collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 1990 Kellogg's cereal mail-order - in Spain! With video! (not clickbait)  (Read 688 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I was googling around to find pics of the 1992 Baby Stockings Kellogg's mail-away offer, and I happened across ANOTHER Kellogg's giveaway!  This one actually predates the Baby Stockings offer, having happened in 1990, seemingly only in Spain.  And in fact the mail order ponies were all made-in-Spain variants.

Not only that, but there's a partial clip of the television commercial of it on Youtube! Baby Lemon Drop, Dancing Butterflies, and Galaxy are featured.

I also found this post talking about the G.I. Joe side of it.  The G.I. Joes were seemingly regular made-in-China Joes.  Unlike the Baby Stockings promotion, where the only G.I. Joe offered was Lifeline, this promotion let kids choose between six different Joes.

But back to the ponies, and the video-uploader's memories of the promotion!

Original Spanish text under spoiler
Spoiler
KELLOGG'S PROMO 1990 MI PEQUEÑO PONY (LITTLE PONY) Y GIJOE El otro dia trasteando con mis pelis beta encontre este tesoro que grabe de pequeña, dura muy poco porque solo es el fragmento final del anuncio (la aprte que me interesaba) donde kellog's promocionaba el regalo de un pony o un gijoe a escoger de la parte de atras de la caja, escogias el modelo y ellos te enviaban uno (aunque nunca coincidia el juguete que elegias con el de la foto ya que te enviaban el que fuera que perteneciera a esa misma colección, yo precisamente pude coger 3 ponys, escogi a galaxia y me enviaron a espumita, luego a no me olvides y me enviaron a melocoton,  por ultimo escogi a baby chiquitin y me enviaron a bebe comilon. Un detalle de la promo de mi pequeño pony esque todos ellos eran de los fabricados en españa y hoy en dia son un tesoro y algunos de ellos valen fortunas. Se regalaron ponys españoles de las siguientes colecciones: fiesta, aventureros, bebe caricias,alitas y ojos centelleos. De gijoe no tengo ni idea como funcionaba la cosa ya que solo me dedique a los ponys :)

Google Translated into English:

KELLOGG'S PROMO 1990 MY LITTLE PONY AND G.I. JOE

The other day tinkering with my Beta movies I found this treasure that I recorded as a child, it lasts very little because it is only the final fragment of the ad (the part that interested me) where Kellogg's promoted the gift of a pony or a G.I. Joe to choose from. From the back of the box, you chose the toy and they sent you one (although the toy you chose never coincided with the one in the photo since they sent you whatever belonged to that same set). I was able to get 3 ponies. I chose Galaxy and they sent me Fizzy, then Forget-Me-Not and they sent me Peach Blossom, finally I chose Baby Tiddly Winks and they sent me Baby Lemon Drop. A detail of the promo of My Little Pony is that all of them were made in Spain. Nowadays they are a treasure and some of them are worth fortunes.

Spanish ponies were given from the following sets: Party ponies (translator’s note: Twice As Fancy), Adventurers (translator’s note: Big Brother ponies), Cuddly Baby ponies (translator’s note: set comprised of Baby Moondancer, Baby Tiddly Winks, Baby Lemon Drop, and Baby Bow Tie), Flutter ponies, and Twinkle Eye ponies. I have no idea about G.I. Joe or how it worked since I only dedicated myself to the ponies :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
Re: 1990 Kellogg's cereal mail-order - in Spain! With video! (not clickbait)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 06:25:19 AM »
That's really interesting. :)  I never heard of another Kellogg's offer besides Baby Stockings.  I think it's fantastic that you recorded part of the promotion on Beta as a child. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 12:31:37 PM »
Yeah, I hadn't heard of it either!  And with Spanish ponies, yet!

Oh, I didn't record the commercial, I just found it on Youtube and translated the comments that the uploader had on the video.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 01:07:55 PM »
Oh, I see.  It's still great that part of it was preserved by someone. :)  So many things have been lost to time.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 05:42:41 PM »
Oooh, this is cool! I love it when obscure stuff like this turns up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal