collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which Spike is Which? Please Show me All Lavender Dream Castle Spikes!  (Read 867 times)

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
At the Fair Ashlyne and I had a discussion about which Spike came with the Lavender Dream Castle - and now I'm as confused as ever. So Please Post your pictures of your Spikes - particularly if it came with a Childhood Lavender Dream Castle - or if you have :dribble: a MIB Lavender Dream Castle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The ones in question really are the second and third one in the row...

Close up of the two

Thanks in advance we'd really like this mystery figured out.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
I have a spike and I got him in a lot with some regular dream castle accessories so I am guessing mine did not come with the lavender one.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Mlphammy

• Trade Count: (0)
The one from the Lavender Dream Castle has brighter colors, I believe :)

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Here's the comparison I did of the Spikes I currently have in my possession.

The far right one is from my childhood pink Dream Castle and the others came from yard sales with nothing to indicate which castle they came with (no other pony items at all for a couple of them let alone castle accessories).

I'll be watching this topic as I've wondered if there was any guaranteed way to tell whether one is from the lavender castle.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
I will have to search for the thread but I posted comparison pics of all 3 spikes side by side several months ago. If I can find it I think you will find that thread very helpful :)
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
I think I posted on that thread too..
really the question is - I saw the Second Spike on the left in a lot of a complete Lavender Dream Castle as well and what I think was MIB -note he has round dots for eyes not the crescent moons
. He's quite pink compared to the other Spikes.
The Third Spike in the lineup is what Ashlyne has had come with several Purple Dream Castles that have passed through her hands - He has the crescent moon eyes like the pink dream castle spikes - the rest of the row - but is a much darker/brighter purple in color. So did both of them come with the lavender Dream Castle? Gypsy also confirmed that he's the color that came with her Childhood Lavender Castle.  I know anything is possible with various country releases...that's what we are trying to track down.

Which other countries was Dream Castle Released - could he possibly be a Italian or Nirvana Spike?

Ok New Comparison shots.  -He's a lighter in color and a little more purple pink than the pink dragon.

In fact he appears to be close to color of Wooly.

Comparison between him and a Pink Dream Castle Spike

Shot of him, Pink Dragon and now confirmed Lavender Dream Castle Dragon.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:18:49 AM by Ivy »
Check out my Sales!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I mentioned this in the last thread I think but it got kind of lost. :)

Its not the colour - its the eyes that matter. Crescent eyes which go the whole height of the eyes for pink DC and more oval eyes which are surrounded by white normally for the lavender DC.

I have owned and still do own one of the "brighter" supposedly lavender DC Spikes but thats not what he is from. There were so many releases of the pink DC and in so many places its not surprising he varies a little in shade. I have been looking for the actual lavender DC version for a long time...the search goes on!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
I mentioned this in the last thread I think but it got kind of lost. :)

Its not the colour - its the eyes that matter. Crescent eyes which go the whole height of the eyes for pink DC and more oval eyes which are surrounded by white normally for the lavender DC.

I have owned and still do own one of the "brighter" supposedly lavender DC Spikes but thats not what he is from. There were so many releases of the pink DC and in so many places its not surprising he varies a little in shade. I have been looking for the actual lavender DC version for a long time...the search goes on!
Ashlyne sent me a picture of Gypsy's Childhood Lavender Castle Spike - His eyes are just like my brighter purple spike.

Cresent moons. No more white around them then usual.

So lets review what we know about Dream Castle -
Dream Castle was first released in 1984 in Pink with Spike and Majesty it was in stores for apparently 2 years - longer if the store was slow in selling.
I also have a 1986 UK Pamphlet that shows the Dream Castle in it.
Dream Castle was released in the US, Canada, the UK, Italy - what other countries?

We know that the Lavender release of the Castle was released in 1989.

I don't think that the Castle had any mail order releases -or was there one I'm not aware of?

I think the only mail order version of him is the Cartoon Eye version.

Check out my Sales!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I can only talk from the 2 lavender DC Spikes I have seen still in their little packages [neither of which I have owned and only from images unfortunately] and they had those had the circular eyes.

I just think that the bright purple Spike comes on the market with too much regularity for him to be just from the lavender DC. Last time this discussion came up more people seemed to have the bright purple version than would make sense when you consider the amount of lavender DCs out there. Perhaps there is a cross over?

The Castle was on shelves almost consistently with a short break between the last release of the pink and the release of the purple - perhaps it goes normal spike with the pink, brighter Spike with the crescent eyes with the pink and then into the lavender and then finish up with the circle eyed Spike?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I wish I had some more insight to add, but I have another curve ball instead.....

ALL 3 of these have different shade spikes! One of them the paint is so poor that I am questioning whether it is genuine or someone tried to fix my poor dragon????

Ivy I love that pink one- I need to get one of those!

If I'm not mistaken the last time this was brought up someone said that one version glowed under black light? I don't have a light to test this on...

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile

I've never had a Spike in my possession. :( (Although I did have Megan, Molly, several Bushwoolies, and even Brandy the dog.) Looking at your pic, though, I have to say that the first one is the only one I like. It's the eyes; I like those cute wide eyes. The other ones aren't as cute, IMO.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal