collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I won Lavender Dream Castle on ebay, but seller refuses to sell it to me. :'(  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
Link to auction

I stubled across it when it was only 30 minutes left, and emediatly sent a email to the seller to ask for shipping quotes. I really wanted it, but seller had no time to get back to me. I thought we could be grown ups and discuss shipping afterwards as I don't care if the shipping would have been $100 from Canada (or more). I was so happy when I won it.

If he really didn't want to ship to my Swedish adress, just because I didn't get a quote for shipping first, I have a back up to use:
A adress in the US that he can ship to. (as he had stated in the auction that US and Canada was fine).

I have given him my aunts adress (as he refused to even talk about shipping to Sweden as I contacted him to late) and I mean to use it durin check out when I pay, so there should not be any problems.
It would have been just the same as if anyone in the US had won it...

But he just want to cancel our transaction, and says that it is his items - his rules. He doesn't want to sell to me. He doesn't want my money!

...I'm quite sad at this point. :( I have contacted ebay as I think he is breaking the rules, we do have a contract!)

If I had known that he would be such a pain I would have used my aunts ebay account when bidding instead. And I would'nt have needed to go through this. *sigh*

I think I need a hug now. :(
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:02:38 AM by Norrskensljus »
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Staff
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Awww hon i'm so sorry this happened to you.  Yes contact Ebay as this is just plain rude from the seller! :(

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Awe!
I'm so sorry, I was watching that on ebay, terrible that he wont sell to you.
Get in contact with ebay and see what they can do.
I'm pretty sure you can have the item sent to someone in the us if its on your paypal account.
I've paid for things and had them sent to my boyfriend many times!!

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
thanks guys!

Yes I have bought and sent to my aunt a lot of times. I have changed my primary shipping adress to hers on ebay, just so he shouldn't have any arguments for not selling it to me. :/ -and I'll do the same thing on paypal.

I don't see why he thinks that I'm such a problem.
I fear that he have already given second chance offer to someone else, even though I have not agrred on cancel our transaction.

I have been super polite to him through all our conversation. I havent responed with a "no" to the cancel transaction thing on ebay yet, as I don't want to upset him. I wanted to talk reason with him first.

But soon I will have to respond to it, and let ebay handle this. But he will be so angry with me that he will do anything for me to not get this castle! Even if it means negative feedback from me, and a reprimand from ebay. He seams to be that kind of person.

:/ *big cloud over head*
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Well done, contact ebay, they cannot force them to sell to you but they can spank him. I've read too on the customer support that once an auction ends you both have a contract.
Really rude of them since you provided an US address to ship, maybe they are not happy of the final price it went sold  -_-

And also I've read many times that a seller cannot leave negative feedbacks anymore to buyers so no worries
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:28:52 AM by Izrabeth »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I am not going to have a favorable answer here. But ebay can't force him to sell it to you.  It clearly says under shipping that he only ships to Canada and the US.  And ebay will side with him unfortunately.

And the reason he is probably not willing to ship to the US address you provided him is because he will not be covered. A seller is not covered under seller protection if your buyer requests the item to be sent to another address other than what is listed on your Paypal account.  I see you said you changed your ebay but your Paypal still has your Sweden address so there is where the problem lies. He is only protecting himself in the matter.  And I am not saying you are going to scam him but he does not know that.

I would ask him if you change your address on Paypal to the US one so that he is covered, would he be willing to send the item?   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
So you were the one who outbid me at the last second...

I'm actually kind of glad I didn't win now if this is how he was going to treat his buyers - if you read the auction description it almost sounded that he wanted a particular person to win it...
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Guys, lets be fair here. It clearly says that he only ships to Canada and USA. He doesn't have to ship anywhere he doesn't want to. He's not going to ship it to an address that isn't confirmed on your paypal because it's not confirmed.

He's not in the wrong. Reporting him to Ebay is wrong because he's not doing anything wrong. He doesn't have to ship to a country he doesn't want to.

Ivy - I wouldn't make assumptions. He probably would have treated you just fine since all he would do is ship to the address on your account.

This is very unfair to try and report him and say he's mean. I haven't heard anything mean. Also, can we please only report people that are actually in the wrong so that Ebay doesn't have to weed through the fake ones?

If I didn't sell to a country and they wanted me to ship it to a middle man so that that person would ship it to them there is no way I would do that. How is this fair?

Likewise, I'm sure if he posted on this forum saying someone outside of where he shipped to bid, people would be responding saying how rude the buyer was for doing that.

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Now reading here the replies and paying more attention I realized I skipped the shipping only to USA and Canada, sorry a bit too much sleepy today. Thought they were only against you in particolar and Sweden.
I clearly must eat back my words as both PonyLady and Rockin are totally right.  :redface:
You should have contacted them before bidding asking if it was fine to them to ship to you or your aunt

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile

I'm actually kind of glad I didn't win now if this is how he was going to treat his buyers - if you read the auction description it almost sounded that he wanted a particular person to win it...

He's making a joke.  Andrew WK is a celebrity.

I have to agree that you are in the wrong for bidding without talking to him first and for reporting him.  He is pretty clear about his shipping terms.  And there is no way I would ship to an address that is not connected with the paypal account, as I would no longer be covered under the seller protection plan.
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
Re: I won Lavender Dream Castle on ebay, but seller refuses to sell it to me. :'(
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 06:04:08 AM »

He's making a joke.  Andrew WK is a celebrity.

I have to agree that you are in the wrong for bidding without talking to him first and for reporting him.  He is pretty clear about his shipping terms.  And there is no way I would ship to an address that is not connected with the paypal account, as I would no longer be covered under the seller protection plan.

My bad - I'm horrible with celebrities - these kind of things go over my head and your right of course, the seller did say US and Canada - though when I tried to use the shipping calculator it wouldn't give me a shipping quote for my zip.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: I won Lavender Dream Castle on ebay, but seller refuses to sell it to me. :'(
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 07:08:31 AM »
Yes I totally agree.... when a seller states they only ship to certain areas its not a good idea to bid assuming they will ship to you anyway and its not really fair to put a seller in the position to post a package to an address not covered by paypal/ebay seller protection.  It puts both of you at risk.  I really don't feel ebay will do anything to this seller for his/her unwillingness to sell this item to you based on the circumstances.  They will probably say he has every right to refund your money to you for the bid.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 10:34:34 AM »
I really don't get why people don't ship worldwide anyways. I mean the buyer of course pays for the shipping so what's the problem? I always see stuff I want going for bargain prices because they don't ship outside of their own country and it annoys me to no end.

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 11:03:22 AM »
Why wouldn't he be covered if she provided a confirmed us address?
Or  a non confirmed address in the us if it was on her Paypal account?

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 11:16:52 AM »
I'm afraid I agree with what has been said. If the seller doesn't want to ship out of country for whatever reason that is his decision.
If you had contacted him well ahead in time he might have considered shipping to you. But going ahead and bidding that near the auction end, without his permisson, of course it's not likely going to make him any more helpful or willing to ship to you.

In fact, I see a lot of this type of problem here on trader support, problems that could have been avoided by contacting the seller earlier.

Why is it that when people spot a good item very late they take for granted that they can "bid now and solve any problems later"?
I mean I have found auctions late too, it happens to everyone. When you are late like that, there is nothing wrong with trying to find a solution. But chances are you will not make it in time... and then you need to understand and accept that.

Brute force bidding, there is no way it could end well.. just saying ;)
-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal