collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "My Little Brony" bashes one of our own.  (Read 3240 times)

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "My Little Brony" bashes one of our own.
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2013, 09:14:30 AM »
And it's gone! Thanks again to everyone who alerted me and helped me, thanks for all your kind words too!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2013, 09:59:50 AM »
Oh that's awesome that they took it down!  By the time I saw it- it looks like there were WAY more comments from "us" than "them" :D

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »
that's great to hear!
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »
Is this any different than when people here bash those bedazzled custom ponies on taobao?

Nope. Not even a little bit. The only difference is that the people here know who made this one, so it's suddenly a bad thing. If the people making the customs on Taobao found the things forum members are saying here and objected, the site would collapse under the weight of people trying to backpedal and insist that that's not what they meant, we're the "nice" community.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

I don't mind those bedazzled ponies but do those really count as traditional customs though? I thought they were being made en masse (and by several people) to be stuck to phones? Like they just "bedazzle" a lot of different things (not only ponies) to be used as phone accessories...

This was my thought, also. I thought a lot of stuff on Taobao was mass-produced, if not all? But I'm not so familiar with Taobao as I could be, so I may be misremembering.

Glad to hear the photo's been taken down! Hopefully people will be less gung-ho about stealing artwork in the future! (Ha ha, like that'll ever happen! But it's nice to dream!)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »
I'm glad to hear it's been taken down! :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »
Taobao is just like a Chinese language eBay. The bedazzled pony phone case trend came from them taking some factory reject ponies and slapping rhinestones on them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2013, 05:06:04 PM »
Taobao is just like a Chinese language eBay. The bedazzled pony phone case trend came from them taking some factory reject ponies and slapping rhinestones on them.

I believe the pony phone cases happened to spring forth from a general fashion trend called dekoden/decoden which means decorated phone. Customising and putting lots of stuff all over your phone case (and other personal electronics like handheld gaming systems) is insanely popular, from just hanging charms to completely blinged-out on all sides. They often include animal faces/figures, and popular characters like Hello Kitty or Rilakkuma. It was really only a matter of time before they included MLP in the list of "what other cute pastel things can I glue to this phone?" And then the loose bedazzled ones I guess are another offshoot of that. Ponies set free from their phone case so that they can have more rhinestones glued to the other side of their body. :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal