collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "It's why your wishes . . . come true."  (Read 513 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
"It's why your wishes . . . come true."
« on: May 05, 2013, 06:59:51 PM »
Soooo, back in the "Dancing in the Clouds" G3 show, Star Catcher revealed herself to Sky Wishes, who was amazed to learn that pegasus ponies were real.

BUT Star Catcher told Sky Wishes that she couldn't tell anyone that pegasus ponies were real.

"Only you know.  It's why your wishes . . . come true."

Ladies and gentlemen, start your speculating!   What does this mean?  Why would this have anything to do with Sky Wishes' wishes coming true (especially since she hadn't known until that very day).

Also, what changed to make Star Catcher willing to introduce the other pegasi to the Ponyville ponies in "Friends Are Never Far Away"?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "It's why your wishes . . . come true."
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 04:58:21 AM »
Pegasus ponies love parties AND ice cream. :D Who could resist?

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:32:31 AM »
My speculation is that it is because the G3 cartoons were TERRIBLE! I bought them, out of desperation for ponies, but they were pretty bad.

Considering how many talented writers out there can't find jobs, I don't understand why they couldn't hire great writers for cheap. The writing from those shows doesn't meet the standards I would expect from high-school graduates. I assume all the scripts were written by the same person who decided pegasus and unicorn ponies weren't a good idea during the first G3 years, that re-releasing the same six ponies over and over again is the best way to get people to buy more ponies, and that FIM should have more slice-of-life stories and fewer adventures.

However, if my goal were to reconcile the line with some canon of G3 pony history, I would say that Skywishes had always secretly know in her heart that pegasus ponies were real. But, where that is not my goal, I'm going to say it's just bad writing.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 08:15:45 AM »
I like the idea that although she never knew for certain that pegasus ponies existed, perhaps she believed enough that they did that she was considered deserving of the pegasus magic?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lalalei2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:17:37 PM »
Skywishes did say in Friends Are Never Far Away that she WISHED her friends could meet them :)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
My speculation is that it is because the G3 cartoons were TERRIBLE! I bought them, out of desperation for ponies, but they were pretty bad.

Considering how many talented writers out there can't find jobs, I don't understand why they couldn't hire great writers for cheap. The writing from those shows doesn't meet the standards I would expect from high-school graduates. I assume all the scripts were written by the same person who decided pegasus and unicorn ponies weren't a good idea during the first G3 years, that re-releasing the same six ponies over and over again is the best way to get people to buy more ponies, and that FIM should have more slice-of-life stories and fewer adventures.

However, if my goal were to reconcile the line with some canon of G3 pony history, I would say that Skywishes had always secretly know in her heart that pegasus ponies were real. But, where that is not my goal, I'm going to say it's just bad writing.

If there's a "Like" button, I'd click it. Well said. lol

In the show, it mentioned that pegasi ponies are shy and they don't make appearances, but I guess Star Catcher's interaction with an earth pony makes it feel like it's finally OK to come out of the closet?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal