collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony count of 2014  (Read 289 times)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Pony count of 2014
« on: July 16, 2014, 06:52:59 AM »
So my hubby and I have been talking about just how many ponies we think i have..... I have been meaning to count and clean everyone up and get a more accurate list of who I have, who I want, and who I need.

So this weekend is the time. The fox's house pony count down 2014.
*its the final count down, nah nah nah nun* <--- Hubby singing

We got into questions like do we count the BBE army? baits? blind bags? Who do ya'll count when you do a pony count?

He and I are making a bet on it, looser has to cook dinner next week AND do the dishes *hissssss* we both despise dishes.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony count of 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 07:02:52 AM »
hehe.. hope you win darling.. I usually count my ponies by type and generation...
example
G1 has this many unicorns, this many pegasi( pegasus'? whats plural for lots of pegasus?) and how many earth ponies.
Then the same for the other two gens i collect..
good luck on the bet any how.. sorry about the dishes..
hehe everyone hates doing them.. i never have.. i do my best artistic thinking when i can zone out and go on auto pilot doing them!!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:44:01 AM »
Cool! I enjoy keeping spreadsheets of my collection.

Personally I only count regular brushables. I do count doubles and armies and ponies I plan to sell. I don't count anything like blind bags, plush, McDonalds ponies, and so on. Those kind of ponies fall into their own categories in my mind.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 08:06:11 AM »
Good luck! :P

I count pretty much anything that is a pony-- blind bags, McD's, figures... but not doubles. I need to get my collection together though. I used to have a good record on Ponydex, but now I need a good substitute that's easy to maintain and get stats at a glance.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 08:11:06 AM »
I take a pic of my pony with their name underneath on Microsoft Words in order that I got them. I have about 14. 13 G3s and 1 G1 who I need to take a picture of when I find my digi-camera cord. I do the same with my model horses
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 08:21:56 AM »
I keep a digital photo album, and everyone is separated by gen, fakie, and custom.

For example, I just received Bangles in the mail today, so when I log her in, she'll be categorized as "1987SoSoftBangles." Customs are labeled like "AlternateRehairPeachBlossombySunshine" but it's the fakies that get a little more difficult. Since many of them don't really have official names, I have to be as descriptive as possible. "CrumpetPoseYellowPurpleHair" and "AuthenticRemcoAshGrayNoTail" are examples of that.

Most people would not bother to log their fakies, but I have over 200 of them, and consider them a part of the herd. Whether or not you choose to count all of yours is up to you.

That's part of the reason that I say that you should count your BBE army! I have a very, very small Bowtie army that are just labeled A, B, and C, so maybe that would be something you could do to keep track? I also have doubles of Cocoberry and Majesty and I count them, so yes, I say go for it! I wouldn't count anything in your trade or sale box though. I usually don't, but I also keep a spreadsheet and I can easily delete those if I ever get rid of any.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 02:30:46 PM »
Oh such a fun task! So much more fun than dusting them :P Have a good time!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 12:15:27 AM »
I hope you win... dishes SUCK!

But I LOVE counting ponies, haha! I have a spreadsheet of all the ponies I want, and then I have a tally of who I do or don't have, with 'pages' for each gen. I Don't have the McDonalds ponies, or the fakies, because I haven't got around to adding them, not to mention they are super hard to catalogue in a spreadsheet, I'd have to add them in every time I got a new one, instead of just popping a number in the box beside their name like I do with the MLP's.

I count Brushables, Blind Bags, fashion styles, and plushies for certain gens that have limited numbers, like G1 & G2. Right now my spreadsheet tells me I have:

By Generation:
245 G1
  45 G2
185 G3
106 G4

By Type:
486 Brushables
  91 Minis (BB's, Petites, PV's, Mommy Charms, etc)
    2 Styling
    3 Plush

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Carcina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 12:29:14 AM »
I count all ponies, brushables, plushies, blind bags, everything. The only things I don't count are non ponies, like spike the dragon or Gilda the griffon.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 02:57:29 AM »
How fun! Good Luck and I hope you win, dishes suck!
I only count the ponies I have on the shelves. I know I have about 60 something others in bags under the bed that I've found at fleemarkets and that need attending, but they're not in the shelves and thus not part of my collection yet.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 06:52:45 AM »
Good luck!

I count brushables only when I do a count of the herd. The blind bags, plush, etc are considered their own categories. Customs too.

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal