collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any tea experts out there? :)  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Annichen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • So Soft Pony
  • G1 MLP 4 life
    • View Profile
Re: Any tea experts out there? :)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 07:10:08 AM »
I'm a tea junkie and I tend to opt for French teas like Mariage Frères or even Ladurée. Celestial Seasonings is very good too, and that's cheap..and in bags. I'm not sure if you can get loose tea from CS.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 10:16:20 PM »
I'm a big fan of loose leaf tea, usually black tea florals.  :)

I don't know if this is a possibility in your area, but could you also maybe give him a smaller sampler and a gift certificate/I.O.U to a tea shop?  Some place like Teavana or a smaller shop, where he can pick out his own tea?  I know at those type of shops, they'll let you see the leaves and pick out what you want (and sometimes have free samples.)  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 11:36:24 AM »
Asian markets are a great place to an assortment of teas--just do a little research so you know what to ask for, lol. Sencha, genmaicha, and oolong are all veerrrrry different things, lol.

Also, for green teas especially be sure to check the packing date if it's printed. That's different from a 'sell by' date, and fresher is always better. Anything more than six months old tends to have that yucky 'boxed' taste. :)

Stash is actually very good if you steep it correctly. I'm a total tea snob, and it's my favorite green tea now.

Oh and random tea trivia--did you know that tea plants will grow basically anywhere a camellia bush will? Being cousins and all. (Guess who has her own tea bushes, heheh.)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 01:28:39 PM »
I'm a tea junkie and I tend to opt for French teas like Mariage Frères or even Ladurée. Celestial Seasonings is very good too, and that's cheap..and in bags. I'm not sure if you can get loose tea from CS.
Be very careful with Celestial Seasonings -- there was a huge controversy about the pesticides in their tea a couple of years ago (here's an article: http://www.examiner.com/article/dangerously-high-pesticide-levels-found-celestial-seasonings-teas). I used to drink that brand occasionally, but I didn't really like it, so when I heard about the pesticides I stopped buying it entirely (I had only been drinking it because, ironically, a doctor had recommended their "sleepy time" variety).

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 02:38:46 PM »
I love love LOVE loose leaf tea and get all my tea from Adagio. I'm very lucky to live close to all three of their stores here in the Chicagoland area. I'd also go with a sampler pack with various different teas. I'm sure they'll like whatever you get them though. ^.^
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 04:38:37 PM »
I'm in the UK and I love Postcard Teas

http://www.postcardteas.com/site/

For a treat, it's not as expensive ads you might think.  Not sure where you are and shipping etc. though.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal