collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What does this ebay message mean?  (Read 830 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
What does this ebay message mean?
« on: September 14, 2015, 07:11:59 PM »
Hey all,

I bought some flea preventive for my cats recently from a seller on ebay. I got my order and everything but now this message shows in my order history:

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."
"This user is no longer registered on eBay."

There's nothing on ebay that explains what this means and no information as to why this listing was removed. Can anyone shed light on what triggers this sort of message and how to find out more info?

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What does this ebay message mean?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 07:17:52 PM »
it's kind of a generic message, I think? Like, if a seller has a lot of the same thing listed, and takes them down, anyone who already ordered might get that message?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 07:28:34 PM »
Sounds like the listing was removed (and the seller's account terminated) because of some sort of policy violation. Perhaps they were selling off-brand products but labeling them as *insert brand here*?

I remember way back when the first Harry Potter movie had just come out, my grandma bought me a handmade Gryffindor scarf on eBay. We had no issues getting our order, but eBay shut down the seller for something to do with having mentioned a brand name or something indicating the item was official, and I believe we got a similar message.
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 04:32:15 AM »
Its something to do with the seller either being kicked off ebay (check to see if they are still a registered user to tell - also you'll see if they have a bunch of red negs showing in the feedback as well) ,  closing their account themselves, or  just the listing for that particular item being taken down by ebay due to violating their policies as GH mentioned .
 You have your item thankfully so I wouldn't worry about it :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal