collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 72102 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #690 on: June 09, 2023, 10:51:08 PM »
Updating a CV is sooo awful!
Trying to explain what you do everyday is >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #691 on: June 11, 2023, 06:54:44 AM »
Ugh, this day is not a good day and it isn't even 10am.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 12, 2023, 09:42:59 AM »
I’m currently looking for a new job, and have applied to anything I *might* be even remotely qualified for. I send the paperwork, get the automated “thank you for applying, we really care about you.” Email then…nothing. No callback, no rejection notice, absolutely radio silence. I pick up any phone call I get thinking it’s someone wanting to interview and it’s just the same scam calls I get every day, in the same computerized tone. The emails I get are from job-finding websites telling me about “how many searches you came up in” or “here’s 10 openings we think would be good for you” even though I applied to all of them before the website sent me those.
I was told growing up to do well in school, or else I’d end up working at McDonald’s. I did well in school, and can’t even get a call back from McDonald’s. It’s really frustrating  :pout:
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 12, 2023, 01:20:31 PM »
Why am I so tired that I spend more hours IN bed than out???
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 12, 2023, 04:01:03 PM »
I'm so glad we'll be shutting down to start moving in August.  The increase of "drop everything and get the stuff I was too lazy/stupid to put on hold like I'm supposed to" attitude is just pissing me off today.  There is a lobby FULL of people.  But since they're the ONLY ones that matter, we can just get their list because they "just looked it up and the computer says it's available."  So you know how to look up what you want but you're too dumb to push the bright orange "Place Hold" button?  Do you really think you're smart enough to understand the books you've requested if you can't even manage that?  We had four different people hand us LONG lists of stuff to go get and then they wondered why it took so long or why we didn't get them everything.

The stupid is growing and taking over here faster than the Smooze took over Dream Valley.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 12, 2023, 07:11:25 PM »
I know my mom probably doesn't mean to, but she has a way of taking the fun out of stuff I want to do.  I asked a while back if we could do something different than usual and my mom said we'd see.  Fast forward to Friday and my mom had to go see our dr.  I've been telling her that we don't have to do the thing I wanted if she isn't up to it.  Today she basically told me that she really doesn't want to the the thing I want to do at all.  She's only doing it because she feels like she has to.  Why does she say those kinds of things to me?  It's really taken a lot of the fun out of it. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #696 on: June 13, 2023, 05:57:08 AM »
No sleep for me. I don't get it. I went without sleep for days, then I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open for days, now I'm back to no sleep. This is not how it works, body, mind, whichever one of you is in charge. I just want to sleep like normal.

My body is very sore. It's hard walking. When I see my doctor again I'm going to ask her for a cane. If my insurance won't cover it, because they like to be that way, I'll just buy one.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 13, 2023, 03:52:09 PM »
^ BC, :hug: Insomnia sounds really annoying! :huh:
I myself have a slightly different "problem" with sleeping, because my sleep rhythm is messed up, but I'm already used to it and I live a little differently than "normal" people. For several years now, I have been awake at night and slept a few hours in the morning. When I don't have any chores/work or I don't have to go anywhere, I can even sleep all day. 

---

I'm sick. Flu. I hadn't even fully recovered from the previous flu! :pout: Now I have a bad cough that causes terrible pain in my head and on the right side of my body. Fortunately, the fever is gone and this time I haven't lost my voice!
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 14, 2023, 01:20:04 PM »
I'm sorry you're sick HOM. :hug:

I'm really overemotional today.  I'm crying over something that I shouldn't even be crying about.  I think it's a combination of a lot of things and it's just this minor thing that set me off.  I wish I could stop crying, but I can't seem to.

Ponyfan

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 14, 2023, 01:33:23 PM »
Ponyfan,  :hug: :heart:

:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 15, 2023, 05:53:36 AM »
I was having a rough night last night and took some medicine to help.  It made me really sleepy and groggy and I was looking forward to sleeping in this morning. My dad forgot to unset the house alarm though and it woke me up at 7 AM this morning.  I couldn't go back to sleep.  So now I'm up even though I don't really want to be,

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #701 on: June 15, 2023, 07:12:08 AM »
My legs are so bad, it's getting harder to get into the tub to take a shower. My bathtub is raised up and the side is higher than a regular tub. I'd say it's a good 2 inches higher. I have to hold onto the wall with one hand and lift my right leg up with the other, because I can't swing it up high enough. Getting out is usually not a problem because I can lean on the top of the side and climb out. Today I had a hard time though since my left leg didn't feel like lifting up, plus it hurt my back.

I swear, everything is getting worse. I missed the MRI on my head due to being in the hospital and I don't see the neurologist again until November. I'm seeing her for my back but because of the headaches I'm getting, she wants to look at my brain. I feel like I'm going to end up in a wheelchair before I can get an MRI on my back and find out what's wrong.

I had strongly suspected I had MS. I tick all the boxes for it. My doctor told me it would have shown up on past MRIs I've had of my brain but I'm still dubious.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 15, 2023, 03:26:32 PM »
:hug:  :hug:  BC

I tried to renew my membership at the bookstore yesterday.  It's due in July, but I was trying to take care of it early because I have a major event coming up that month and the last thing I needed to be worrying about around that time is a bookstore membership.  I got one of my favorite cashiers at the bookstore and she did everything she could to help me so this isn't about her personally, it's about the system.  The cashier noticed that I only had one book to buy yesterday and I told her it was because I was planning on renewing my membership.  In the past, you could renew it at anytime even if it was a few months early, because I did that the year my mom had knee surgery.  The cashier started the process to renew my membership and told me I needed to put it on a credit card. I put my card in the card reader, but when she tried to process it, she said it didn't charge.  This also meant that she couldn't give me the "free" membership gift I was entitled to because it wouldn't scan for free.  I got a email though, thanking me for upgrading my membership and that my membership should renew automatically sometime within the next month.  If I understand the email correctly, this will happen without me needing to do anything else.  Now I'm waiting for the email that says my membership has been renewed successfully. 

Not only was the bookstore a bit sneaky about the benefits of the paid vs free program, but they have also put in their terms that if let the membership lapse, you can't renew it later.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 03:40:26 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #703 on: June 16, 2023, 02:54:08 PM »
You go to Books a Million, don't you? I was in their membership program once upon a time. They had a lot of problems though and I only had it active for three years. I did get three book totes though, and significant discounts... when it worked.

--

My neighbor was throwing a fit again. It's been a while since she had one. She was banging on the walls or banging something ON the wall. It was quite loud and scaring my cat and making me feel uneasy. I turned on Spotify and ran it through my soundbar. I listen to heavy/death metal, so it was enough to drown out the noise. Then later when I went into my bedroom, I could hear HER music through the wall. I guess she thought mine was too loud and decided to turn hers on too. I wouldn't mind but her TV or sound system is right on the other side of the head of my bed. She's turned it on while I've been sleeping and woken me up. So I turned mine down and a little while later off. Last I checked hers was off. But you know, I wouldn't have run it to my soundbar, which is way louder than my laptop speakers, if she hadn't been banging and making noise.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 16, 2023, 06:45:25 PM »
Barnes and Noble, but Books a Million bought B and N a while back.  That explains why the membership program changed this year.  The free gift I was supposed to get was a tote bag.  I read through the terms and conditions and it says I can get the tote bag anytime after I can prove that my membership renewed.  The main reason I was getting it was the discount on books because I felt like by the time I saved 10% off of each book, I saved more than I paid for the membership.   I'm going to give it some time and see what happens and it if there's problems or I don't feel like it's worth the increased cost this time, I'm going to cancel it.  On top of all that after they told me that it didn't go through one of the other cashiers said if I had waited until the next day to try to renew it, that it probably would have worked in the store and I would have gotten the tote bag.  I've had so much on my mind and my health has been so up and down lately, that I didn't really think about what day I was trying to renew my membership.

I'm sorry your neighbor was being so annoying and noisy. :hug:

I'm so tired, I feel like all of the energy has drained out of my body.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 06:52:36 PM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal