collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 27597 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2023, 04:25:29 AM »
Oh, that’s a bummer about Hungry Root’s prices BC! I used them for a while, but I don’t think I was paying quite that much. I want to say I was paying $70 per week?

May I ask why you stopped? Was it the price or food quality or something?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 20, 2023, 01:02:05 AM »
Oh, that’s a bummer about Hungry Root’s prices BC! I used them for a while, but I don’t think I was paying quite that much. I want to say I was paying $70 per week?

May I ask why you stopped? Was it the price or food quality or something?

It was price more than anything for me. The quality of the food was really good and I thought they had a really good variety of recipes each week. They also packed the food well, I never had issues with the food being warm even here in AZ. The thing that finally got to me though was they send you full size groceries, but not a lot of fresh foods. So I’d have TONS of left over buns, bread, and other shelf stable stuff with nothing to supplement them with. I ended feeling like I was spending even more money than necessary by going to the store to buy some deli meats or whatever to make something with that bread. Ultimately I feel like Hungry Root was a good starting point for me to learn how to cook healthy, but now that I have a pretty good idea of how to do that, it’s cheaper for me to just buy ingredients in bulk and meal prep.

One of my neighbors complimented my weight loss today! He said he always sees me out walking and it’s really paying off. :) I don’t see him around all that often, so I was surprised he knew I’ve been trying to lose.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2023, 04:24:55 AM »
Thanks! Yeah, I like cooking and can follow recipes and stuff, so I think I'll pass on any meal prep deliveries for now.

I looked on a couple of recipe sites and printed out some healthy alternatives to some of my comfort foods plus healthy stuff that sounded good. I've been doing well with my smoothies and everything so far. I don't feel like I've lost any weight yet, but I don't think I've gained any either. I should buy a new scale.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2023, 06:42:17 PM »
I've been bad this week.  I've eaten a lot more than I should have. Earlier I ate a whole king size KitKat bar by myself.  I'll have to try to do better next week.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2023, 03:39:20 PM »
I went on a 1 mile "run" with my niblings last night.  They are fast.  I am not.  They were able to go the whole time.  I couldn't.  And I warned them that I was slow and not good at running so my 12 yr old nephew stopped a few times to wait for me.   :lol:  But at least they're willing to go on "runs" with me, even though I suck at it.  Maybe by the end of the summer I'll be able to manage without stopping even if I'm still not as fast as they are. 

But near the end of the run I felt like I was trying to breathe through a straw.  I think I have exercise-induced asthma because it cleared up after a few minutes of resting.  I'm going to ask my dr about it at my next physical.

Offline Minty_Magic

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2023, 05:51:40 PM »
I got my blood work done finally and everything came back really good, so I’m feeling happy about my progress so far! :) my doctor even went so far as to call my current weight and results “perfect” for my age! In some regards though that has slowed my drive a little haha! :lol:

I’ve probably gained a few pounds since then though. I went on vacation and ate and drank way more than usual. I’m a little afraid to weigh myself, but eh, it was vacation. I wanted to have fun! I figure I’ve lost about 40 pounds over the last two years, so what’s wrong with needing to lose a few extra I gained during that time?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2023, 02:18:11 PM »
Wow, good job!

I'm sticking to my diet and I'm feeling a little better. I think all the veggies are doing their thing. I've cut out beef again. I only had it like twice since I reintroduced meat back into my diet. I'm sticking with chicken, turkey and certain fish. I'm getting enough iron from the green veggies so I don't have to take it as a supplement again (those pills taste so bad).

I've been drinking mostly water, and a lot of it. Still have the very occasional Dr. Pepper but it's not every day. I am starting to drink coffee again, but coffee is good for you, so that's okay.

I still have not put my bike together. I want to buy a hex set for my drill so I don't have to do it manually. With my back and legs so bad, the less time I spend bent over the better.

I'm seeing my doc on Tuesday and I'll get weighed. I'm curious to see if I've lost anything.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2023, 01:49:04 PM »
Sorry for being absent for so long, I only gained 5ibs from 290 I'm kind of in a limbo at 295 because you see the problem right now is that I take 2 meds and the side affect make me not hungry... So by the time I'm hungry its 5pm when I have my dinner and another small meal again at 9 or 10 pm and a small snack at 1pm.... So I came up with a conclusion to stop this (I have to buy some Protein Bars) when I was losing weight I was eating a protein bar in the after noon and then eating something very small at 3pm meal at 7pm and then my Protein Bar again at 8pm then quite eating for the day... This would also be a form of Intermittent fasting stop eating at 8pm and start eating at 12pm skipping breakfast but I would set my clock to get up at 10 which I'm getting better at doing now. I want to come up with a reason why I want to lose the weight too to help me inspire me so... I have a list and I think just by typing it out would help me out greatly!
1. Its for me 
2. I want to wear Municipal Clothing
3. I want to learn to ride horses (Even if I don't own one in the future)
4. I wouldn't feel Uncomfortable in a plane.
5. I want to Hike my grandfathers land old that he donated in Dillon Montana with my Cousin Gina! Bucket list....
That Inspires me to be a lot better!

:cheer: Everyone is Doing Great Work!!!

BC, That's awesome that your cooking at home and not doing the meal prep deliveries! I need to start cooking at home. My mom cooks still... I need to learn her Recipes while i still can.

Minty_Magic, Wow How awesome to get a compliment from your neighbor then a compliment from your doctor! yeah you deserve a vacation. Will you still be hitting your Goal in November? What app do you use and is it free?

Pokeyonekenobie, Thats nice that you are running with your niblings. I have exercise-induced asthma too. I need to take better care of it as well.

Ponyfan & Beth3346, keep going, your doing Great still!!!

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2023, 05:53:05 PM »
Hey everyone!

It’s been a while since I’ve stepped back into the thread, but I can say I’ve slowly been working on a health journey. So, about a year and a half ago I lost sixty pounds. I’m not small and even dropping that weight I’m still obese. I’ve kept a decent schedule but really I haven’t lost any weight lately and I gained back 15 recently.

I’m cutting my food back to my more nutrient and less processed staples. I’ve also found a new local gym that also has a pool. I’m going to sign up Tuesday and start working out with a local friend. I want to swim, lift weights, and get going on the treadmill. I have a long way to go to reach my new goals.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Minty_Magic

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2023, 07:58:22 PM »
Thanks for revitalizing this Starflashbaby! I’ve been slacking a little, and this thread does always help motivate me to work harder so I’m glad to see it again! :) Sounds like you’ve got some good goals outlined!

I use the LoseIt app. It is free, but I personally do have the paid version because it has more features that really allow you to easily log your food and keep track of your goals. I honestly don’t remember what I was missing in the feee version though, I have had the paid version for so many years that I’ve forgotten what the free one is like! :lol: They do sometimes have deals around new years where you can buy a lifetime subscription which is what I did. If you think you will be using it for a year or more it may worth it! :) Based on what LoseIt says I am indeed still on track to hit my goal weight in November. It feels like I haven’t lost anything, but looking back at where I was a couple months ago I guess I have lost and steadily kept off about 3 pounds or so. It may not seem like much, but I’m fine with taking it slow!

We recently had a health and wellness meeting at work where we set some health goals for ourselves. Not that I think my boss actually cares if I stick to my goal LOL but I’m going to try and be faithful to it! :lol: I really need to start going to the gym again. My goal is to go at least 3 days a week for at least 30 minutes. I keep trying to get back into going but it’s really been a struggle.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2023, 03:24:52 PM »
Thanks for posting, Starflashbaby. :D   It's been a while since I posted in this thread too.

I've fallen off a bit since my medical procedure.  My surgeon told me I had to stop my slim shots and pills that go with them for 2 weeks before.  I didn't start them again until I got the okay from her.  I've been on the shots again for 2 weeks, but the pills haven't arrived yet. I still lost 3 pounds this week though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2023, 04:00:25 PM »
Yeah, I lost track of this thread too.

My cardiologist wanted to put me in a group study for Ozempic for weight loss, but because of my gastroparesis I couldn't do it. I was really bummed out.

I'm sticking to my diet and only having something I shouldn't (pizza, pasta, bread) once in a while. I had a pizza this month so I can't have another one until next month. The last time I was weighed I hadn't gained anything but I didn't lose anything either.

I need more exercise. My bike is still laying on the living room floor waiting to be put together. I bought that back in June.

My doctor is trying two new meds for me. One is like an ADHD med and should help with motivation and focus, also it will help keep me awake during the day. The other one is for pain. It's not a narcotic, she can't prescribe those, but it's one of the strongest pain meds you can get. I've had shots of it before but never in pill form. If they both work, I'll be able to move around better and hopefully get some exercise in.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2023, 08:21:37 PM »
I’m hitting between 7-10,000 steps a day but still pulling in my food intake
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2023, 08:49:29 PM »
Yeah...I need to be better about stuff, too.  That one run with my niblings was the only one we did this summer.  We just never made time to do it again.  I'm working on getting back in the habit of using the treadmill since my brother decided to DoorDash around the country so he's somewhere over in South Carolina last I heard.  But I'm also taking it easy this week because I twisted my ankle so I'd rather not aggravate that more than necessary. 

So here's a cheer for everyone who is trying to do whatever it is they're doing!  :cheer:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2023, 08:55:24 AM »
I was going to work in the bedroom today but I think I'll put my bike together instead. It's been sitting in the living room so long, it's dusty.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal