collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 62347 times)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2019, 11:11:13 PM »
Yowzer! Someone must be remortgaging their house!

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2019, 12:22:26 AM »
Psst friends, I need help with gauging a fair price (especially if this seller is gonna list them) for MIB/MOC ponies! I'm looking for Bridal Beauty, Pony Bride, Rosy Love, Gardenglow, Flower Burst, Dainty and Flower Dream!

Also the listing quantity has gone down from 90 to 62 (so 28 listings have ended) so has anybody on here managed to buy something from them? (Also Sweet Scoops is over $2000 in Australian coin)
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2019, 02:05:34 AM »
I really have no idea about fair prices, I’m not much of a MIB/MOC collector. I am keeping an eye on the auctions though, I kind of want to buy one to say I got a piece of this amazing collection! Not sure if I’ll actually be able to afford anything though. I’m not picky as to who Imbid on if I do bid. :P

It is funny to me that baby firefly is currently more than sweet scoops! :lol: if it’s not a shill bidder or some sort of scam, someone reeeaalllyy wants her!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2019, 02:43:47 AM »
Wow, just totted-up the $$$ from the ponies SOLD so far, a few grand earned there!  :blink: :faint:
Then, looking at the ones still left to go... oh my!!!!  :lol:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2019, 03:19:48 AM »
I haven't looked at the end prices but I would suggest not using this as a gauge for mip prices!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2019, 04:22:48 AM »
I haven't looked at the end prices but I would suggest not using this as a gauge for mip prices!

Not all of the prices are going to be crazy. But as of right now, it is a gauge of demand, and that's what someone wanted to pay.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2019, 04:47:08 AM »

Not all of the prices are going to be crazy. But as of right now, it is a gauge of demand, and that's what someone wanted to pay.

That's why I said not to use it as a gauge. Because this scenario is a one off. It's impossible to value based on something like this, high OR low. I never said anything at all about them all going much higher. More likely some will go out of the ballpark and others will not reach their usual value because of distractions and people deciding what they can afford to bid on.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2019, 05:40:40 AM »

That's why I said not to use it as a gauge. Because this scenario is a one off. It's impossible to value based on something like this, high OR low. I never said anything at all about them all going much higher. More likely some will go out of the ballpark and others will not reach their usual value because of distractions and people deciding what they can afford to bid on.

When I said crazy, I was referring to the obvious baby firefly isn't worth $2,000. But the other ones that have ended aren't too outlandish imho.

Like all items, a pony is only worth what people want to pay for it.

Also flooding the market like this is going to keep some of the prices lower potentially. Those who are interested in buying MIB/MOC aren't going to be able to afford all of these in one go.

ETA: it seems like we agree tho. Just worded a different way.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:50:33 AM by banditpony »

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2019, 05:43:53 AM »

When I said crazy, I was referring to the obvious baby firefly isn't worth $2,000. But the other ones that have ended aren't too outlandish imho.

Also flooding the market like this is going to keep some of the prices lower potentially. Those who are interested in buying MIB/MOC aren't going to be able to afford all of these in one go.

So nobody atm can give a rough estimate?
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2019, 05:47:59 AM »

So nobody atm can give a rough estimate?

As I said. There's a lot of demand -- therefore the prices are going to be higher with these auctions. But that doesn't mean they are going to be off the charts either.

You'll have to make your judgement on what YOU want to pay. Because who knows the next time they are going to pop up for sale.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2019, 06:22:52 AM »
It's really always a case of what you are willing and able to pay. Value is really subjective with pony stuff :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2019, 07:16:09 AM »
This auction is going off crazy. Some prices are just absurd... Then again I suspect some people are willing to pay 1800 a pony. But still it is kinda weird.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2019, 09:54:47 AM »
It looks like the first batch of the auctions have ended/are ending.  I guess now we'll find out it the crazy prices were due to a bidding war or something else. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2019, 10:10:24 AM »
I’m going to bid on a few but I definitely have a set limit in mind but I think most of the auctions are going to go way out of my reach.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:15:50 AM by Noasar »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2019, 10:16:05 AM »
With ponies that come up MIB very rarely, it's just really hard to gauge.  With more common MOCs (if a MOC can be common, ha ha) like the TAF ponies or Glory etc, you can kind of see a baseline.  But if it's a once-in-a-blue-moon pony . . . it really just depends how many individuals see it / want it when it's for sale.

Sorry, this is super unhelpful, I know!

I guess an example would be if three people want Pony X very badly and they all bid accordingly, Pony X might sell for $200.  The next time she comes up, she might sell for $100 . . . but NOT because $200 was overpriced for her, but because last time three people were bidding for her, and this time only two people are bidding for her.

If it's a pony you haven't seen around in forever, or maybe ever, in MOC / MIB condition, then if it were me . . . I would just go crazy.  (I mean, without getting irresponsible and spending food or rent money obviously, lol.)  I would stalk that auction on the last day, on the last hour, wait until the literal last minute, and I would put in an absurdly high snipe.

Be sure to snipe (bid in the last minute), it can save you a LOT of money because a lot of people don't accurately gauge how much they're REALLY willing to spend on a pony.  If you bid two hours before the auction ends, the other bidders have the chance to hem and haw and justify spending more.  Never give them this opportunity, lol.  Bid in the last minute and drink their bitter tears.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal