collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which ponies came with Mommy Charms  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Which ponies came with Mommy Charms
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2015, 04:42:31 PM »

I am fairly certain that we had them in Australia too, although I did go to the UK in April of 1990 so maybe I got them there. I did get a lot of ponies on that trip!

I think you did, since Dream Valley originally claimed that the Australian leaflet was "misspelt" for writing Mummy and not Mommy. I assume Australia had the same leaflet as the UK did.

This is coming back to this late but I just got a set of y6 Newborn Twins MIB and there was a charm tucked up by the seesaw in the box. I...don't remember offhand which one it was, I think she's orange. The twins are Tuggles & Toddles/Sticky and Sniffles and the box is US.

I've also seen them a couple of times recently with Peekaboo babies, but not uniformly.

Also, addendum to Hathorcat's list - I'm pretty sure that the difference in release years here (us having certain ponies at different times) meant that some sets differed depending on where and when they were being sold. The Loving Family Ponies are chief suspects for Mummy Charms in the UK :)

I can't get a hold of my leaflet at the moment to check the date but I suspect they were here around 1989-90, which is a bit later than the North American year 6.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2015, 05:32:46 PM »
My Barnacle has a Charm. I've owned two MOC Wigwam and two MOC Chief - none of those had Charms.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »
When I was little, I remember picking out my Sundae Best Sherbet pony and she came with a charm, Yours Too. When I read years later the charms were in random packaging, I thought that was cool!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal