collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: That moment when you find a RAPUNZEL...........  (Read 4970 times)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
That moment when you find a RAPUNZEL...........
« on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:54 AM »
OK so I every so often post on my local sales Facebook that I am ISO my little ponies...and of course I get a ton of people with fakies , g4s, g3s etc. But this time like 3 people responded...one person I get ponies from on a regular basis...but this time one person says she gas 100+ old ones.....so of course I am super excited...that feeling when you know you might have scored a good pony haul.....but then she proceeds to tell me she wants to keep some which no problem of course...they are hers after all.....and I was telling my hubby....its about time in all my pony hunting that I find a Rapunzel....I was like wouldn't that be great!...so last night she sends me a picture and says she actually on has about 63.......and what do I see hiding in the pictures.....yes you got it a Rapunzel.....and guess which one she's keeping  :cry:.......but of course would be my luck....so now today I am feeling down because she also says she wants to do some research...I have a feeling she's going to try to get top dollar....which you know they are hers but...seems like its so hard to get any kind of deals...she said she might sell the Rapunzel to me we shall see....will keep everyone updated ....sigh..... -_-

Offline Beckie-Ann

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: That moment when you find a RAPUNZEL...........
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:23:55 AM »
I feel you! I've had images sent to me and then no follow up. I've had people come up with a price and then backpedal after seeing ebay BIN prices. It really stinks. The last haul I almost had a similar incident. She had 120 ponies and was tempted to keep Mimic. She decided to let me have her, thankfully, but unlike ebay where most of the time you buy items and then they're yours, people on these FB groups can be flaky. Maybe she'll change her mind, fingers crossed for you!

AlmostApplejack

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »
Oh dear, I do hope she decides to give you Punzie  :cry:

Does she have other rare ones that she's giving to you, by chance?

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 10:11:40 AM »
The next rarest she has looks to be a ss crumpet.....but I may have missed someone....I don't see any other mail order....but her doing research scares me ...lol...and of course there's a Rapunzel on eBay for $850 bin....even though us collectors know she's not gonna sell for that much....but she will see it and want an insane amount I feel...I guess I will know tomorrow.... If she has around $50 ponies nothing too rare what would anyone offer :) ????

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 12:57:37 PM »
Same thing happened to me but she had munchy she is my dream pony. And she had 500 ponies for $100 dollars I offered her more than that. She said I can get em the next day and guess what..didnt her from her for a week. Then asked her about the ponies. She replied

SOLD :) 'smiley face'

I wrote her back and told her, she agreed that I was buying them and would come  them the next day. I offered her more money.

She replied.

Sorry they are sold!

I was in tears beacuse I wanted munchy so..plus she was rude to me about it all on top of that.
:accomplished:

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 12:59:43 PM »
Haven't had this with ponies, but I use to run into it a lot back when I played and traded CCGs in my teens. I definitely get where you're coming from. On one hand, the ponies are hers and good for her trying to find out what they're worth. On the other hand, places like eBay or Amazon can really inflate the prices on things and can present false ideas of what items are worth / what people will pay for them.

Also: Bah! I had no clue that Crumpet was in any way rare. >.< I've been trying to avoid wanting anything that is going to be hard to get, but she's my most wanted G1. Go figure. *laughs* Oh, well. I guess that will make eventually getting her all the more exciting. :)

(Edited to add): And Munchy is my other top choice. Hey, at least now I know? ;) And I'm incredibly sorry that happened to you, LightningElectricDream . Sounds like someone lacked both tact and honor. How rude! :(

I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully an agreement can be made where the seller is getting a reasonable price and you are getting some new ponies.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:06:08 PM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Beckie-Ann

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »
Same thing happened to me but she had munchy she is my dream pony. And she had 500 ponies for $100 dollars I offered her more than that. She said I can get em the next day and guess what..didnt her from her for a week. Then asked her about the ponies. She replied

I wrote her back and told her, she agreed that I was buying them and would come  them the next day. I offered her more money.

She replied.

Sorry they are sold!

I was in tears beacuse I wanted munchy so..plus she was rude to me about it all on top of that.

Ahh, this seems to happen to me all of the time! So disheartening. It makes me more thankful for the transactions that actually do get completed because of how often we get snubbed. So many dealers out there trying to be greedy, ruins it for the large amount of collectors with integrity. -_-

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 01:27:49 PM »

She replied.

Sorry they are sold!

Ahh, this seems to happen to me all of the time! So disheartening. It makes me more thankful for the transactions that actually do get completed because of how often we get snubbed. So many dealers out there trying to be greedy, ruins it for the large amount of collectors with integrity. -_-

Yes I can somewhat see where they are comming from on the cash end of it..but I wish they would do reserch before they get people hopes up for a good deal.
:accomplished:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 01:38:22 PM »
Total bummer.
The glimmer of Punzie hope is a great way to keep you looking locally. Sometimes CL sellers are a bit flakly and that's even more frustrating. When something like this that happens it makes you just go absolutely bonkers because you know you want her. You may still want to let her know that you are interested, but not necessarilly at ebay prices (remind her how much she loses on ebay fees and paypal fees and to realistically look at completed auction prices if she goes super high...)

This is why I've come to the conclusion that I just need to make myself my own custom Punzie. Ugh, motivation where are you?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 03:15:12 PM »
Don't give up yet! I got lucky last year and bin'ed two repunzels on ebay, one for $20 the other $70.

Offline cyberfluf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 02:20:15 AM »
I hope you will get some nice additions to your collection for a good price, let's hope she does sell you Punzie. Rooting for you!
If you have G1 MLP fabric for sale please drop me a line (large quantity even better ;-))

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 04:35:06 AM »
:hug:  wishing you all the best in getting some awesome ponies and hoping that this seller doesn't let you down :hug:
Even if she does ask silly monies for Punzie , or wont even offer her for sale, don't give up hope on getting her! people have found them cheap on evilbay, someone even got one at a flea market!  I personally got mine hidden in a job lot of 20+ ponies on ebay some years back :)
oh and there are some amazing customs of her too!

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 05:00:17 AM »
OMG I hope you can get the Rapunzel!!!! Thats so crazy she has one! Best of luck!!! :hugs:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 09:43:51 AM »
that sucks!....
aaannnd I'm pretty sure that's the one that just got listed on ebay with a BIN of 600, 2 bids, and 9 days left. :/
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 10:37:37 AM »
Ugh, sorry to hear that. Actually something similar happened to me once. I didn't see Rapunzel but the woman I bought a great lot of G1s from said she had her and was saving her to give to her daughter one day. >.< So close and yet so far.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal