collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What did you do with fakies as a kid?  (Read 4927 times)

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with fakies as a kid?
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 08:23:03 AM »
I was never given a fakie was a kid but i could tell the difference at the store and i think that had a lot to do with it. My family knew i liked the MLPs not just ponies in general. Now when i win a lot on ebay, or buy a bag at the thrift store they normally come with at least one fakie, but my 2 year old loves all her ponies equally so i buy her MLP and when i get a fakie it goes into her collection. (but i dont buy fakies at the store for her, she only gets the tag alongs) Its funny tho, i've got my family trained to spot a fakie lol, my husband has gotten really good at it.

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »
I never had fakies as a kid. I actually only had a few Hasbro ponies, and they were all purchased second hand. I'm sure if I did have fakies I would have loved them the same, since I would have been so happy to recieive any colourful horse toy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2012, 08:39:46 AM »
I had one Buddy L fakie that lit up and made galloping noises. I treated her well.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Honey Bunches

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2012, 08:44:15 AM »
I never had a fakie. I didn't know they existed until adulthood.

My mother's a little OCD, and apparently didn't like the fact that fakies didn't match the Real ponies. So, since the real deal cost more I only had a small handful of ponies.

Now, however... I de-hair them and let my 7 month old use them as teething ponies!

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2012, 09:09:31 AM »
As children my sister and I never received fakies.  I think it was because we liked the stories on the backs of the cards so much that my mom and grandma (the two present buyers) knew to get only real MLPs.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »
I wouldn't let your 7-month-old use fakies as teething ponies. Some brands have had recalls for lead and other nasties. They exist largely under the regulation radar.

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2012, 09:55:48 AM »
Another thing I did with fakies - as a child, I had about 3 petites, IIRC, given to me by my sister, and the fakies, the only other pony I had with the petites at the time (I got rid of my other ponies by then) was their god and they worshipped her. If I am correct, one of the ponies (one of the pizza mark ones) saw her and shortly went insane and was put in the mental asylum (aka the top of the shelf.) I hated pizza and I hated pizza pony. I felt bad and she soon became the kind princess of the other two petites. (both GID I think)

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2012, 02:13:26 PM »
Ohhh fakies! :-) My very first pony was a fakie...she was al white with middle blue hair. I still know how i got her...it was around this time of the year when the toystore cataloguses came out and i really really wanted to have a pony for Sinterklaas (the Dutch variant of SantaClaus...and we celebrite his birthday on dec 5 with presents for the kids) but they where a little expensive in the beginning. So by the time another store has a cataloge out with "fake" ponies and much cheaper i got one from my parents! I even still know how we get to the store and bought it! And my first real mlp i got when i was at the hospital for my asthma, that was Skydancer and when i got home my granny got me Blossom. I also remember i had a little fake donkey glow in the dark and a fake Edgar, but those i keep with my glowbug doll's.

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »
I loved the fakes we had I had a magic meadow and a remco one who was an earth pony who was mint green , with light pink hair and pink hoofs. I loved her and somehow lost her .... I would love to find one again in those colors I miss her dearly.

sugar_apple

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
I remember playing with my fakies as much as with the 'real things', I especially liked my Lanard ponies and I also had (actually still have) three weird cabbage patch fakies that had bendable legs. Those are actually quite awesome :D At some point I got rid of most of my fakies, while only one MLP was put away (still regret doing that..) so perhaps they weren't as dear to me as MLPs after all.... but now I wish I hadn't let them go...

Offline sweetstuff

• Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
I knew my Remco's weren't MLP, but I still loved them, since they were unicorns. I loved  their hairbands too. Wish I still had them...

I know I had one that was a glow in the dark pony/horse, but no idea if it was Remco or not.

Honey Bunches

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »
I wouldn't let your 7-month-old use fakies as teething ponies. Some brands have had recalls for lead and other nasties. They exist largely under the regulation radar.

Eeeps!  Thankfully I just started this yesterday.  :cry:
So I guess one of the Sophie giraffes will have to be purchased. It's almost a pony.

Thank you for being candid.

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2012, 04:11:15 PM »
I think how I treated my fakies depended on who they were to me.

I had one or two Takara fakies and at least four (possibly six, or eight) neon coloured baby ponies with string hair. My Gran got me them at different times that she took me to the shops and I would play with them for hours. Since I didn't have any of my real Ponies with me whenever I picked out fakies I didn't really notice the difference, and by the time I got them home I had bonded with them. Also, because the babies were from MLP moulds it was only their hair that I found glaringly fake.

I also had three or four neon-coloured fakies that my parents bought me at the hospital shop when my younger brother was born. I can't really remember how they looked other than the colours, but I'd been told they were from my baby brother because he was excited to see me (or something like that). I just accepted them and liked how bright they were.

I had a My Little Angel horse called Dallas that came with a charm I wore everywhere. The horse was chubby like a pony and had clear wings with glitter inside! I was/am a big fan of kiddy cups with liquid and glitter inside, so although a little different this pegasus was loved.

I had a shiny white horse (maybe a little smaller than a Barbie horse) that was made by Crayola or PlayDoh or somebody and came with various gems you could stick to her. I don't think she had hair, just gaps to put playdoh maybe. She had a teardrop stone that I always stuck on her forehead. Most of my herd were MLP Princess Ponies so although she was a realistic horse the gemstones made her fit in. I think I tended to make her Princess Tiffany's noble, loving mummy who was adored by all the baby ponies, fakies and dragons.

Not technically fakies, but I bought some of the Strawberry Shortcake pets secondhand as friends for Brandy the Dog and Peachy's cat. I didn't know they weren't fakies until a few years ago!
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 09:11:10 AM »
I only had one as a kid myself and I loved her dearly and miss her. It was a small bright yellow glittery glow in the dark pony. She was one epic pony and I'll never find her again.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »
I only had one as a kid myself and I loved her dearly and miss her. It was a small bright yellow glittery glow in the dark pony. She was one epic pony and I'll never find her again.

She sounds gorgeous!
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal