collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check: Nearly Complete Lavender Dream Castle & Miss. Accessory ID  (Read 1033 times)

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
I obtained some new pony finds last week and am curious as to their value.  I'm not really interested in selling anything except maybe the Home Sweet Home accessories right now, but I like to keep track of values just in case I need to sell.

Anyway here's what we've got:

Nearly complete Lavender Dream Castle in very good condition including elusive 2 goblets, thrown blanket, all horse shoes etc... the only things that are missing are: Majesty (did it come with her?), Spike, Banner, 1 Flag, 2 Ribbons and Box/Instructions.  If I did decide to sell it, would it be better to sell as a single lot or break it up? 

Pics in spoiler:
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mirror doesn't have foil sticker and flag stickers are placed all over the castl  :huh:

Condition issues: not sure if this is a crack or the seams just not fitting properly.  All colors are awesome and everything is clean and bright.  There is some fading at a few seams.  None of the hinges are cracked.

Home Sweet Home Accessories.  I'm not really interested in keeping these so I'll probably put them up for sale in the sales thread.  Should I sell them as a lot or individually do you think?

There is 1 bed, 3 ribbons, 3 trophies, 2 jump stands and one rail, one flag, one jump ramp thingie, saddle and strap(?),  2 feed boxes, 2 planters, 6 fences.

There were some other misc. accessories thrown in.  I don't recognize any of these as My Little Pony.  Are they?  My daughter wants to use the horse shoes as pony money so I thought I'd check to make sure they weren't anything special before giving them to her lol

Misc. accessories in spoiler:

Spoiler

Very tiny horse shoes- smaller than a penny. 

Thing that probably used to light up and doesn't anymore:

Crown.  Maybe for barbie?

Thanks for the help!!
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check: Nearly Complete Lavender Dream Castle & Miss. Accessory ID
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 06:37:59 AM »
Have no idea about pricing, but I would sell the accessories separately.  Maybe start off here and try to sell or trade.  What does't sell place on eBay, etsy, etc....

Good Luck
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 07:07:58 AM »
Yes the accessories are from Barbie.  :)  Don't know about the horseshoes though.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 10:44:24 AM »
Have no idea about pricing, but I would sell the accessories separately.  Maybe start off here and try to sell or trade.  What does't sell place on eBay, etsy, etc....

Good Luck

Agreed! ^.^

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 02:11:15 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I have a buyer for the Home Sweet Home accessories as a lot.  I think I'd rather just sell these together to save the hassle of listing them separately.  Also, it feels kind of right to have them go to a new home together, sounds silly I know.  Any ideas on a fair price for these accessories as a lot?

Thanks again!
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 04:22:03 PM »
I am pretty sure both of those playsets/accessories sets are quite hard to find. I have no clue on prices but  if it were me Iwould sell sets together (the castle with accessories if you are selling that) and such, it looks like you are already going to do that with the HSH stuff. I think especially with a playset, it's better as a complete article and that's a hard to find one so even more so. I suspect a lot of people would be interested if you did sell it - if it wasn't for the horror of shipping it internationally I would be, but I long since gave up on the lavender castle because of that nasty issue of importation ><

The kid who had that lavender castle clearly went to the same school of sticker technology as I did, and refused to follow ordained rules xd. It makes it unique though ;)

(From the person whose childhood nursery still says B-A-F-Y on the front...)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »
I don't think it's a bad idea to sell the HSH accessories altogether. I've never noticed that that playset is particularly sought after. The lavender castle, however, is popular and HTF, especially those elusive purple goblets. The question of whether to sell altogether or separately is tricky. Paradise Estate can bring a big price sold complete that it can't get broken up. The castle is a little different b/c whereas with PE only a few of the accessories are HTF, with the castle they all are (although not all are equally sought after). I sold the pink jumping hoops for $8/each, and I'm guessing most of the lavender castle items would be in the $8-18 range except for the goblets and perhaps the cape and horseshoes/box.

Hopefully Hathorcat will come along--I know she was looking for the goblets for a long time. She'll have a better sense than me of whether to go whole or separate. Of course keep in mind that your time is worth $$$, and selling things as lots saves lots of time!

And no, Majesty did not come with the reissue so you're not missing her :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:08:32 PM by ValeofSpring »
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
would love to know about the little horse shoes myself, i have one, always thought it fell of something G4 but could never found how.
very cute pony money.

personally i would not separate selling the purple castle, its nearly complete which is awesome and very rare, someone starting from scratch won't have the trouble of hunting down every little piece and would be happy paying a lot for it.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 12:28:59 PM »
Last I checked, Lavender Dream Castle was consistently going over $300 with most accessories.

The accessories are quite elusive especially the goblets and the banner!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 09:02:49 PM »
Market has been pretty strange for this version.
In the last 3 months-
Came up 3X
Did not sell for even $200 with about 70% of the accessories.
The seller then tried to sell separately and they sat for almost a month at prices around $25 for 2-3 pieces.

About 6-8 months ago:
A single purple goblet sold for almost $400.
The same seller then sold another that went for about $50.
Someone has a purple goblet that has been listed for many months not moving at $400.

I have had 3 castles pass through my hands both about 70% complete I paid around $235 each. 1 of the castles cost me $35 without any accessories. Within the last 6 months I scored a large lot with about 70% of the accessories for $80- I now have a complete castle!

Currently I have a few pieces (Table, Basket & 1 flag) of the castle listed on e-bay and I have been trying to sell them for over 1 year off & on- they are not selling...

It might be best to try to sell it with a few accessories.
Sell the throne blanket, 2 goblets, cape, shoes and maybe the crown separately.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:08:39 PM by ChipsteRJ »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 09:14:46 PM »
i  sold all of my  assecroys for the Lav dream castle for 20-30.00  each.
my purple goblet sat for 2 weeks with no intrst at 20.00  with free shipping and finally sold.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal