collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?  (Read 23359 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Latest dollyhair order - less hair by weight - anyone else?
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
I used thick hair even and I had plenty. :I
Granted it's supposed to be a short style, but still. a G4 with 6 inch hair is kind if ridiculous.
Not if a certain style requires longer hair XD Some styles do make hair look shorter in some form or manner but needs longer hair to do them :)

Factory G4 hair is about 4in which is actually 8in (yes I actually took one of my G4's off shelf to measure the hair XD) which is approx. 1/4 DH hank length. The tail is also about 4in which again is 8in total, so there is about 1/2 of the hair used. 38 plugs with the hank kaoskat posted using the approx factory lengths you'd have to pretty much use about 1/2 of the hair just for the mane alone but then tail thickness is another story... Then you also have to take into account that the mane itself.. some of the plug holes need extra hair to actually fill them in due to the factory needles making some of the plugs thicker anyway

Why did I just kind of break that down? I really don't know but I thought it might be useful in some way x:
totally useful. this is my first time using hair that just purchased (got alot of half hanks etc at first) so it's nice to know how long to cut it.
I'll make a note, rosierjay, that what I said is approximations for a standard G4 brushable from the factory.. Well at least for this pony, I didn't get around to fixing her hair so sticking a ruler to her mane and tail was ok for me XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »
LOL sd_dreamcrystal! I cut my hanks in half. The plug itself is divided in half again when I put the plug in since the plug is doubled over. So my hair actually ends up being about 1/4 hank long. *digs up pic* It's long, yes, but I like it this way.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z3/kaoskatcollections/ponies/AutumnGust5small.jpg
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline BarbedDragon

• Trade Count: (+157)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/BarbedDragon/BarbedDragonCustoms
« Reply #137 on: December 12, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »
I'm still waiting to hear back too. I'm sure someone has called her by now? I got a card in my order too, but I tossed it before thinking.

I think everyone should calm down a bit before jumping to so many conclusions.

Commissions are CLOSEDWaiting list available.
*My Customs Page**My Facebook Page**My Re-Rooting Tools/Etsy*

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2012, 07:56:30 PM »
LOL sd_dreamcrystal! I cut my hanks in half. The plug itself is divided in half again when I put the plug in since the plug is doubled over. So my hair actually ends up being about 1/4 hank long. *digs up pic* It's long, yes, but I like it this way.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z3/kaoskatcollections/ponies/AutumnGust5small.jpg
Lol I see what you mean, is that the pony you mentioned that the tail suffered from the lack of hair?

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »
I got my order. Love the new colors but wow, small hanks. I don't have a decent scale so I may have to take them to the PO to weigh them. Having hanks of the same color even be different weights within an order says to me "The new assistant sucks". This is not typical of the DH orders I've received for the past 2 years.

I forgot she advertises that one hank will do one pony, with a picture of a g1. Would anyone be willing to rehair a g1 with the small hank to show how sparse it is? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2012, 07:58:48 PM »
No, that's just one with the length hair I use. I haven't rehaired a pony with this hank yet. Just counted plugs. That's always been one of the wonderful things about Dollyhair is it falls nicely into these perfect sized little plugs all on its own.

Oh, and for the record, the other hanks, while less than before weren't as bad as this one. Unfortunately, THIS is the one I had actual plans for and wasn't just trying to see the new/previously out of stock colors. :silly:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:01:49 PM by kaoskat »

kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »
I got my order. Love the new colors but wow, small hanks. I don't have a decent scale so I may have to take them to the PO to weigh them. Having hanks of the same color even be different weights within an order says to me "The new assistant sucks". This is not typical of the DH orders I've received for the past 2 years.

I forgot she advertises that one hank will do one pony, with a picture of a g1. Would anyone be willing to rehair a g1 with the small hank to show how sparse it is? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.
If I could I would but I haven't ordered from DH in a while so sadly I can't

Post Merge: December 12, 2012, 08:01:58 PM

No, that's just one with the length hair I use. I haven't rehaired a pony with this hank yet. Just counted plugs. That's always been one of the wonderful things about Dollyhair is it falls nicely into these perfect sized little plugs all on its own.
I see, I'd be in trouble then for G4s. I think my tails are a little thicker than the one you posted XD I think
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:01:58 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »
Quote from: Starly
but still. a G4 with 6 inch hair is kind if ridiculous.

I really have no clue why you think it's 'kind of ridiculous' considering some of the G4's I just measured come from the factory with 4 inch length of mane. And it'd probably need to be a little longer at the factory for the rooting and styling process.

So I don't quite get why 2 more inches than hasbro uses would all of a sudden make it ridiculous.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »
Oh. The number is on the card. I didn't even look there before.

818-627-2832

I think she's made it pretty clear she has no interest in hearing from anyone though. Not reading emails, taking the number off the site. Those are not-so-subtle hints.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »
Didn't she say the number had be disconnected? *looks*

Yup.
Our phone number is no longer in service, and honestly, Dollyhair is so busy with orders that if I were to make myself available by phone, then that would take time away from order processing.

I'm sure this is all some sort of mistake, but we need her to check her email or something so the problem can be fixed before it gets even more out of hand. She won't even know this thread is here if she won't check her mail.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:14:01 PM by kaoskat »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2012, 08:12:04 PM »

Yup.
Our phone number is no longer in service, and honestly, Dollyhair is so busy with orders that if I were to make myself available by phone, then that would take time away from order processing.
So calling would be a no go x:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2012, 08:12:42 PM »
wow... so how are you even suppose to contact her?

so far i'm less than impressed with them.
I'd rather pay oversea shipping prices.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »

yup, i just called it. it's a disconnected magic-jack number

Offline zannid

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
I think everyone should calm down a bit before jumping to so many conclusions.

I don't think anyone is jumping to conclusions. Mostly we're just sitting around waiting for a response.

I mean, the post saying she would be "caught up in a few days" was 10 days ago. So presumably, if she still isn't looking at e-mails, orders made/filled in that time will also be dealing with this issue.

I don't know. I think the way she has her contact page worded has some people riled and the rest of us would just like an answer before the issue continues to encompass more buyers and packages. I myself spent about $70 on the amount of hair I ordered (enough for most of my current customs) and had hoped to have them in time for some Christmas presents. While that may not happen, if when the packages do arrive they aren't enough to root the customs, that's an even bigger issue than the delayed shipment...

I think we're all just a bit upset and anxious and would like a solution. The people who have received their packages are bummed at not being able to complete projects and those who haven't received theirs are worried that after the wait they also won't be able to complete projects.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2012, 08:33:23 PM »
Slight update... I ordered December 2 and got an active tracking number yesterday.. so she is catching up :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal