collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who are your favorite musicians?  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who are your favorite musicians?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 09:37:10 AM »
Enya
Deep Forest
Delerium
Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks ("Planets of the Universe" is the best song EVER, you guys)
The Cranberries
Sinead O'Connor

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 09:39:02 AM »
Let's see. This varies a lot but the staples are:

HIM
AFI
Kamelot
Metsatöll (a friend on tumblr got me into them and I love them)
Hanson
Depeche Mode
Placebo
Queen
Orphaned Land
Rammstein

I used to be very fond of Nightwish but their singer shenanigans have rather effectively killed my enthusiam. :/

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 12:32:37 PM »
It should be pretty obvious based on my screen name and avatar: The Beatles!  They are my absolute favorites of all time.  There is just something so amazing about them!  I also love the grand majority of the solo stuff each Beatle did after the band broke up.

My other favorites include Crosby Stills and Nash/Crosby Stills Nash and Young, the Grateful Dead, Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers, James Taylor, the Police, the Monkees, Peter Frampton, Billy Joel, the Doors, Supertramp, Herman's Hermits, and Peter and Gordon, among others.  I'm probably forgetting a few, but these are my favorites!  I also like a lot of J-Pop and J-Rock bands.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »

HIM
AFI
Kamelot
Hanson
Depeche Mode
Placebo
Queen
Orphaned Land
Rammstein

I used to be very fond of Nightwish but their singer shenanigans have rather effectively killed my enthusiam. :/
Metsatöll is Estonian band and I live in Estonia :D Great to know that ppl outside also know our little country's band ;) I don't listen to that band, but they got some good and relatively famous songs.
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 01:06:08 PM »
The Doors
The Beatles
Frank Zappa
Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band
Postmodern Jukebox
T. Rex
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
The B-52's
Alice Cooper

Wow this list is really random...
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

flyawayraven

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »

HIM
AFI
Kamelot
Hanson
Depeche Mode
Placebo
Queen
Orphaned Land
Rammstein

Metsatöll is Estonian band and I live in Estonia :D Great to know that ppl outside also know our little country's band ;) I don't listen to that band, but they got some good and relatively famous songs.

:frolic: They're rapidly becoming one of my favorite bands! I think it's really neat how they use Estonian folklore and traditional instruments in their music. Learning about other countries is always fascinating for me. :)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 12:15:46 AM »
Emilie Autumn is my all time favourite singer/musician  :lovey:

I love Emilie SO MUCH! I have seen her in concert twice, it was magical. :lovey: I am very eagerly awaiting The Devil's Carnival 2, she is reprising her role as the Painted Doll! (The filmmakers of TDC are two of my most favorite filmmakers, too.) I actually noticed your FLAG flag in your collection photos, I love it!

HIM
AFI
Kamelot
Hanson
Depeche Mode
Placebo
Queen
Orphaned Land
Rammstein

The singer shenanigans (apt phrasing) have really gone a long way to kill my enthusiasm for Nightwish too (it's knocked them off my top favorites list for sure, I just can't deny how much I ADORE most of the Tarja-era stuff, and even a few more recent songs here and there that weren't ruined by Anette's horrible singing voice), but you should give them another chance when/if they release anything with the NEW singer, Floor Jansen. I saw them in concert with Floor singing, and it was just wonderful! They even played Ghost Love Score, for the first time in a long while they said, and Floor totally did its majesty justice. Fun fact, the opening band at that show was Kamelot! They were super good too, my friend liked them more than Nightwish even (which is who we'd come to see), haha.

My absolute top favorites, in no order, are:

Marilyn Manson
Otep
Evanescence (Amy Lee)
Emilie Autumn
HIM
Within Temptation

And I am DEEPLY enamoured with a local musician named Lacy Rose - she really reminds me of Emilie Autumn, though Lacy is a piano player instead of a violinist (she does have violinists and cellists play on her songs, though). Just like Emilie, Lacy is inspired by classic literature and gothic themes - she actually calls a lot of her songs "Ghost Music", inspired by spirits. :) She's not as industrial as EA, but she is an excellent lyricist and pianist, and her voice is AMAZING. I feel every EA fan should check her out: http://lacyrosemusic.com/music
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:21:44 AM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 06:38:55 AM »
Rammstein has been and always will be my favorite band, quite sure of it <3  Other favorites include Eisbrecher, OOMPH!, and HIM.  I really liked Lacuna Coil before all of their songs started sounding the same.  Strangely enough with my general musical preferences, I consider Bon Jovi to be my cheerleader in life ;)

flyawayraven

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 08:34:50 AM »
The singer shenanigans (apt phrasing) have really gone a long way to kill my enthusiasm for Nightwish too (it's knocked them off my top favorites list for sure, I just can't deny how much I ADORE most of the Tarja-era stuff, and even a few more recent songs here and there that weren't ruined by Anette's horrible singing voice), but you should give them another chance when/if they release anything with the NEW singer, Floor Jansen. I saw them in concert with Floor singing, and it was just wonderful! They even played Ghost Love Score, for the first time in a long while they said, and Floor totally did its majesty justice. Fun fact, the opening band at that show was Kamelot! They were super good too, my friend liked them more than Nightwish even (which is who we'd come to see), haha.

I'll have to agree to disagree, because I really like both Tarja and Anette. :) They each had their own strengths which they brought to the music. I feel like poor Anette also was unfairly dumped on simply for not being Tarja.

Really what ultimately killed my enthusiasm for Nightwish was not Anette, but her firing which was an exact repeat of the whole fiasco with Tarja. Finding out some of the politics and dynamics in the band in the wake of that was a real eye opener, and not in a positive way.

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 08:52:30 AM »
Trent Reznor - Nine Inch Nails <3

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

FluttershyMama

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »
Fall Out Boy.
Blink 182.
Paramore.
Katy Perry.

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 12:00:55 PM »
Oh, nice topic! Although I'm more into metal and rock I do love singer-songwriters a lot - my absolute favourite is Passenger, I love his voice and the little stories in his songs.

Bands like Blink 182, The Offspring and Greenday still cheer me up every time I get the CD in, they make me feel like I'm 15 years younger but also Volbeat, Subway to Sally and for about 15 years I've been a big fan of Barenaked Ladies. Quite a wild mix of likes I know :))

Send via Tapatalk on my Galaxy - blame autocorrect for every mistake ;)

:biggrin:  There is always space for more ponies  :biggrin:
My wantlist http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358238.0.html

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 12:16:49 PM »
Oh, it varies from time to time; I go through phases even with my taste in music. :blush: I'm currently listening the most to; Avicii, Ellie Goulding and Flo Rida. These three have their own individual playlist on my iTunes so I play them over and over depending on my current mood. Other than those I also enjoy; The Killers, The All American Rejects, Takida, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson and Nicki Minaj.

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 01:59:20 PM »
I mainly listen to J-Pop:

S/mileage *the best*
Morning Musume '14
Juice=Juice
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

izabel89

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 10:52:26 PM »
I like Michael Jackson also. I listen to lots of Japanese music (mostly pop) but I don't have any favorites.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal