collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gravity Falls is ending  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
Gravity Falls is ending
« on: November 21, 2015, 11:45:18 AM »
So it was announced that Gravity Falls will end for good at the end of Season 2.  There's only 2 episodes remaining.

http://shmalexsmirsch.tumblr.com/post/133619326491/goodbye-gravity-falls

I was a late fan, only getting into the show partway through season 2 (so I had to go back and re-watch everything), but I really enjoyed the series. For the long time fans of the show, what are your thoughts? Personally, I'm very grateful they're ending it where they are. As it was said, it was meant to be one summer, and it can't go on forever. Let it conclude on a high note, instead of going on forever and losing it's appeal, like so many other shows. It's so rare we see cartoon series complete their storylines. Far too many derail, or are cancelled before the arc is finished (Young Justice for example...) I think it's a good place to stop, as the story is finished.  What do you think? Happy or sad we're saying goodbye to the Pines?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Gravity Falls is ending
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 11:53:54 AM »
I knew this day would come. The show is about two kids spending the summer with a relative, just a summer...so...yeah.

Still, this is an amazing show that I'll miss and I'm glad that it will have a definite end, not a rushed "oh God we're being canceled" end. I'll definitely have to get all the episodes on DVD!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 12:02:44 PM »
It won't be rushed, cause it's not a cancelling, it's an ending of choice. The last ep is a full hour finale, so I think it's going to be awesome.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 12:10:04 PM »
It won't be rushed, cause it's not a cancelling, it's an ending of choice. The last ep is a full hour finale, so I think it's going to be awesome.

Haha, I know. That's why I said I'm glad that it won't have a rushed ending. I'm sure the finale will be great!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 01:01:14 PM »
I'm sad to hear it's almost over, but honestly, I think it's really great that they're sticking to the original "just one summer" plan and not keeping it going because "it's popular".

And hey, the end of the show doesn't necessarily mean we'll never see the Pines family again. They could always do more stories in book/comic form; I seem to remember the creators of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" put out a series of graphic novels that served as kind of an epilogue to the series. I'd love to see something like that for Gravity Falls.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 09:21:18 PM »

Haha, I know. That's why I said I'm glad that it won't have a rushed ending. I'm sure the finale will be great!

Ah, forgive me, I missed that word. ^^;  But yah, it's looking to be good. I just have to wait to find it online.

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 11:59:38 PM »
A good story has to know when to end itself. It is a lot better than dragging it on and on and on.

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 12:52:33 AM »
Aww man! Sorry to hear but like you, I'm not surprised. Although it's really nice to know that it will have a real ending compared to so many other shows, especially kids' shows, that just ends without viewers really being aware. I can't wait for the DVD's!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 03:58:51 AM »
That's sad. It was a neat show.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 12:18:20 PM »
I'm sad to hear it, but I'm not surprised; I'd been suspecting it for a while (since there were so few episodes left in the season, and we hadn't heard anything about a third season). I'm glad it's ending at a good point and it isn't going to be dragged on forever! I'm excited to see the finale :) Although I think it still hasn't entirely sunk in for me that it's nearly over.. it probably won't until it actually ends ^^;;

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 12:25:09 PM »
I'm not a Gravity Falls fan (I don't go near Disney channel unless there's an old school movie on) but reading the thread and how its about kids having adventures during the summer and how its ending by choice, it maycome back....

Just putting my 2 cents in  :satisfied:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 02:43:18 AM »
Saw the finale today!  Cried ALL the tears.  Man.  Awesome series!  I kind of wanna get the tie-in books, I'm such a big kid  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal