs, etc.. but I have no idea WHAT paint to use - what are the best brands.

The background images are going to be a type of 'galaxy/starry/outer-space theme'
I'm looking at blues and purples.

* For this, I would need blendible paint.

The foreground, image details etc - I'm looking at pinks, greens, yellows etc.

* I would PREFER the paint not to be so blendible, due to wanting the foreground images to JUMP out in the crowd, to stand out from the background.

----
Has anyone ever customized their shoes before?
What paint did you use? -Brands, etc.
Images and examples?

Also, could anyone possibly tell me where to buy these? I live in the UK, so an online site would be BRILLIANT!, even if it has to be eBay! :D

Many thanks in advance!

[moving to A&C - kkat]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:06:27 PM by kaoskat »

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Shoe Custome Help - Non-MLP.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 03:38:59 AM »
I'm not of much help here unfortunately, but I think most people just use acrylic paints (as far as brand goes, I have no idea, sorry!). There should be fabric pens and paints available too (Faber Castell, for example) that some people use for their custom shoes, and I've even seen markers, coloured pencils and watercolours used. Maybe some of those would work for the blended look of the BG, and acrylic paints for the foreground details? Just a suggestion, I don't really know anything about painting shoes... I hope someone more knowledgeable will be able to help you out! In the meanwhile, I found one tutorial on dA that may offer at least a starting point: http://fav.me/d1g5aq8

Good luck! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

UnicornCandy

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 08:05:03 AM »
Thank you very much :D x

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »
acrylic paint for the background will work and you can blend it :--) then you can let the background dry, and then when you paint the foreground it won't blend into the background.
If you can't/don't want to do the lines with a paintbrush cause it can be kind of hard to get it even/smooth, you can find paint markers :3
Afterwards you'll need to seal it with something!!
as for specific brands of paint.. I only know what you can find in the US :/ but you should be able to find cheap acrylic paint that will work fine.

UnicornCandy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 06:13:32 PM »
acrylic paint for the background will work and you can blend it :--) then you can let the background dry, and then when you paint the foreground it won't blend into the background.
If you can't/don't want to do the lines with a paintbrush cause it can be kind of hard to get it even/smooth, you can find paint markers :3
Afterwards you'll need to seal it with something!!
as for specific brands of paint.. I only know what you can find in the US :/ but you should be able to find cheap acrylic paint that will work fine.

Thank you so much. This helped quite alot. I think I will acutally go with this, because it sounds simple!
I've chosen my background. My only concern is really - I really want the images to stand out from the background. ): Eh!  I'll sort it out when it comes to it!

Again, thank you! :) x

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 12:16:04 AM »
Idea! Maybe do something like this.. I'll use my own art as an example lol..
http://daintysweetheart.deviantart.com/art/Jenny-401091389
where there's a colored border outside the lineart.. it could be white or a bright color or something, to help make the images stand out from the background :3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal