collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Meet the Ponies" videos EDIT: videos up!  (Read 532 times)

Offline Shystar06

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
"Meet the Ponies" videos EDIT: videos up!
« on: September 01, 2012, 07:19:26 PM »
'Kay, this is a bit of an odd one. Was on the official MLP site some time ago and noticed they had some "meet the ponies" videos. They were shorts featuring different G3 ponies throwing a different kind of party and each had a cute little life lesson in the bargain. Watched them, liked them.

Being the total  :nerdy:  stallion that I am, I thought "Hey, I don't wanna have to get on the 'net every time I wanna watch those." A little Linux magic later, I was the proud owner of said video files.

Just recently I had the idea to share them with my fellow pony fans; the original files (they're flash video) and maybe a version of each video in a format that anything should be able to play. Sharing is nice, after all!

Buuut I'm wondering if that's...well...an okay thing to do? I wouldn't dream of trying to steal credit for them or anything intentionally criminal. I know the site has (had?) scanned versions of official MLP coloring books, and to my knowledge Hasbro has never said a peep about it. Would sharing these be allright? Should I ask permission from the makers first? Opinions from wiser souls are much welcome...

EDIT: Video collection zipped up and online! I'll upload non-flash versions and ask the mods about hosting them on the arena very soon.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/UMH_DICm/MLP_Videos.html
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:44:32 AM by Shystar06 »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Redistributing "Meet the Ponies" videos?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 07:27:34 PM »
Awww you're such a nice person to share with us! ^_^ I personally think it would be okay, since you're not making any money off it and obviously Hasbro made them available for everyone to view for free at one point. But I'll wait to see what others say. ^^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Re: Redistributing "Meet the Ponies" videos?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 11:58:54 PM »
I'm positive Hasbro wouldn't mind! They let entire episodes of FiM on Youtube, so.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "Meet the Ponies" videos EDIT: videos up!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »
Eee thanks! I hope the Arena will let you host them here! :D
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »
What I find strange is that hubworld.com still allows me to browse Webisodes and Movies and open each video, but after the ad, it gives me a "Stream not found" message.  I mean, what, did they just remove only the videos and assume nobody bookmarked those pages?

Offline Shystar06

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
What I find strange is that hubworld.com still allows me to browse Webisodes and Movies and open each video, but after the ad, it gives me a "Stream not found" message.  I mean, what, did they just remove only the videos and assume nobody bookmarked those pages?

Maybe. Wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened.

This is why I have a habit of saving stuff I find on the web that I really, really like to disk...I learned the hard way "there today, gone tomorrow" is not just the ending line of a fairy tale.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal