collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Adagio Dazzle doll  (Read 4925 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
The Adagio Dazzle doll
« on: July 04, 2015, 04:19:41 AM »
So part of me is thinking I should really try to get that Aria Blaze/Sonata Dusk two-pack while it's on half-off clearance at K-Mart (if they still have any). $15 for two dolls is a pretty sweet deal.

But I feel bad to think of getting them if I can't ever procure the Adagio doll too. I like to have all members of a group, when possible. Did she ever become easier to find? It seems like she was around for a tiny blip in some parts of the States and then vanished again. I believe I may have seen her ... once? Twice? And then no more.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: The Adagio Dazzle doll
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 07:39:24 AM »
I have not seen Adagio at all. I grabbed the twins I believe when there was a BOGO Free sale at TRU or when they were on clearance at Target. I don't think I'll ever find Adagio other than on EBay. I would still get Aria and Sonata though. They're super cute!
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 07:51:11 AM »
True, I should definitely check K-Mart for them again in any case. How much does Adagio tend to go for on eBay (or Amazon)? Much more than retail?

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 08:08:39 AM »
I wish she was cheap on EBay. Can't find her under $50 and I am not willing to spend that much on a doll unless it's a Disney Designer doll. :cry:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:16:21 AM »
I bought Adagio for $39 through Amazon - but that was around February or March.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:21:39 AM »
Still cross with myself that I didn't get Adagio when she was on discount for £10 (approx $16) at Entertainer in March/April time...

I am trying to be frugal with the EQG dolls and picking only the ones I like, but so far they seem to be the ones nobody can find. And, of course, because the Dazzlings remind me so much of the Misfits, I now need to have them (sigh). I had to buy my mib one from Ebay UK, which was at the actual RRP for the UK with free shipping, but still more than the £10 sale price in Entertainer. I haven't decided what to do about Sonata and Aria yet, but I would definitely grab them while they're cheap. You never know how quick they'll be gone otherwise. (Sadly Sonata and Aria are still £20 here, which is around $30...)

Still hoping I might pick up a loose Adagio at some point at a sale or in a charity shop because I can't afford to buy a second one to take her out of package...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 10:37:02 AM »
She was all over on this side of the pond for a while and as Taffeta says went on discount. Unfortunately her timing was such that she could still have got a bigger US release so no one really realised how hard to find she was going to be moving forward.

She is still available from third party sellers on Amazon. And she is mostly at the price or a little higher than we would have paid for her in US stores.

These dolls will eventually show up on the second hand market. If I was you, I would get the dolls at the good price you really like and just keep an eye out for Adaggio she will pop up eventually. Or argue to yourself that the money you are saving on the 2 dolls, is sufficient that you can pay UK to US shipping for Adaggio.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »
She was all over on this side of the pond for a while and as Taffeta says went on discount. Unfortunately her timing was such that she could still have got a bigger US release so no one really realised how hard to find she was going to be moving forward.

She is still available from third party sellers on Amazon. And she is mostly at the price or a little higher than we would have paid for her in US stores.

These dolls will eventually show up on the second hand market. If I was you, I would get the dolls at the good price you really like and just keep an eye out for Adaggio she will pop up eventually. Or argue to yourself that the money you are saving on the 2 dolls, is sufficient that you can pay UK to US shipping for Adaggio.
The only problem is second hand dolls are frequently naked.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 01:00:30 PM »
I missed out on the US Amazon.com Adagio Dazzle EG doll. But luckily my friend Chrissytree in the UK was able to snag me her on sale in the UK (also Holly Dash and the TAF Rarity ponies!!). So I have Adagio. But she was not sold locally in the US to my knowledge. Very annoying Hasbro!!
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 01:08:12 PM »

The only problem is second hand dolls are frequently naked.

This is true, or in the case of the MH dolls I've seen lately, in bits ><. I'm keeping my Adagio in her box for that reason, because I'm fine with a loose one that has no accessories. I can make clothes for her if I need to, and that might be fun to do, even though I've got rid of most of my fabric now. Mind you, I did find a very nice loose Rainbow Dash with the long hair with all her clothes and stuff at a car boot sale back in April or May. So it depends on the kids and how interested they were in the toy...

Still hoping that my Entertainer - with their propensity to shove anything that doesn't immediately clear back in the stockroom for months till there is space again - will produce a few AD dolls around Christmas again next year.
It's happened before and just the last week I saw Holly Dash again for the first time in four months, so it's an ever present possibility.

Maybe I should actually go and ask them, in fact...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »
I've found 3 here in Canada the last 2 months...sold one here and 2 on eBay. I always keep my eye open for her, but it seems to mostly just be a sea of Pinkie and TS and that's it. I start the bidding low, but it has surprised me how much she's going for on eBay...Maybe she'll make another go-round so collectors can get her again?

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »
I've only ever seen her twice - once at TRU and once at TK Maxx. Still never seen Octavia in shops anywhere.

Good luck finding her! I love the Dazzlings :)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 06:24:44 PM »
Still hoping that my Entertainer - with their propensity to shove anything that doesn't immediately clear back in the stockroom for months till there is space again - will produce a few AD dolls around Christmas again next year.
It's happened before and just the last week I saw Holly Dash again for the first time in four months, so it's an ever present possibility.

Maybe I should actually go and ask them, in fact...

That would be a good idea, to ask!

I'm pretty sure I saw Adagio in stores a couple of times, but I still haven't seen Octavia around, either. Sigh.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 06:43:24 PM »
Just pretend that Sonata and Aria are striking off on their own to find a new life. They're good-looking dolls who don't need no leader.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 07:01:16 PM »
LOL. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal