collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have a good support system with your collecting?  (Read 13122 times)

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a good support system with your collecting?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 12:01:35 AM »
My mum somewhat supports my pony and MH collection... if there's something she wants, she might buy it, but usually it comes out of my own money. Sisterling is indifferent, sometimes gives me a little tease about it. Rest of family don't know.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
My family have always been fine with it, and have positively encouraged it at times in the past, too. Sister doesn't actively collect any more but still has playing-with-ponies moments (the other day she was making patterns with various versions of Applejack just because she was bored...

I have ponies in my uni room and nobody has made any comment on it yet either way, but I don't think it's particularly a problem there. Everyone's pretty diverse anyway, so it's just another thing like that. In fact, some of my online friends from a non-pony site are starting to get into G4 and driving me nuts by spamming me with clips from the show and pictures and stuff like they just discovered the holy grail xDD. It's quite sweet but a bit bewildering having folk who were all like, "meh, ponies" a few months ago suddenly quoting Pinkie Pie all over the place.

I dunno  -I think maybe new MLP has made MLP more mainstream acceptable (though I still haven't decided whether I like it that way yet?)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 12:52:12 PM »
Some of my family and some friends understand it. My mom and my friend helped me find some ponies at the flea market on Sunday. Others probably think I'm crazy. But I'm happy collecting ponies as there are so many different ones to collect.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 01:29:14 PM »
I am incredibly lucky and incredibly spoiled lol
My husband is a huge support and has bought me several ponies including nirvanas.
My parents are always on the lookup and every year they ship over the advent calendar from Denmark.
My sisters and inlaws have bought me ponies for christmas, friends and workmates have brought stuff back from abroad and also saved their McD ponies for me and my best friend, who is into Warhammer has done several symbol touch ups for me.

The only thing that noone seems to get is the waking up in the middle of the night to win an auction lol

Always looking for MLP erasers

MissSleepless

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »
Yeah I guess I do. I get a little flak from spending too much from my folks and my fella.
But then I get a phonecall saying they've seen this doll here here or they've picked up ponies for me there, or there was a Transformer in this place xD

I've encouraged my boyfriend to bring out some of his old collections and expand on them, and in return he's supportive of mine and helps me out with it.

I also have a few friends who work in charity shops and the moment ponies come in the tell me :D

And then there's the Arena too. But on the whole, yeah I have a good one. And I consider myself lucky for it because I know not everyone is so fortunate...although I think most of them put it down to me being the  mad arty type or something. :P

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 06:33:12 PM »
This is what my friends and family think my house would look like, if I lived alone; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mqtGECIT3I

I've got almost everything in storage now, but my room used to have ponies everywhere.  I can't say I have anyone who really supports my collecting.  They just tolerate it =P

cesprins

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2012, 07:34:32 PM »
Mom and beau both think I'm a little nutsy, but don't really mind. I prefer to do all the pony hunting myself. If I asked anyone they'd be too embarrassed to go in the toy section bringing them to the cash register.

I've never had a problem with that, but I can understand how most other normal people might.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »
This is what my friends and family think my house would look like, if I lived alone; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mqtGECIT3I

I've got almost everything in storage now, but my room used to have ponies everywhere.  I can't say I have anyone who really supports my collecting.  They just tolerate it =P
*looks around my room* Nope, don't look like that at-aaaaalllll....

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 01:52:18 AM »
My guy tolerates the shelves of ponies and dolls and stuff but he is not so crazy about me spending money on them. He would rather I spend money on sensible things first since right now I am studying so he is the only one working. Luckily I try to trade when I can and I also try to get things cheaply like at thrift stores or on clearance.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 07:31:05 AM »
Everyone tells me they support me...but they have a hard time with it. G4's I can go buy 1 a month to save money. I sometimes wait until a special day to get them....but sadly no one likes to get me pony. So they say yes we support you but we wont buy you any....:P
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 08:38:05 AM »
I have enablers on all sides! Even my neighbors bring me ponies! :lovey

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 01:49:28 PM »
We collect together! Our friends think we're crazy but sweet and most of them love the ponies!!!

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »
My partner is an absolute darling about it and is constantly on the look out for ponies (he has a list in his wallet too!). He only casually prods me when the paypal bill gets too high ^^; His parents haven't seen my office, but they heard about my love of the ponies and my mother-in-law started to look around for things for me! My auntie and mom think it's cute and they sent me a box of my old ponies, though I suspect I'd get some weird looks if they saw how many I've accumulated!

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 04:02:13 PM »
My husband is..um..tolerant of the ponies, so long as I don't spend a whole lot of money on them...lol. He thinks it's weird that I like them so much, and actually thinks my Breyer horses are a better collection..even though they are WAY more expensive than ponies! LOLOL

My mom is a collector, and also a bad influence because she gets great ponies for me all the time. 
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2012, 04:40:07 PM »
I have enablers on all sides! Even my neighbors bring me ponies! :lovey

My boss has gotten to the point where she's seen enough of my WIP pictures and finally asked the other day, "If I find ponies at the thrift store, do you want me to get them for you and bring them in?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal