collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 487
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Anybody else like Barbie movies?  (Read 2887 times)

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
Anybody else like Barbie movies?
« on: April 13, 2012, 08:10:11 PM »
Ok, I feel totally weird right now.  I bought 2 Barbie movies for my daughter on sale for $5 each, and I actually enjoy them.  I want to watch more!  I know I liked the Nutcracker (I think that was the first one they did, and there weren't many Christmas movies I knew of that had such wonderful music for kids like that one).  I got her The Princess and the Pauper and ... the Pegasus... one... :P  I'm too lazy to get up and look at the cover.  I actually really enjoyed them.  There were a few animation things that bugged me (mainly when two characters come in contact with each other... always looked kinda wonky) but the stories were engaging, and the songs were fantastic (imho).  Am I crazy or are there other Barbie movie fans out there?

I've seen some of the others play on satellite, and now I want to buy a whole set of them.  My daughter watched the previews with her eyes practically bugging out of her head with the fairies and the mermaids and whatnot.  Anybody know if you can buy a whole set of them?  Are they usually cheaper to find now?  And does anyone know if the newer made ones are any good (I'm mostly interested in the princess-y, fantasy type ones because... well... I like stories like that, haha)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: Anybody else like Barbie movies?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 10:10:59 PM »
I've never seen any of them because I'd be too embarrassed to. I remember wanting so bad to play the horse-themed Barbie computer games but they were Barbie so.....yeah. I have kinda wanted to see the movie that has a purple dragon though. I have a plushie of it.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Flutter_Valley

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:15:21 AM »
Ok, I feel totally weird right now.  I bought 2 Barbie movies for my daughter on sale for $5 each, and I actually enjoy them.  I want to watch more!  I know I liked the Nutcracker (I think that was the first one they did, and there weren't many Christmas movies I knew of that had such wonderful music for kids like that one).  I got her The Princess and the Pauper and ... the Pegasus... one... :P  I'm too lazy to get up and look at the cover.  I actually really enjoyed them.  There were a few animation things that bugged me (mainly when two characters come in contact with each other... always looked kinda wonky) but the stories were engaging, and the songs were fantastic (imho).  Am I crazy or are there other Barbie movie fans out there?

I've seen some of the others play on satellite, and now I want to buy a whole set of them.  My daughter watched the previews with her eyes practically bugging out of her head with the fairies and the mermaids and whatnot.  Anybody know if you can buy a whole set of them?  Are they usually cheaper to find now?  And does anyone know if the newer made ones are any good (I'm mostly interested in the princess-y, fantasy type ones because... well... I like stories like that, haha)
I ahve watched them all and all of them so far there well worth watching there always full of adventure and amazing and hiliarous charecters so far they are
  • Barbie in the Nutcracker (2001) In order to save the nutcracker from the evil Mouse King, Barbie and the Nutcracker must find the magical princess.
  • Barbie as Rapunzel (2002) Barbie is an artist who paints her way out of a castle to save her prince. she trys to find her real father.
  • Barbie of Swan Lake (2003) Based on the fairytale, Barbie is turned into a swan.
  • Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper (2004) Modern retelling and first Barbie musical. Barbie swaps places with a twin of herself.To save her kingdom.
  • Barbie: Fairytopia (2005) Barbie is the only one without wings making her the only one who can save Fairytopia.
  • Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus (2005) Barbie stars a girl that meets a Pegasus, and together they save the kingdom. And try to find the wand of magic.
  • The Barbie Diaries (2006) Barbie is a teenage girl with a magical diary.
  • Barbie: Mermaidia (2006) The sequel to Fairytopia. Barbie must save her merman friend, Prince Nalu, in Mermaidia.
  • Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses (2006) Barbie is a girl with eleven sisters and they all love ballet.
  • Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow (2007) The third Fairytopia movie. Barbie loves her wings but is challenged when she has to save her home from ten years of terrible winter.
  • Barbie as the Island Princess (2007) Barbie stars as a princess who grew up on an island.And finds her mom.
  • Barbie Mariposa (2008)The first butterfly fairy movie. Mariposa goes on a quest to save the queen.
  • Barbie and the Diamond Castle (2008) Barbie and her best friend, Theresa, tell Barbie's younger sister, Stacey, a story about friendship. Barbie and Theresa star as Lianna and Alexa, who, with the help of two musicians, Jeremy and Ian, the three muses' assistant, Melody, and two puppies, Sparkles and Lily, save their land from the evil muse( Lydia) and her sidekick, Slider the Serpent.
  • Barbie in a Christmas Carol (2008) Barbie's first Christmas movie. Based on the original story, a spoiled and hard-hearted opera singer learns a lesson from her aunt who raised her and three mysterious, but friendly ghosts.
  • Barbie Thumbelina (2009) Barbie stars in a movie about the classic tiny fairy. Thumbelina, with the help of a spoiled young girl, named McKenna, saves her hometime from being destroyed by construction workers planning to build a factory.
  • Barbie and the Three Musketeers (2009) Barbie stars as a girl, named Corinne, who lives on a farm with her mother. However, it has always been Corinne's dream to become a muskateer, like her father. When her mother decides that she is old enough to try to fulfill her dream, Corinne travels to Paris, France, with her horse, Alexander, and kitten, Myette. In Paris, nearly everyone thinks being a muskateer is a man's job, but Corinne meets three other girls who share her dream and also a skilled and agile woman secretly trains the four of them to be muskateers. Later, the four girls' skills are put to the test when they figure out that someone is plotting against Prince Louis.
  • Barbie in A Mermaid Tale (2010) Barbie finds out that her mother is a mermaid and that she needs to save her mother from the evil queen of Oceania.
  • Barbie: A Fashion Fairy Tale (2010) When Barbie goes to Paris, her Aunt Millcent's shop, Millicent's, is going out of business. With the help from some magical friends, can she help save the shop?
  • 2011-2012
    • Barbie: A Fairy Secret (2011) Barbie goes on a fairy adventure to save Ken, her boyfriend.
    • Barbie: Princess Charm School (2011) Barbie is chosen to study at a princess school and discovers something about herself that, before, she never would have imagined possible.
    • Barbie A Camping We Will Go (2011) (short 5 minute movie) Barbie and her sisters go camping in the wilderness.
    • Barbie: A Perfect Christmas (2011) When Barbie and her sisters think their Christmas is ruined, things change for the better and they actually end up having the best Christmas ever, also learning what Christmas is really all about.
    • Barbie in A Mermaid Tale 2 (2012) Barbie returns to Oceania where her kingdom is in danger. On land, she is kicking it in the waves. With her new rival Kylie
    cant wait for the newest one to come out i find teh title fun
    Barbie: The Princess and the Popstar (2012) A princess named Tori trades places with a popstar named Keira. This is a sequel to Barbie in The Princess and The Pauper
    as for if you can buy them all im not sure i know you can buy like sets of four and so on but im not much help there im afraid ...but i say its worth it ive started watching them when they first came out since i was 9/10 i think and ive been watching them since XD

Post Merge: April 14, 2012, 02:16:34 AM

I've never seen any of them because I'd be too embarrassed to. I remember wanting so bad to play the horse-themed Barbie computer games but they were Barbie so.....yeah. I have kinda wanted to see the movie that has a purple dragon though. I have a plushie of it.
Thats Brbie as Rapunzel the purple dragon is cal;led Penelope she her best friend XD and i love her in the movie

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
I've seen the Rupunzel one!  She has a magic paintbrush!  I remember thinking the writers were so creative in how they depicted the story!  Man, I think I'll have to locate some of these for cheap (cause it'd be pricey buying them all at $20 each, haha)!

wishlist/adoptables

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 09:25:53 AM »
Okay, you caught me. I about fell in LOVE with Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses! I was never even a huge fan of Barbie as a kid, I mean I had a bunch of barbies and stuff but they were never special to me, I NEVER watched any movies or anything with Barbie in them as a kid, never. But I watched 12 Dancing Princesses randomly at someone's house over the holidays the Christmas (or maybe Thanksgiving) before last and omg. I also enjoyed the Princess and the Pauper.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:36:34 AM »
Oh I LOVE the Barbie movies!  I really need to go buy "Mermaid Tale 2"...the first one was one of my faves.  I wasn't a huuuuuge fan of the movies where they changed Barbie's voice actress (I think it started with Fashion Fairytale or something).  It was great when they got Kelly Sheridan back for Mermaid Tale 2!! ^_^

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
I can't stand Barbie but you guys are making me curious.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 02:42:44 PM »
DD has them all and loves them.  Hubby can't stand them, I like them.  Hate letting DD watch 3 Muskeeters as she gets WAAY overstimulated and imitates them.
:socks:   :frog:

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 03:47:39 PM »
I saw a few and I thought they were surprisingly entertaining. I came home one day to find my mom fervently watching the Princess Charm School one on TV while my 2-year-old niece (whom she no doubt tuned into the show for) was playing on her own, completely uninterested lol.

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 03:08:33 PM »
My 7 year old watches them and me and my husband actually like them too. My favorite is Mariposa, and Lizzy's favorites are Barbie and the 3 Musketeers and Mermaids Tale. I actually like the villians, they have a variety of personalities and are much prettier then the always pink Barbie. My favorite scene is in Mermaidia, where the prince is tricking the goblins in going in a circle. There is nothing wrong with liking movies that aren't typical of your age or your gender. If you like something no one has the right to say you're wrong in liking it. You can always watch them when you're with people you trust or alone if it embarrasses you. Never deny yourself who you are.

Offline sabathamk

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 12:51:49 PM »
Thank you everyone!  Yes... I have been trying to find some of these on Youtube and caught the first few minutes of Mermaidia... but can't find the rest of it anywhere... it looks so interesting!  We love mermaids in this house, so I'm thinking we'll buy it next time we find it.  :)  The three muskateers didn't interest me much, but it sounds more interesting now that you mention how much your daughter loves it, haha.  I'm thinking I'd like to get the Christmassy ones since we have no Christmas movies in our house currently.  I just watched Princess Charm School this weekend and it was fantastic!  I love the little fairies, haha.

Thanks again!  I am thinking we are going to have a pink dvd shelf in our house before long, haha (much to the chagrin of my spouse... although with the amount of Star Wars, Transformers, and X-men right now I think he has no right to complain, lol).

wishlist/adoptables

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 06:16:28 PM »
I'm a total fan of the Barbie movies.  The music is ALWAYS awesome, and they are just fun movies.  Like cotton candy . . .  light, fluffy, soo bad for you but so much fun! 
You can usually get them in the $5 bin at WM or Target, or in 2-for-$10 double packs, and they have them on and off as promos with the dolls in the toy section at maybe $10ish each.  Honestly though, hit up your local library before buying them.  Some are better then others, and some are aimed at an older audience then others.  They keep changing which audience they want to target, which is funny in and of itself.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 10:39:35 PM »
Don't forget about the Barbie and Rockers cartoon movie that came out in the 80's. Look for it on youtube. 
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 06:22:21 AM »
I haven't seen them, but they definitely caught my eye :D
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 07:40:20 AM »
not a barbie fan, unless i find some cheap to sale:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal