collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trixie on Taobao - Not New - Taobao questions  (Read 955 times)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Trixie on Taobao - Not New - Taobao questions
« on: March 20, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »
I found on a blog that someone (not named) found Trixie on Taobao.

Not sure if I can link to the blog. PLMK and I can send the blog link.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:42:00 PM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Trixie on Taobao
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 03:38:15 PM »
Cat made a thread about this last week. Link!
Apparently there were only 1 or 2 listed and an Arena member managed to get one. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: Trixie on Taobao
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
Ack! Thanks Chi.

This is all driving me nuts. I want more new ponies and most of the time, it takes a long time to get them here in California.

Is there a good Taobao tutorial and list of good agents? What do people use as search terms? I haven't found all the info in one place.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:41:15 PM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Trixie on Taobao - Not New - Taobao questions
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »
I used taobaonow.com, was suggested by a member here.  They've been extremely friendly and were willing to add things on to my original order.  They charge a minimum fee of about $8 but I don't consider that all that much.  My best suggestion is to use google translate when you shop on taobao, you can understand most of it that way.  I also used a currency converter to help me with pricing.  I just searched for my little pony and went through the pages, tho there's usually 40+.  Not all have the name of the pony in the text tho, so I'm fine with searching all the pages.

Also, they charge a lot for shipping the first lb.  It's best to make all of your purchases at one time.  Taobaonow offers a discount, but it's still like 22$ for the first lb, extra lbs are a lot less than that first one.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:04:50 PM by Prismatic »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Trixie on Taobao - Not New - Taobao questions
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:20:54 PM »
Oh and as for the "taking a long time".. The day they receive whatever you order to their office, they ship it out the day after you pay for the shipping. If you use a method such as EMS it should only take 3 - 7 days at the most. My order was shipped the 16th and arrived here yesterday.
It's really a simple process. You register your account and then you go to "Your Shopping Cart" and paste in links, description of which one you want (if there is more than one item on the page) and the quantity. Then find another item you'd like and repeat. Once you've gotten all the things you want into your shopping cart you submit your order and wait for a response.

The agent will tell you if your items are available or not and then send a request for payment right on the "your orders" page. You can pay with your debit/credit cart directly (If you are part of a bank that allows it. Note that Bank of America does not unless you go to the bank and ask if they can allow you to do so.) or you can submit a comment requesting that they email you a Paypal form and you can pay with that as well. Once you've paid they will order your items and receive them in their office.

They will check the items to make sure they're okay (not broken/damaged, etc) weigh them and get back to you with a shipping payment form that has four shipping options: EMS, Hong Kong Airmail (which was only like 20 cents less than EMS), Hong Kong Airmail Small Parcel and China Airmail Small Parcel. I chose EMS because it is the fastest, safest method with the least amount of Customs restrictions, but it is also the most expensive.

The entire time throughout your order there will be a handy little thing like this that as your order gets to the next stage the buttons will light up.

The first button is "Your order has been received", second is "Your item is available for order", third is "Have received your payment", fourth is "Item has been ordered", fifth is "Item has arrived at our office", sixth button is "Item has been checked once/twice", seventh is "Have received shipping payment" and last is "Package has left our office and is on its way to you." The little envelope box lit orange with a number means that is the amount of messages that are currently unread. When you click it on the order page it will let the agent know that you have read the message.
If you have any other questions I'll be glad to help. I personally had a very pleasant experience with Taobao Now and would gladly order from them again. :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:22:38 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal