collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which Pony Wear items/sets are HTF?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Which Pony Wear items/sets are HTF?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 07:48:34 PM »
Great stuff guys thanks!!
One more question, is the crown from pageant queen expensive?
I had one as a kid and loved it! But it's gone missing :/
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »
Great stuff guys thanks!!
One more question, is the crown from pageant queen expensive?
I had one as a kid and loved it! But it's gone missing :/

I think I paid $6 for mine. I currently have 1 in my trade box, but it is missing 2/3 of the jewels, they fall off easily!

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 09:43:26 PM »
I've been on the lookout for the goggles from the ski suit set for a couple years now.  :yikes:

Though it's not technically pony wear, the eye mask for Rock-a-bye bed playset took a while to find.

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 02:03:51 AM »
The MOC  Party Time outfit with white "furr" and white crown. (UK Pony Outfit) .. It's hard to find loose, but very rare as MOC! The one with red furr and crown shows up on ebay from time to time though..

I have been looking for the white one MOC for ages!

I don't think I've ever seen that one MOC! The red one is reasonably common as far as MOC Ponywear goes, but don't recall seeing the white one.

I've done some digging in information about the white furr one, and the night dress with alternate lace color... I want to ad the correct information to my website guide that I'm working on.

In the first UK leaflet ("welcome to the world of My Little Pony" that came with the Gymkhana playset) the ponies are photographed with this outfit being white and the lace on the night dress is the alternate one..

One year later (1985) these 3 outfits where reissued together with the pony wear from the 1984 US collection. This time the outfits where painted in the booklet, and it is the red furr version who is illustrated...

Do you think it could have been this way? 1984: white furr 1985: red furr ?
I'm not sure if the proof is enough, so I'm looking for more. :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:05:41 AM by Norrskensljus »
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 07:04:33 AM »
I have both of the bedtime outfits MOC and unfortunately there is absolutely no difference in the cards to help - same dates of release and no price ticket on it to help out - nothing to date it more precisely.

Personally I am not sure if its as specific as one year for one and one year for the other - I think the white outfit is too "rare" in comparison to the red to be a simple split - perhaps its more likely that initial batches were in the white which was changed at some point in production to red - so there was an initial release of white followed by the remainder of that year with red and then the following year with red.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ponyland

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 08:25:30 AM »
I have both of the bedtime outfits MOC and unfortunately there is absolutely no difference in the cards to help - same dates of release and no price ticket on it to help out - nothing to date it more precisely.

Personally I am not sure if its as specific as one year for one and one year for the other - I think the white outfit is too "rare" in comparison to the red to be a simple split - perhaps its more likely that initial batches were in the white which was changed at some point in production to red - so there was an initial release of white followed by the remainder of that year with red and then the following year with red.

Yes, I agree with you that it probably could have been this way. :) I'm looking for proof for the red one being sold during 1984 as well. (Like advertising from stores). I hope to find some answeres someday, at least it do look like the white one was the first issue of them both.  It is funny that the illustration on the back card shows this outfit with red furr and white crown. One piece from each set. :)

Can I ask, does your MOC's have a clear or yellowed bubble?
It's so hard to find any from this set with a nice bubble.. :/

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »
I didn't even know that the outfit existed with white trim! Looks like another one to add to the list :D

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
This thread shows me I still have a few things to learn about Euro Ponywear!

Offline relcelestia

• Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »
i think this thread needs PICS!!! ^_^

take me to school!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »

Yes, I agree with you that it probably could have been this way. :) I'm looking for proof for the red one being sold during 1984 as well. (Like advertising from stores). I hope to find some answeres someday, at least it do look like the white one was the first issue of them both.  It is funny that the illustration on the back card shows this outfit with red furr and white crown. One piece from each set. :)

I wish! No they both have a yellowish bubble...the only early UK wear I have ever managed to track down within the yellow is the Carnival set...and personally I hardly ever see it sold without at least a yellow tinge.

Edit: Sorry guys I dont have any pictures to hand! I could post a backcard pic of it if you wish but thats all I have at the moment! Maybe someone else will have pictures.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:53:28 PM by hathorcat »
Loa is my love god!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 12:31:57 PM »
I think I have a pic of the white one loose...

I've not been able to track down anything for it either. I would say it's rarer than the bedtime outfit with the different trim, but not as widely known about. Still, there are a number  of both bedtime outfits MOC, so I would have expected this to turn up at some point as well. I will keep my eye out for information!

Both the red party times I've had were yellowed also, though my current one is less yellowed than the original I had.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline relcelestia

• Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 04:11:30 PM »
ooohh cool!!! is that complete? any pieces missing? is there a website with more info/pics on UK pony wear?

Offline Ponyland

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 01:14:41 AM »

I wish! No they both have a yellowish bubble...the only early UK wear I have ever managed to track down within the yellow is the Carnival set...and personally I hardly ever see it sold without at least a yellow tinge.

Sorry to hear yours are yellowed as well. :/ I'm not giving up hope though! :)
I have the jewellery set from this pony outfit set, and it is factory fresh with unpunched card and clear bubble! So hopefully there is still some more clear bubbles out there! :) ..I bought it here in Sweden though, and we have a slightly diffrent climate I guess..

From the same store, with old swedish stock, I also got the complete Pony Wear Collection 4 set with the Beach Party outfit, Ballerina outfit, Carnival Time outfit and the Sunday Stroll outfit. Each just as factory fresh with clear bubble.

Hopefully the earlier sets will turn up with clear bubbles someday! :)

(I also found a Bride Confetti, but thats another story :) )

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 01:26:05 AM »
I think I have a pic of the white one loose...

I've not been able to track down anything for it either. I would say it's rarer than the bedtime outfit with the different trim, but not as widely known about. Still, there are a number  of both bedtime outfits MOC, so I would have expected this to turn up at some point as well. I will keep my eye out for information!

Both the red party times I've had were yellowed also, though my current one is less yellowed than the original I had.

I didn't know about this variant! The crown looks kind of plastic-y but the cape is much nicer than the red version.

The yellowing, is it the "card bubble" you are talking about only or is the actual outfit known to be yellowed as well?
-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 03:31:03 AM »
The yellowing is only on the bubble - inside the clothing looks fine.

The crown on both the red and white party wear is very plastic-y lol! Thats a great description but I really love the outfit.
Loa is my love god!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal