collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Curious: how did you choose your user name?  (Read 22795 times)

Tyler

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Curious: how did you choose your user name?
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2012, 12:35:57 AM »
Tyler is my frist name

Asphodel

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »
I'm obsessed with wild flowers and "weeds", because they always look so happy and random  :lol:
I'm also obsessed with ancient greek mythology, and the Asphodel features a bit in that (although kind of in a depressing way), and well, I *love* flowers, and I'm mostly happy and random, but sometimes I'm not so sunny... so I'm Asphodel.  ^.^

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2012, 07:47:53 PM »
When I was three or four, I used to draw her over and over, played as her in pretend games, and often daydreamed about her. She remained with me to this day, hardly changed from when I first thought her up- of course, her name changed a million times since I could never think of the perfect name for her- it's a very important decision.

When I was 12, I was drawing a picture of the universe, and the name "Star Dragon" came up- something that I attached myself to immediately and began calling my character Star Dragon (it is a title, not a name, since I still can't decide the perfect name for her- like, "the" Star Dragon). Seven and a half years later, I am still calling her Star Dragon, and she still does not have a name.

So that is the story behind my character, of which my username is named after. ^.^

Offline Chai

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • yoga pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2012, 02:49:57 PM »
I like chai tea. :3 I'm chaitea over at the TP, and one or the other at various places around the internet.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to sunnyrain for my avatar and sweetmelons for my sig.

Offline dIGITS

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »
it was so much fun to read through these! 
i have several names at other forums and they all come about fairly randomly... but i think i tend to use dIGITS most often.  sort of from a variety of reasons...

1) i like the word
2) i have a love-hate relationship with numbers-- my father is a mathematician and my mother was also a math major and i suck at everything dealing with numbers... yet... i have this strange affinity towards them... "Pi" is among my favourite movies ;)
4) i used to sign my early online xangas with things like "musicmatchmath" "minusplusminusme" and one of my top 3 bands at the time was also "Your American Math"... oh and i also wrote this hilariously terrible rap about washing hands at the same time (during my first job) and the soap we used was "digits"...so dIGITS pretty much summed everything up.

so.. i've been dIGITS in various places since about 16.  <3

edit to add:
fun fact-- at the mlptp forum i'm Three_to_one which was another number related screen name (though that one also dealt with the heavier issue of overly-excessive weight loss/near anorexia i was dealing with in my angsty teen years)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:25:36 PM by dIGITS »
actively seeking Takara pony fakies

Offline JaguarKisses

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • JaguarKisses Customs
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2012, 04:40:43 PM »
My friends used to call me jaguar in school because I have always loved them, and was always talking about them. Then I was trying to fill out the information when it came to a log in and my husband said kisses as in he wanted a kiss and I just typed it in and hit send, and it stuck from there.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2012, 12:38:34 PM »
I like hyeans and am s child at heart.  Thus: hyanacub  XD  Or just "cub" or "cubby" as others call me XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »
I've always tended to stick with one username across forums, instead of having a tailor-made name for each fandom. For many years I used "venusboi", since my friends would refer to me as "the love deity" (for many reasons). I've also always been a fan of mythology, especially Greco-Roman mythology, and associated myself with Eros, Aphrodite and Dionysus.

Anyway, shortly before joining the Arena, I decided I needed something a bit more up to date (I'm old enough where "boy" and "boi" are just stretching it), but still a nod to my old nickname. I have red hair, and decided on crimsondeity. Of course, that gets shortened to just "crimson" most of the time. Darn forum posters, not respecting my AWESOME powers! :P

Kaapelikala

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2012, 03:30:28 PM »
I got mine from the first letter of my first name and my last name. That spells "kalanen", which means a little fish in Finnish. Combined with the fact that I am almost always surrounded by wires, cables and such it was natural to make the name as "Kaapelikala" which means "Cable Fish" in Finnish.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2012, 08:13:08 PM »
I make cakes, cookies, cupcakes, chocolates etc. in my spare time.  I picked buttercream because it's my favourite icing (fondant is pretty, and very trendy, but it doesn't taste good).  I guess it kind of describes the stuff I make.

I was trying to come up with a business name at the time, but putting way too much though into it.  In the end, I liked my name here, and decided to use it for business as well.

[img2]http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4104/4839224137_5f3cd73d5b.jpg[/img2]
[img2]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2731/5721111734_3418b2d636.jpg[/img2]

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2012, 08:18:05 PM »
Mine is simple, I was born in April (and my last name has to do with rocks LOL), it was also longer when we first joined a Pony board but got shortened when we came here and shorter again when my other half became legal age for her own account.  My other nick was already taken here, but I go by Rocket everywhere else that is not pony doms.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2012, 03:00:14 AM »
Gypsy is one of my favorite ponies!  And I am a horrible night owl!  Maybe even as far as to say a morning owl because its actually 5am right now and I havn't gone to bed yet! :P   When I say horrible I mean Horrible!!  There is a reason for it though.  My husband has a night job and I am a stay at home mom right now so we don't put the kids to bed until 12 or 1 am.  Our kids are 1 and 2 years old.  And I stay up late after that.  And on the days my hubby has off he stays up nearly all night so I stay up with him.  Make sense?  Or do you think I'm crazy?  Everyone asks "what are you going to do when the kids go to school?"  Obviously their schedules will be slowly adjusted to match.  Where eventually they will go to bed at like 8 pm.
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline dIGITS

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2012, 07:48:22 AM »
I make cakes, cookies, cupcakes, chocolates etc. in my spare time.  I picked buttercream because it's my favourite icing (fondant is pretty, and very trendy, but it doesn't taste good).  I guess it kind of describes the stuff I make.

I was trying to come up with a business name at the time, but putting way too much though into it.  In the end, I liked my name here, and decided to use it for business as well.

[img2]http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4104/4839224137_5f3cd73d5b.jpg[/img2]
[img2]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2731/5721111734_3418b2d636.jpg[/img2]

beautiful cakes and thank god someone else believes in the beauty and taste of buttercream over fondant!  <3  i will never go fondant when buttercream tastes so good!!!! =)... though it's been a year or two since i've decorated any cakes... :\
actively seeking Takara pony fakies

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »

I've been obsessed by foxes for years and consider them my spirit-animal.
It all started with the fox in the kids book "The Little Prince", hence my nickname Little Fox that I have used for the last 10 years or so. The story about the boy and the little fox is so beautiful and it always touches me even today, everytime I read it. I also love to have a nick that conjures up an image of a beautiful intelligent animal that is a bit "naughty".

So it defenitely has a deep meaning to me..

Offline MimicMLP

• ~Non-Picky Pony Collector~
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • MimicMLP's Sales
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
Mimic is my favorite pony (well actually she is my moms favorite and took her on as my own lol)
and Mimic was already taken so i just added MLP at the end which im sure is pretty self explanitory. lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal