collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need ideas for a photoshoot xD  (Read 432 times)

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
I need ideas for a photoshoot xD
« on: April 05, 2013, 08:10:41 AM »
As some of you might know, I'm a model (well, only for my hobby, sometimes some payed assignments).

I design/style a lot of my own shoots, but this time I might need some help.

I bought four neon colored belts (orange, yellow, pink and green) and I would like to do a shoot with them, but all I can think of is this one image I've seen which I really like, but I don't want to re-create it.

I'd like the belts to be the main focus in the picture.

So... any ideas?

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: I need ideas for a photoshoot xD
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »
I think I have seen a picture of you somewhere in here...photos of members topic maybe?  You're very pretty! 

I think in order to focus on the belt you need a drab, dark, or otherwise contrasting background. I'm thinking:

~Lay on top of a pile of black and white clothing.  In my mind I see a bunch of men's button downs in all kinds of patterns (not solid black and white only).
~Float in a pool while wearing a blue/water colored dress.
~Find some black and white graffiti or graffiti in a color that will make the belt stand out.  Or other monotone backgrounds like brick and stone walls.
~Do you have snow?  Instant outside picture setting where ever you want.  Frozen water is a nice idea.  You might get cold.
~Find something IN the color of the belt and surround yourself with that color.  It would be really subtle but it would still be about the belt.

Am I way off base from what you are wanting?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 12:28:13 PM »
An easy copout would be selective colouring, but don't do selective colouring, people would laugh at you. If you want to make the belts stand out, use complimentary colours in the shoot that will make them pop out. It sounds like they're bright, so shooting against a black background will definitely work. Any photographer who's worth their salt can take a white background and turn it black. In terms of clothing, black jeans or pants against a black background will definitely work if the pants are properly lit, maybe using a fill light, or something like a strip light around the waist to really make them show up.

Using your hands to draw attention to the belts would help, too. I'm not talking like pointing at them, but keeping your hands or thumbs in your pockets would definitely draw the eye without making it too obvious. If you're a fair skinned human being, showing a bit of midriff would help, too. Don't be shy about keeping your hips pushed out for the shoot, too. I'm not talking like you're trying to crotch thrust the camera from where your standing, but a subtle push.

I'd definitely go with a lot of monochome, but I'd be ready for some shades that compliment the belts. Black pants, grey top, or vice versa. Have some clothes that are complimentary to the belt, but obviously of a different saturation level. Bright orange on bright green would be obnoxious. Some makeup that works with the belts would help the theme of 'brightly colour belts', I'm not talking bright green make up, but eyeliner that's a complimentary colour, desaturated and a darker shade would fit.

If it were me lighting the shoot I'd put a fill light on the waist, probably my 1x3 hair light, maybe something for fill below that, I wouldn't want it to be too glaringly obvious that there's a fill light there. I can't see it being full body shots, lowest I would go is the knees, so I'd let the light fall off around the shins and calves. I'd use one of my 2x2 softboxes, to light the underside of your body, to make some light propagate on the underside of your breasts. I usually wouldn't do that, but if the focus is on the waist, haven't light leading to it would help. For a key light I'd maybe use my 5x5 octabox but that throws off a ton of light, and I'm afraid it'd wash out all the other lights I had set up. I'd probably use of my 3x2 softboxes, those would be above you, lighting the rest of your body.

I'd go for multiple looks, for sure. Start off with a black tank or black halter top, and black jeans. A black top with a white or grey cardigan, too. Start with a black background, and move it to grey, try some white, but I'd likely keep it black or grey, then move into clothing with more colours. In my head I'm definitely seeing a hair fan being used. I wouldn't aim for a glamour style shoot, with glamour makeup, but a hair fan can add easy 'attitude'.

Hope that helps.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 04:05:34 PM »
I have no ideas but best of luck with your shoot!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 07:45:46 AM »
If the belts should be the focus, go minimal with everything else.  Black clothing, white backdrop.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »
I think part of the staging is what message you want to send.  I mean buy the belt obviously.  But what target audience are we talking about?  If going for a more girl on the town you could focus on the glam of the belt, or how the belt makes the wearer look more slender for that night on the town etc.  If it's more a strategy of buy this brand and people will like you you could do a birthday set up, 3 girls wearing the belts one being opened as a gift with the last girl super excited to now have a belt just like her friends.  Wear the belt and you'll be sexy... a nice male crossover or getting ready for a date.  Or the working girl atmosphere with a focus of hey still be yourself and individual, add a neon belt tp the grey suit.... etc.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »
Have we been helpful at all?

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 10:57:34 AM »
Yes you all have been helpful :)

Marigold: thank you for your many suggestions, they are really helpful and I like them a lot!

DoctorMowinckel: Thank you for your help, though I was more looking for concepts *sorry for not mentioning it* . Also, the lighting is not my part,  but I'll keep the ideas and will discus them with the photographer.

kaoskat: Thank you ^^

Sarahlacewing: the message is not to buy the belt. It's not a job, just for myself. But you're really good at this, are you working for a publicity agency?

If anyone is interested, my work can be found here:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151530034918263.37862.100001838019993&type=3

Personal website: www.TypicalTish.webs.com (still under construction)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
I minored in pr but never did anything with it. Lol. ;)
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal